Best place to buy a new TV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Aug 2012 7:01 PM by geofb Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

I am moving to Camposol , in the next week and require a TV, and also a sat. dish.

I want to buy a new TV, but not an expensive one, same with sat.dish, any suggestions?

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 9:24 AM by theequaliser Star rating in Spain. 26 posts Send private message

theequaliser´s avatar

My mate at the local bar says why not try a TV shop, like Carrefour, Eroski or Media Markt.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 10:31 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi

i bought a 32 inch flat screen t.v. at carrefour in torrevieja

about 3 years ago for 299 euros and it is still going strong

coolyes

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 11:02 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Try Worten or Media Markt in Parque Mediterraneo Cartagena or the same plus Saturn in Nuevo Condomina Murcia. There is also a Carrefour at Parque Mediterraneo.i

We have had good service from both Media Markt and Worten if there have been problems but Carrefour are not as good IMHO.

There is an electrical shop on B sector but have never been there. Friends on Camposol have used them but they are more expensive than the above shops.

Jean

Forgot to add that there are several dish suppliers and installers. Sorry but cannot remember who we used. Best thing is to ask youe neighbours for a recommendation.

This message was last edited by ayrez on 25/08/2012.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 2:39 PM by theequaliser Star rating in Spain. 26 posts Send private message

theequaliser´s avatar

Loads of dish suppliers all advertising in the local newspapers.

Geofb. Why are you finding things so difficult?

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 4:33 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Possibly because he is just moving to Camposol and does not know the area.

By the way where are you based?

Jean

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 4:47 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

We have had 2 TV's from Carrefour and could not fault the service. 

I know a few people on the forum have had a few bad experiences from them but we found them to be very good, can only speak as you find.

Patricia

This message was last edited by pat and roy on 25/08/2012.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 4:56 PM by juliemunoz Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We purchased a TV less than 6 months ago, however I checked prices online prior to visiting the stores.  The TV we wanted was actually 100 euros more expensive in the Carrefour store than online!!!!  We informed the sales staff, to no avail, and went to Customer Services who basically told us that the Carrefour website was nothing to do with Carrefour,

We went to Eroski, and purchased the same TV, at the same price as on Carrefour online. 

So my advice would be check prices online prior to visiting the stores.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 5:25 PM by TamaraEssex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

TamaraEssex´s avatar

If at all possible, try a local TV shop rather than a supermarket.  I bought from a village shop, prices were the same (and in many instances a bit cheaper than Worten and Carrefour for the same model), it arrived the next day and Jose brought it round and made sure it was all working and that I knew how the remote worked, before he left.  No charge for the installation, and you'd be supporting a local small business rather than the multi-nationals.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
26 Aug 2012 9:35 AM by theequaliser Star rating in Spain. 26 posts Send private message

theequaliser´s avatar

Ayrex

By the way where are you based?

Jean

Well, hi there Jean baby. I am based in Murcia. Better send me a PM, know what I mean?

GEORGE

Like 0      
26 Aug 2012 10:22 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Try any branch of Tien21 - gave us a good discount on a telly and installed a sat dish for far less than ANY of the firms which advertise in the free papers! Also - and more important - they will still be there in five or ten years time!

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2012 12:37 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Don't forget Amazon as well. They deliver to Spain with free super saver delivery on some models.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2012 1:45 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

We got good deal from a local TV shop, it even had a plug, remote control with batteries and a warranty.

Strange how geofb hasn’t posted a reply?

Like 0      
27 Aug 2012 2:07 PM by geofb Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

I've just enjoyed the feed back from all you nice people, coming over tommorrow from a wet, windy UK.

Just as an aside I thought all new TVs came with aplug and remote,

Keep it coming

geofb

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Corvera airport revisited - 1 posts
Belmonteinternational - 0 posts
Would like to watch English speaking TV - 9 posts
President withdraws resignation - 5 posts
Free guides for rest of August - 0 posts
Dation and balance - 0 posts
Is this REALLY secure and safe? - 6 posts
Rogue Tenant - 0 posts
Property costs in Barcelona - 0 posts
Olympic Bloopers - 4 posts
Advice on the Canary Islands please - 1 posts
Peuguot 307 convert. 2008 For Sale - 0 posts
Long term rental in or around Ciudad Quesada. - 1 posts
Driving a Spanish Registered car in the UK - 41 posts
The Spanish Highway Code - 3 posts
changing the name on my endesa bill - 7 posts
NEW PADRON REQUIRED TO RETAIN HEALTH COVER ???? - 36 posts
duplicate licences, and licence category - 0 posts
Attention Jet2 points collectors - 3 posts
Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories! - 15 posts
Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts
The Torresat price rise - 0 posts
double taxation - 1 posts
Advertising - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x