Is this REALLY secure and safe?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Aug 2012 12:28 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Spurred into action by the PIN security thread on this forum, I started searching around and came across SecureSafe.com. On the face of it, it looks brilliant. You can access it easily (free app) from iPad, iPhone, etc or any computer, and it’s free unless you want to upgrade.

Both the app and website are a doddle to use.You can store PINs, passwords, bank details, anything. You can upload important documents like scans of passport, contracts, mortgage papers, whatever. You can also allocate ‘DataInheritance’ which means you can choose a loved one or business partner to be able to retrieve your info in case you pop your clogs. 

It seems to be owned by a Swiss bank, and I emailed them a question which they answered personally within 2 hours. Pretty impressive.

So my question is - has anybody heard of it, or use it? It just seems too good to be true. I’d really appreciate any thoughts…

Victoria   

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
22 Aug 2012 8:34 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

I've never heard of them myself but that's probably because I've not been looking for such a product.

I couldn't find any negative reviews about them when doing a quick search on Google.

It does look good though, I may actually give it a go myself now.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
23 Aug 2012 12:15 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Thanks for checking it out, Justin. I was pretty impressed, because it combines everything, unlike eWallet and LastPass. I'm going to start using it I think.

Victoria   :)

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
23 Aug 2012 4:40 AM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Hi Victoria, What does money supermarket - Martin Lewis say?

I would trust his opinions on something like this.

And it is free????  

PS - Love the book and hope you are enjoying your return to Spain :) 

Like 0      
23 Aug 2012 12:32 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Susan,

I couldn't find anything there, BUT I found this... http://www.securesafe.com/en/in-the-media/ which has glowing reviews. And yes, it's free up to 50 passwords and 10mb of uploading. The upgrade costs 1.20 euros a month for unlimited passwords and 100MB, then you can upgrade further if you want. I'm on the verge of going ahead.

Absolutely delighted you enjoyed the book, thanks!  Book number 3 on its way.

Loving being back in Spain, but off to Australia next month to meet my first grandchild.

Victoria   :)

Like 0      
23 Aug 2012 1:01 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Hasn't Martin Lewis sold Money Supermarket for a fat profit?

Like 0      
24 Aug 2012 12:35 PM by SusanSpain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

SusanSpain´s avatar

Possibly Marc.. but I am always the last to keep up with these things ;)

Victoria - have a great trip down under! :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rogue Tenant - 0 posts
Property costs in Barcelona - 0 posts
Olympic Bloopers - 4 posts
Advice on the Canary Islands please - 1 posts
Peuguot 307 convert. 2008 For Sale - 0 posts
Long term rental in or around Ciudad Quesada. - 1 posts
Driving a Spanish Registered car in the UK - 41 posts
The Spanish Highway Code - 3 posts
changing the name on my endesa bill - 7 posts
NEW PADRON REQUIRED TO RETAIN HEALTH COVER ???? - 36 posts
duplicate licences, and licence category - 0 posts
Attention Jet2 points collectors - 3 posts
Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories! - 15 posts
Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts
The Torresat price rise - 0 posts
double taxation - 1 posts
Advertising - 12 posts
Post Purchase Checks - 0 posts
Help needed with Blog editing - 5 posts
Copy of E mail from Flybe about UK Aviation Taxes... - 2 posts
Change of statute - 6 posts
Will they take the gamble - 2 posts
Sunglasses and driving. - 35 posts
Where should tax be paid UK or Spain ? - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x