Wind!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I am trying to decide between Marbella area and Torre Pacheco for my 5 month winter stay.

According to the statistics I found, there is less rainfall in Torre Pacheco, but it is a degree or 2 warmer in Marbella.

However, I have just read that Torre Pacheco is famous for it's windmills! Having taken a holiday in the Vendee and only then realising why it had a famous kite festival (lots of wind), I thought it might be an idea to see if anyone knows if it is very windy there, and if it gets uncomfortably windy in the winter months.

Any advice gratefully received :o)

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 12:12 AM by arroyoarry Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi I'm in Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol about 20 miles from Marbella but I have a friend in Los Alcazares (next to Torre Pacheco) and I'd say, from my regular visits up to him that the opposite applies. I understand that the Costa del Sol was orginally called Costa Vente or windy coast. The winds can be quite severe down on the CDS but I always find the weather a little better up in Murcia. Couple that with the fact that the Murcia coast is protected from westerlies for both wind and rain I'd opt for Murcia on the weather front.

However, and having said that, the Torre Pecheco area always seems very, very quiet in the winter whereas on the CDS there are more bars/restaurants etc open and it seems a little more 'all year round'.

Good luck and enjoy whichever you choose.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 12:12 AM by arroyoarry Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi I'm in Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol about 20 miles from Marbella but I have a friend in Los Alcazares (next to Torre Pacheco) and I'd say, from my regular visits up to him that the opposite applies. I understand that the Costa del Sol was orginally called Costa Vente or windy coast. The winds can be quite severe down on the CDS but I always find the weather a little better up in Murcia. Couple that with the fact that the Murcia coast is protected from westerlies for both wind and rain I'd opt for Murcia on the weather front.

However, and having said that, the Torre Pecheco area always seems very, very quiet in the winter whereas on the CDS there are more bars/restaurants etc open and it seems a little more 'all year round'.

Good luck and enjoy whichever you choose.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 12:31 AM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply :o) Plenty of food for thought. 

I am really confused at the mo as I am tempted by the facilities of CDS but also tempted by the nicer properties available for the price at La Torre. I suppose it could be a case of you get what you pay for ???

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 10:35 AM by DavyD Star rating in Livingston, Scotland. 11 posts Send private message

Or - having read these forums for a while - it could be a case of " Anywhere in Spain - You don't get what you pay for !!"

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 10:42 AM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Lol.

It is a bit scary not being able to check out the accommodation before we arrive!

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 2:16 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

If its in costa del sol i can go and have a look for you.

Not saying i will go too far out of my way but if its within `can be bothered to go` distance i am happy to check out it

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi, I'm Daniel. I need some help with fitting out our summer Villa in Torrevieja, - 6 posts
Is it obligatory in Spain to have house insurance for tenants??? - 4 posts
What's happened to Richie Allen from Talk Radio Europe - 6 posts
Airport ground staff strike action 18th & 26th August. - 16 posts
Can anyone help me please no deeds for 7 years. - 5 posts
Spaced Out! - 9 posts
English Speaking Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Whats the effects in Laymans terms for Holiday Home owners if it all goes Pete Tong? - 1 posts
Positive news for Santander customers in difficulty - 0 posts
DRIVING WITH 5 DOGS FROM UK TO SPAIN - 12 posts
The Phantom Properties for Long Term Rent - 4 posts
problem with apartment electric oven - 9 posts
Hi to all! - 9 posts
USA Downgraded from AAA to AA Debt Rating! - 2 posts
QUAD HOUSES - 27 posts
Tenant Rights - Landlord Withholding deposit - 6 posts
DKV Health Cover Plan? - 1 posts
General moving to Spain advice (Polaris??) - 9 posts
The Trouble With Banking. - 0 posts
Barbeques - 12 posts
van hire - 1 posts
rally clups - 0 posts
Playstation 2 and games for sale, offers - 0 posts
taking my van to costa blanca murcia - 4 posts
Wanted: man with van, to help move 13m3, alhama to baza - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x