Can anyone help me please no deeds for 7 years.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by masavictim Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone my name is Michael Roberts and I bought a Rosa villa from Masa in 2003,this was when I paid the 10% deposit,I completed in July 2004 and was told my deeds would take a few months to come through,well I have been waiting for 7 years now,I have tried several Spanish solicitors,pleaded with Masa all to no avail.Still do not know if my villa which is on the dreaded Camposol urbanisation,about 6000 villas now,is legal,Mazarron Town Council are not very helpful either.Many people on Camposol did get their deeds over the years and some very quickly,my neighbours mostly all got theirs,this is why I cannot understand why I did not,as I have sais I have tried all avenues for over 7 years now and have lost several chances to sell the villa all because of the lack of title deeds.Can any of you give me any advice or hope or anything as I am at my wits end here,oh by the way I am living back in England now but do visit my villa occasionally,help please some of you must know what I can do.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2011 5:44 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Don't know the background but did completion take place before a notary?

If so why not just go to notary and get a copy of deeds?

Are you detailed as being the owner on the property registry?

Like 0      
08 Aug 2011 8:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You don't need title deeds to sell your property - only proof you are the owner. Are you the owner? Do you have anything? Do you pay rates (IBI / SUMA)? You must have something with a catastral reference number; if so, you can obtain a simple version of your deed very easily.

Have a look at this new site, provided by the Spanish land registry in English. https://buyingahouse.registradores.org/ It may be helpful.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Aug 2011 11:36 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi Michael
You may find that Masa, Mortgaged the land your property stands on to the bank.
Until the bank have been paid. They will hold the deeds.

This route may be worth pursuing.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2011 1:11 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Sounds like you need to go to property registry and request a nota simple for your property to clarify who is the registered owner and if the property is still mortgaged!

It's also possible to do so online but you will need some basic details.

It sounds like you don't know if completion ever really took place and that you ended up with good (mortgage free) title to your property.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2011 8:41 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I would need to see the contract you signed in order to see who you need to approach in order to have title deeds finally provided to you.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spaced Out! - 9 posts
English Speaking Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Whats the effects in Laymans terms for Holiday Home owners if it all goes Pete Tong? - 1 posts
Positive news for Santander customers in difficulty - 0 posts
DRIVING WITH 5 DOGS FROM UK TO SPAIN - 12 posts
The Phantom Properties for Long Term Rent - 4 posts
problem with apartment electric oven - 9 posts
Hi to all! - 9 posts
USA Downgraded from AAA to AA Debt Rating! - 2 posts
QUAD HOUSES - 27 posts
Tenant Rights - Landlord Withholding deposit - 6 posts
DKV Health Cover Plan? - 1 posts
General moving to Spain advice (Polaris??) - 9 posts
The Trouble With Banking. - 0 posts
Barbeques - 12 posts
van hire - 1 posts
rally clups - 0 posts
Playstation 2 and games for sale, offers - 0 posts
taking my van to costa blanca murcia - 4 posts
Wanted: man with van, to help move 13m3, alhama to baza - 2 posts
second hand furneture - 2 posts
Acercarte in Duquesa Castle - 0 posts
Tenants not paying rent - 32 posts
Lorca: advice please on what to see and where to eat - 0 posts
Looking for a sail - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x