Have you seen the UK news

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Aug 2011 8:01 PM by REIDPJ Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

Plus, someone has to 'keep the light shining at the end of the tunnel' for all you ex pats who, in your dotage, would like to return to the UK to be closer to your families

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 8:04 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Well said!!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 8:07 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Yes!  Agreed.

And Abb home is indeed where the heart is.

Patricia

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 8:22 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

Well  REIDPJ

We see more of our familiess out here than ever in the UK

They love it so much we cant keep them away'

And more like a cesspit at the UK end of the tunnel.

J

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 8:46 PM by REIDPJ Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

Don't panic Jani2003, you're not missed over here in the pozo

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 9:00 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

love how it always turns into sniping

lets agree that some people like the uk and some people like spain or love to hate spain.

and thats sorted.

we can get back onto the subject of the UK Freedom Fighters

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 9:13 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Sniping?  Freedom Fighters! LOL.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 10:27 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Honestly, I think everyone has missed the point...

This kind of behaviour from the youth of today cannot, and will not be tolerated, in the UK, Spain or anywhere else in the world whereby freedoms are not curtailed!

What we are seeing in the UK right now is out and out wanton vandalism, thuggery at its worst!

It must be stopped!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 10:33 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Techno:

No, I am not missing the point (I rarely do!) LOL

"Have you seen the UK news"?  (t says at top of thread.

I fully agree that vandalism and thuggery cannot and should not be tolerated from those who perpetrate it, whether young, old or middle-aged.  The youth of today includes many many young people who are neither thugs nor vandals.

These T.V. pictures are going around the world 24/7, and one can only hope the authorities will get matters under control SOON!

Patricia

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 10:57 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

thuggery my arse.

its just children playing and letting off steam.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 11:25 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It is awful what is happening in England at the moment and incredibly scary.

I thought the riots in Madrid were bad until this started happening.

Let's hope it does calm down pretty soon.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 11:37 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Over 1,000 people have been arrested so far!  I just hope that there are enough jail places!  The people who lit fires should be charged with attempted murder - and not just theft - as many lives were put in danger.  The courts are working through the night until the back-logs disappear and there have been raids to seize looted items.  The first man to go through the court system was a teaching assistant at a primary school - obviously a good role model! 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 11:45 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

I believe that it is a  truism that even in UK August is often HOT and steamy. This makes people easily aggravated. Those who have seen their lives vandalised by the UK ConDemed "government" through various means (too many to enumerate here at this time of night) and whose opportunities are poor, will refuse to simply fall down in the gutter and perish at the behest of those with good jobs, good homes, plenty of food and possessions. When an event is perpetrated against "one of their own" - ie shot with no justification by a member of the uncontrolled police (contrary to police claims, it has been found that the gun in the car had not been fired, further the bullet lodged in the police equipment is of police issue) - such deprived persons will take whatever opportunity they can to respond in the most effective way they know. The wanton murder was the flashpoint. We have seen it before and we will see it again unless mindsets are changed on all sides.

Yes it is deplorable. No we don't want it to happen. Then let the "powers that be" make real efforts to alleviate the pains being suffered by the "subclass" ,as the Telegraph and other RWP would describe them, and let thought be given to how the "decent people" might be relieved from such dire events. The way things are going, ceratinly in the UK and elsewhere too, the "subclass" will grow but the rich and powerful will not listen. Beware!

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 11:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, I saw that about the teaching assistant!  I hope he has been fired from his job, kids can really do without that sort of role model.

As always in life though, it's always the few that ruin it for the majority.  I sincerely hope that justice is served for all the criminal acts that have gone on.  There really is no need for it.  If they want to ruin their own lives then go ahead, but ruining those of other people for no reason whatsoever, well, that's just not acceptable in a modern society.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 11:57 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

I have a Niece and Nephew in the Met!   My Nephew was called in to work with the riot squad did a 24 hour shift  went home for some sleep, three hours later was called back again and did another 24 hour shift. How ridiculous is that!!  They are only 24 and 26.

My niece did a 24 hour shift as well it is so worrying.

Just hope it is calming down a bit now.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 1:11 AM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

I agree entirely with what you say, Justin. 

"If they want to ruin their own lives then go ahead, but ruining those of other people for no reason whatsoever, well, that's just not acceptable in a modern society."

Pat and Roy:

I hope your young relatives are safe and well. 

The police have a very difficult job, and are damned if they do and damned if they don't!!

Patricia

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 3:25 AM by Jon07 Star rating in Sydney. 84 posts Send private message

That pretty well sums it up - although I suggest few people would damn them if they take assertive measures !

Jon

"The police have a very difficult job, and are damned if they do and damned if they don't!!"

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Afghan Heroes Dinner and Ball - 0 posts
Mercedes SLK 230 Car Swop or Sale - 2 posts
new business - 0 posts
Wind! - 6 posts
Hi, I'm Daniel. I need some help with fitting out our summer Villa in Torrevieja, - 6 posts
Is it obligatory in Spain to have house insurance for tenants??? - 4 posts
What's happened to Richie Allen from Talk Radio Europe - 6 posts
Airport ground staff strike action 18th & 26th August. - 16 posts
Can anyone help me please no deeds for 7 years. - 5 posts
Spaced Out! - 9 posts
English Speaking Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Whats the effects in Laymans terms for Holiday Home owners if it all goes Pete Tong? - 1 posts
Positive news for Santander customers in difficulty - 0 posts
DRIVING WITH 5 DOGS FROM UK TO SPAIN - 12 posts
The Phantom Properties for Long Term Rent - 4 posts
problem with apartment electric oven - 9 posts
Hi to all! - 9 posts
USA Downgraded from AAA to AA Debt Rating! - 2 posts
QUAD HOUSES - 27 posts
Tenant Rights - Landlord Withholding deposit - 6 posts
DKV Health Cover Plan? - 1 posts
General moving to Spain advice (Polaris??) - 9 posts
The Trouble With Banking. - 0 posts
Barbeques - 12 posts
van hire - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x