Putting Irish children into school in Spain.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2012 10:41 AM by jester Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello,

Can anybody help,  We are moving to spain for about 8 months in December 2012 and would like to put our four children

into school there.  Can anybody advise how difficult  this would be and what we need to do, we are very anxious that we will all speak spanish by the end of our time there.  No final decision has been make on where we are moving to yet but it will be somewhere in Southern Spain and hopefully a large town or city were they will meet lots of spanish children. They are all in primary school here in Ireland.

I would be delighted if any of you have any ideas or thoughts on our plan.

Looking forward to hearing from you.  

Thanking you

Jester

Like 0      
26 Jul 2012 3:19 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Hi Jester,

We brought our son when he was 10 three years ago and there was no problem getting in to the local school. He learned Spanish very quickly. If you pick up accents quickly that is great. HOWEVER the system is different in many ways. Homework, even holiday stuff, is part of it.

Regions vary but where we are in Murcia, pupils can be asked to repeat a year. In secondary if they do not pass 7 out of the 9 subjects.there are set days for resits early September and there is no choice in that they have to study in the Summer. Any of the 2 subjects still failed have to be 'carried' and taken again.

Best wishes as you plan. If you can support yourselves financially and not expect to find work here that is great. Otherwise think again before you come as so many of our friends and neighbours have had to return some with bank repossessions. Everyone would advise you to rent property of which there are many.,

Daveil

Like 0      
26 Jul 2012 3:35 PM by jester Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Daveil,

Thank you so much, it was so exciting to hear by email I had received a reply!

No we dont need to work, my husband will be bringing work with him,  The trip is mainly for the children to learn spanish and as I said for us too to learn the language. 

Do you need to organise the school or any paperwork for the school before you arrive or can you do so out there? They realistically will only be in school for a couple of months in Spain.

We would love to rent in a spanish village possibly  near the Sierra Nevada/Granada where the kids would play in the evening with other spanish children. Having been out there for some time would you have any ideas?  

At the moment I'm looking at a village outside Granada called Alfacar,  anybody know anything about this village or got any advise or ideas.

Thanks again Daveil, best of luck to you and your family

Jester

This message was last edited by jester on 27/07/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving back to calais - 7 posts
EU Citizen (UK) & none EU Citizen wife (Thai) coming permanently to Spain. - 10 posts
Sonora ELE Language Awareness: a new way lo learn Spanish online - 0 posts
poodles - 3 posts
Refridgerated vans - 3 posts
Using a UK Registered van for business in Spain - 15 posts
Healthcare Reform for ex pats - 10 posts
England to Spain with 3 cats and a dog - 0 posts
overun with ants - 14 posts
Purchasing adjacent property to extend house in Almeria area - 1 posts
furniture for sale in Murcia - 10 posts
My Technomate 5402HD satellite receiver needs repaired - 0 posts
ROCKETING STERLING. - 7 posts
A win for people power - 0 posts
Changing Name on NIE Number paper and Spanish Driving Licence - 1 posts
WORDS FROM THE NEW GOVERNOR OF THE BANK OF SPAIN... - 2 posts
ITV & Tyres - 14 posts
embargo on my account - 2 posts
Golf Coach on board - 0 posts
The law regarding kids in front seats... - 6 posts
Reforms to health care for EU expats - - 3 posts
New join - 1 posts
COSTAS PROPERTY SHARKS ON THE PROWL - 11 posts
Graphic/Web Designer looking for room in/near villamartin *PLEASE READ* - 0 posts
A little light relief - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x