The Spanish Highway Code

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2012 7:48 PM by Dalmata Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi, does anyone know how to obtain a copy of the Spanish highway code in English? My Spanish isn't bad but I have been told by Spanish friends that the Spanish highway code is written in very complicated legal language that even native Spanish speakers find hard to understand. Given the number of recent cases I have heard about where people have been fined for driving in inappropriate shoes, the wrong sort of sunglasses and our own personal experience of being fined for not using headlights whilst driving through roadworks in broad daylight! I would like to be absolutely sure we are complying with the law. -Anyone out there who has a copy in English could you let me have the ISBN or other reference details please.

Many thanks

Amanda

Like 0      
19 Aug 2012 9:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Never heard of a publication in English, but I bought a Spanish copy (from a driving scool)  years ago when my Spanish was very basic, I had no problem understanding it.

There is no complete list of do's and don't's  like what shoes to wear, how dark sunglasses shpould be,  it is basically common sense.    Rather like in UK driving witthout due care and attention, there is no list in the UK Highway Code what that amoiunts to.

http://www.spainvia.com/motoringinspain.htm    is the web site for a publication in English on driving, there maybe others too

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/08/2012.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2012 10:06 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi There

This website might help you as well.

http://costablanca.angloinfo.com/countries/spain/driving.asp

Good Luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
20 Aug 2012 9:59 AM by dalmata Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Thanks for the links and info. about the Spanish highway code I will buy a copy and have a read :):)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

changing the name on my endesa bill - 7 posts
NEW PADRON REQUIRED TO RETAIN HEALTH COVER ???? - 36 posts
duplicate licences, and licence category - 0 posts
Attention Jet2 points collectors - 3 posts
Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories! - 15 posts
Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts
The Torresat price rise - 0 posts
double taxation - 1 posts
Advertising - 12 posts
Post Purchase Checks - 0 posts
Help needed with Blog editing - 5 posts
Copy of E mail from Flybe about UK Aviation Taxes... - 2 posts
Change of statute - 6 posts
Will they take the gamble - 2 posts
Sunglasses and driving. - 35 posts
Where should tax be paid UK or Spain ? - 14 posts
Wanted Long term rental in Turre - 0 posts
child seating on coaches - 1 posts
Upholster for foam - 2 posts
Secure storage space wanted - 1 posts
Hi from manilva - 0 posts
Please help the Bees - 0 posts
Community fee penalties - 3 posts
Changing car documents - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x