Hi, I'm Daniel. I need some help with fitting out our summer Villa in Torrevieja,

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by DanielMorton-Moul Star rating in Torrevieja and Essex. 1 posts Send private message

DanielMorton-Moul´s avatar

Hello forum, 

Me and my wife and our teenage daughter have just bought a summer Villa in Torrevieja, the south end, and it's very scarcley furnished. We need somewhere to buy furniture for the house. Patio bits, chairs, table, parasol, etc. We need one double mattress, some bits and bobs for the kitchen (Cutlery, glasses, plates... blah blah blah.) and living room (A rug and some cushions for the sofa) Then a replacement lamp, because it jumped onto the floor by itself.  We've had a look around some of the spanish places and even an english run establishment, and picked up a few things but we're still short and our budget isn't huge. Looking forward to your advice,

Daniel M-M

Like 0      
09 Aug 2011 4:51 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

You aren't  too far from Ikea in Murcia , you will get everything you need there and it is cheaper than the UK Ikea. Just don't go on a Saturday, the world and his wife are there ! There are companies who will deliver for you too.

www.ikea.com

The hypermarkets also sell mattresses etc but  I think they are pricey. Avoid household goods here, a Pyrex jug was 9 euros ! I got one ( not branded) in the Chinese bazaar for 1 euro. If there are any Chinese bazaars nearby they are very good for household stuff and exceptionally cheap.

For bits and bobs you can't beat Casa, there is one in Torrevieja. The prices are low and they do great co-ordinated ranges so you can accesorise your home nicely and quite cheaply.

www.casashops.com

Torrevieja
Avda de las Cortes Valencianas s/n
Manzana A, nave 5
P.I. Casagrande II
03183 TORREVIEJA

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 6:41 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Have a look in Ardy's for lighting, Just down from Carrefour.  You can see the Ardy's sign high above the houses and to get to it you need to turn just after the Carrefour roundabout as though you were going into McDonalds.  Follow the slip road and take the right hand fork, the entrance to Ardy's is further down on the left.

Cheapest place I've found for lighting in the area, I've bought a mother and baby standard lamps in there for 16e (one large lamp and a smaller reading lamp which can be adjusted).

If you have the time look in the second hand shops, there are quite a few around.  Not sure where you are based but there's one by the Park of Nations called Rincon Crisis which may have what you're looking for.  Can't find the exact address but if you park near the park and walk along you should find it.

In Torrevieja Ramon Galud, there are 3 todo shops close to the Church square where you can pick up bargains for the house.

I'd also join the forums dedicated to Torrevieja as they have sections for items for sale, you might find patio furniture there.  If you're not in a hurry you can kit the house out with the basics and buy the rest later.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 10:24 AM by zzup Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Avoid the chinos at all costs! There is a second hand shop I think called new2U near where you are which is different than in the UK as the items here are from holiday villas which dont have much stick.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 3:21 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I looked in New2U recently and I didn't think much of the items in there or the prices.  I'd also avoid Tony Ellis for that reason as well.

The todo shops are OK for everyday items, cushions, vases and kitchenalia.  For larger items second hand shops and private ads on local forums.

Also don't forget to buy candles for the power cuts. 

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 3:46 PM by zzup Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Never buy anything electrical from the chinos, we brought a power adapter from there and luckily we were in when we used it, it set on fire! I have also brought hair clippers that did not cut, extension leads which failed etc etc. stay away!

Like 0      
19 Aug 2011 4:39 PM by zzup Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it obligatory in Spain to have house insurance for tenants??? - 4 posts
What's happened to Richie Allen from Talk Radio Europe - 6 posts
Airport ground staff strike action 18th & 26th August. - 16 posts
Can anyone help me please no deeds for 7 years. - 5 posts
Spaced Out! - 9 posts
English Speaking Spanish Lawyer - 1 posts
Whats the effects in Laymans terms for Holiday Home owners if it all goes Pete Tong? - 1 posts
Positive news for Santander customers in difficulty - 0 posts
DRIVING WITH 5 DOGS FROM UK TO SPAIN - 12 posts
The Phantom Properties for Long Term Rent - 4 posts
problem with apartment electric oven - 9 posts
Hi to all! - 9 posts
USA Downgraded from AAA to AA Debt Rating! - 2 posts
QUAD HOUSES - 27 posts
Tenant Rights - Landlord Withholding deposit - 6 posts
DKV Health Cover Plan? - 1 posts
General moving to Spain advice (Polaris??) - 9 posts
The Trouble With Banking. - 0 posts
Barbeques - 12 posts
van hire - 1 posts
rally clups - 0 posts
Playstation 2 and games for sale, offers - 0 posts
taking my van to costa blanca murcia - 4 posts
Wanted: man with van, to help move 13m3, alhama to baza - 2 posts
second hand furneture - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x