Changing Name on NIE Number paper and Spanish Driving Licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jul 2012 7:35 PM by louspain Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

I recently got married in Gibraltar and have changed my maiden name to my Husbands surname. I have changed the details on my passport but I need to change the rest of my documents. I am based in Estepona and wondered if anyone had any advice or help on how to go about changing the name on my NIE and also my Spanish driving licence without having to pay a gestoria! I am also pregnant and have 8 weeks till my baby is due so need to sort these documents asap as i imagine they will be needed to register my baby, if anyone has any advice on that also, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2012 7:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I would suggest that you go to the documentation office of the National Police in the area where you live (probably that was where you got your NIE) and tell them you are now married and wish to change the name.   When you have that then I would assume you then need to go Traffico with ypu new NIE/EU citizens registration cert and get your DL changed too.

Of course in Spain, Spanish nationals do not (cannot) change their name on marriage.   It is just a custom in UK , as there is no law which requires any change of name.

My wife decided to change her name when we married, she is Non EU. First, she changed her name of her passport and then when she renewed her Residencia, the passport name was put on the Residencia. NO problems arose

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WORDS FROM THE NEW GOVERNOR OF THE BANK OF SPAIN... - 2 posts
ITV & Tyres - 14 posts
embargo on my account - 2 posts
Golf Coach on board - 0 posts
The law regarding kids in front seats... - 6 posts
Reforms to health care for EU expats - - 3 posts
New join - 1 posts
COSTAS PROPERTY SHARKS ON THE PROWL - 11 posts
Graphic/Web Designer looking for room in/near villamartin *PLEASE READ* - 0 posts
A little light relief - 0 posts
New freephone number for Endesa - 5 posts
New satellite channel receivable UK TV Costa Blanca - 4seven - 0 posts
Recommended Structural Surveyor near Estepona/ Marbella/ Gibraltar - 11 posts
How should I play this? - 3 posts
Agricultural Water - 3 posts
Spain needs reform NOW - 93 posts
Latest info re EU Citizen Registration (formerly Residencia) - 17 posts
Travel to Malaysia - 2 posts
Swimming Pool Security Problem - 2 posts
Plumber/DIY person wanted around Quesada area - 0 posts
GOOD NEWS FOLKS - 3 posts
ENDESA - ELECTRICTY DISCONNECTED - 14 posts
WONDERFUL - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia region - 0 posts
Jet 2 NEMA to Murcia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x