Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2012 1:24 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

I have decided to go legal and get a Spanish Licence and on studying the temporary licence I have found that the Spanish Traffico is depriving me of all my entitled catagories, upto 7.5 ton, Mini bus etc. etc.

I returned today to challenge this at traffico and they have told me that I am just entitled to the basic catagories, car, car and caravan not exceeding 3500 kgs.

I have been driving a variety of large vehicles nearly since passing my test in 1990, how with moving to another country am I suddenly not qualified to?

Is the licence not a european licence? Surely it should be the same. If the case is not so then it should be tit for tat and the spanish going to england should have the same treatment from DVLA and have things removed.

As it stands I cannot even drive the mini bus I used to drive.

Spain, part of europe only when it wants handouts!

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 1:56 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

17 Aug 2012 2:20 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

I was going to replace my uK licence with another and register it to my brothers address but I thought better of it. I dedcided to do the right thing and go legal. This is the thanks you get for it. How can I have been qualified yesterday on my UK licence and not today?

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 3:28 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I suspect there has just been an  admin error,  which can be put right.

When I changed my UK D/L some years ago I got all the groups.

Later when I was renewing the Spanish one I realised that in order to keep the heavier group I would have to take a medical every, I think it was 2 year, when for the basic groups it was every 5.    I   decided to let the extra groups go.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 4:32 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

No admin error, I saw the DVLA letter as plain as day telling them which catagories I was entitled to ie. all. The funcionario says that in Spain I am not entitled to them.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 4:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I suggest  you go to Trafico and complete the official complaints form.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 4:58 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Funcionario on his own working during august (bless him) waiting to retire told me to come back in september ie. when spain decides to start work again. Buck passing as usual.

I wish I had a copy of the DVLA letter which they sent to Traffico as it was very clear with the entitlements.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 5:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I wish I had a copy of the DVLA letter which they sent to Traffico as it was very clear with the entitlements.

Have you tried asking DVLC for a copy.  I cannot believe it is a secret !

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 5:11 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

I think I will have to get on and call  the DVLA and confirm the situation. On searching the net I have found other people in this situation but no word as to how and if they resoved it. If I receive no satisfaction I think I will have to approach an MEP.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 5:44 PM by geofb Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

I have been told before changing a UK licence, get a copy from DVLA, say you lost your other, then hand that over on the exchange, then you have both.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 5:52 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am fairly sure that the first one becomes invalid when you apply for a replacement  and once you apply to change it in Spain then it is invalid in UK

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 5:55 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

I wanted to apply for another UK licence but they put the frighteners on you when filling in the form about having to be resident, so I didn't bother.

He still had my licence anyway and I pointed the to all the entitlements. It's not as though he could not see them. He just said this is the way it is in Spain. How many times have I heard this sentence?

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 6:41 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

changed mine 2 years ago and they gave me my hgv class 1  too. i was 70 and the uk i did not have it after 66. nice one Spain no problem

This message was last edited by haydngj on 17/08/2012.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2012 3:27 PM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

K 5ive

What medical did you take as there are 2 kinds I changed mine and have full HGV1 so you need to go back in sept and be cool dont lose your rag as in spain it gets you no were smile and do the sad eyes works for me everytime.

This message was last edited by solwayiceman on 18/08/2012.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2012 3:46 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Solway,

really good point, that could well be the explanation

Like 0      
18 Aug 2012 3:52 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourOblions/DG_4022547

I understood  the minibus  D1 will be lost when you renew you UK licence anyway , so you loose it in Spain unless you can proove the same as below to traffico . Europe is harmonising!!

only can keep it if you can show you have a large minibus for family use. D1 has never been for hire or reward  . Need coach licence for that and different medical and CPC etc etc

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts
The Torresat price rise - 0 posts
double taxation - 1 posts
Advertising - 12 posts
Post Purchase Checks - 0 posts
Help needed with Blog editing - 5 posts
Copy of E mail from Flybe about UK Aviation Taxes... - 2 posts
Change of statute - 6 posts
Will they take the gamble - 2 posts
Sunglasses and driving. - 35 posts
Where should tax be paid UK or Spain ? - 14 posts
Wanted Long term rental in Turre - 0 posts
child seating on coaches - 1 posts
Upholster for foam - 2 posts
Secure storage space wanted - 1 posts
Hi from manilva - 0 posts
Please help the Bees - 0 posts
Community fee penalties - 3 posts
Changing car documents - 9 posts
Changing name of car documents - 2 posts
Iwant to swap my 3 bed semi in Bridgend S Wales for an apartment near Estepona - 0 posts
Beware when selling your car in Spain. - 0 posts
Bobbie - 1 posts
Movifresh - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x