Certificate of Non-Residence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2012 8:54 PM by cardy1 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello folks from a wet and windy N.Ireland, I received a letter from my bank ( bankinter ) today stating they would

have to apply by law for the above certificate to allow me to continue banking with them as a non resident.  The cost for this

certificate is 30 euro and as its a joint account with my wife its 30 euro for her as well, so a grand total of 60 euro, anyone

else on the end of this charge.

Cheers Norman

Murcia

Like 0      
23 Jul 2012 9:06 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Normal thing with the banks in Spain, I'm afraid.  However, the cost appears to be at the whim of the bank branch.  I had 3 non-res accounts at one time and paid different amounts at each one ranging from 20 to 28 euros.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2012 9:34 PM by cardy1 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for your reply been banking with Bankinter for nearly 8 years and have never been asked

to pay this before although we did make declarations which we were not charged for.   I suppose they

are looking for ways to charge more.

Norman

Like 0      
23 Jul 2012 10:11 PM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

Hi Norman,MY wife and I have also received  similar letters from Bankinter this morning.Have spoken with lawyer this afternoon and afraid no way out have to pay!!

Regards  Iain

Like 0      
23 Jul 2012 10:34 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, forgot to mention.  This is payable every 2 years.  They have also been cracking down and some people without the certificates have had their bank accounts frozen whilst they check on the residency status. However, we were paying them from at least 8 years ago and I seem to recall it was after the first 2 years were up when they first charged us.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2012 11:21 PM by cardy1 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies, guess I will just have to pay up.

Norman

Like 0      
29 Jul 2012 10:44 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi,

when we were non resident bankinter also charged

us for the certificate every 2 years.

so I changed my bank.

now do not need certificate as we are resident

in all our dealings with bankinter we found that they

were rip off merchants always taking money from our bank even

for money transfers from england into our spanish account

avoid them like the plague

only my personal opinion of them

coolyes

Like 0      
29 Jul 2012 11:39 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Mis-read the post of Formentera

Nevertheless, would just like to add that the charges referred to are normal banking practice in Spain and thus the criticism and slurs against the Bank are unjustified.    

It is 'unfortunate'  that people from other countries so often assume they know how our system works  (i.e. the way they would like it to be,  not the reality)

This message was last edited by elaineG on 29/07/2012.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2012 12:32 PM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

SLurrs against Bankinter are not necessarily unjustified as I know that other banks do charge but at a lesser reate than them.

Iain

Like 0      
29 Jul 2012 2:03 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Iain

"Slurs against Bankinter are not necessarily unjustified"

OK,   but I would say those who make allegations of ‘dishonesty’ against Spanish banks, when in fact the banks are acting fully within the banking laws OF SPAIN,  are  at the least  unaware that many things are different in one country from another, and that that does not (necessarily) make the other country wrong.

I have never paid any thing but a nominal payment (around 1 euro) for transfers from UK,  even for  transfers large enough to purchase a property, but then I investigated the rules  and then negotiated the charge.

Those who fail to acquaint themselves with the practices of another country  have no one to blame but themselves if they get unpleasant surprises.   (Ignorance is no defence).

Like 0      
29 Jul 2012 3:31 PM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

Elaineg,I totally agree.

Iain

Like 0      
29 Jul 2012 4:37 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Those who fail to acquaint themselves with the practices of another country  have no one to blame but themselves if they get unpleasant surprises.   (Ignorance is no defence).

I think that a lot of Eye on Spain readers have well acquainted themselves with the practices of Spain. The cost of acquaintance in many cases being their life savings.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2012 5:40 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I think that a lot of Eye on Spain readers have well acquainted themselves with the practices of Spain. The cost of acquaintance in many cases being their life savings.

OK Guy,  Sorry,  I did not actually say    ‘Before they make the mistakes ‘

Like 0      
31 Jul 2012 10:11 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Copied from another forum, you can get this certificate yourself and then take it into your bank.  Cost around 6.90 and takes around 5 days.

http://www.consultorga.com/section.asp?sec=13

http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/Inf ... os2/99.pdf

You can also get this in your own country at the Spanish Embassy
CUANDO EL EXTRANJERO QUE SOLICITE EL CERTIFICADO NO SE ENCUENTRE EN ESPAÑA, DEBERÁ SOLICITARLO A TRAVÉS DEL CONSULADO DE ESPAÑA EN SU PAÍS DE ORIGEN

I would think the documents to bring along in all cases would be your Passport and a copy of same and your original NIE number certificate.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

OH DEAR, SPAIN ASKING FOR FULL GOVERNMENT BAIL OUT - 1 posts
Driving license - 6 posts
a uk debt - 14 posts
We save people 40% - 60% on the cost of fuel guaranteed - 0 posts
Removal Van For Sale - 0 posts
RENAULT SCENIC 2004 FOR SALE - 1 posts
Advice required on mobile homes - please - 0 posts
Kerry's Kafe, Calahonda, Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Putting Irish children into school in Spain. - 2 posts
Driving back to calais - 7 posts
EU Citizen (UK) & none EU Citizen wife (Thai) coming permanently to Spain. - 10 posts
Sonora ELE Language Awareness: a new way lo learn Spanish online - 0 posts
poodles - 3 posts
Refridgerated vans - 3 posts
Using a UK Registered van for business in Spain - 15 posts
Healthcare Reform for ex pats - 10 posts
England to Spain with 3 cats and a dog - 0 posts
overun with ants - 14 posts
Purchasing adjacent property to extend house in Almeria area - 1 posts
furniture for sale in Murcia - 10 posts
My Technomate 5402HD satellite receiver needs repaired - 0 posts
ROCKETING STERLING. - 7 posts
A win for people power - 0 posts
Changing Name on NIE Number paper and Spanish Driving Licence - 1 posts
WORDS FROM THE NEW GOVERNOR OF THE BANK OF SPAIN... - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x