sick of england

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2011 7:56 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

omg i cannot believe how many people get a laugh out of other peoples misfortunes

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 7:58 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Why is this in the classified adds? Selling a story perhaps?

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 8:15 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

no i am not selling a story this was the first time on here and was,nt sure which site to use for information but who cares it just goes to show what people think of others misfortunes

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 8:40 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Time to end this thread, Bowman1, you should do what you think is right  for you and your family. It is hard to live here, but is that not the same in any country, I think he with out sin cast the first stone. and before any one has a go at spelling and grammer, Went to the school of life, so do not give a sh..t, Thats why im still here in Spain after 9 years and most are gone or going home.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 9:17 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Bowman

For oft, when on my couch I lie In vacant or in pensive mood they flash upon that inward eye which is the bliss of solitude and then my heart with pleasure fills and dances with the daffodils

ADIOS

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 9:45 PM by johnwspooner Star rating in Sucina, Murcia and N.... 14 posts Send private message

johnwspooner´s avatar

Ann,

Your posts are obviously a wind up but i am going to go with the flow as i find them very entertaining .................(you are not Norman Sands by nom de plume by any chance are you ?).

So, you come to Spain with no where to live, no job, a disabled husband, a grandchild still at school, no "benefits" to be had in Spain from the social that you can claim for, and you are suffering from a disabling condition that may get better in the sun !!! 

So then basically, like you have mentioned before in your posts, you are basically becoming an economic migrant. The same economic migrant that you have ranted about that have destroyed the UK.

What kind of "work" do you think you can possibly do better than a Spaniard, Pole, Ukranian, Morroccan, Tunisian, Libyan, Romanian, or Bulgarian can do ?

How much do you get in "benefits" in UK at the moment ? or is that a touchy question ? Yes, i agree if you are disabled then you have "Entitlements" whatever that means ????? but how much do you think the Spaniard's, Pole's, Ukranian's, Morroccan's, Tunisian's, Libyan's, Romanian's, or Bulgarian's etc......get out here ?

Get real, get a job, and get a life !

I am 61 years of age and still working as hard as ever, I am in Syria working at the moment (and its kicking off big time), before that i was in Libya and that kicked off, before that i was in Egypt and that kicked off,  Yes my bones ache, Yes i feel pain, Yes it is hard getting out of bed in the morning, Yes it  gauls me to see migrants taking all the jobs in UK , Yes i should have saved more when i was younger, Yes i shouldn't have pizzed it up against the wall when i was younger, Yes i should have taken more interest in my education when i was younger,  Yes i should have taken more care of my body - Rugby took its toll but i do not regret one minute of my formative years, and finally, Yes i wish i knew then what i know now ( we all like that one don't we !!!).

But...., i have a home in UK that my wife and i have paid for and is mortgage free, We also have a home in Spain that is also ours and mortgage free. Hard work got me what i have today and this will be my legacy for my children and grandchildren. As long as i can possibly work i will, i realise ill health may become an obstacle as i get older, but until it happens i will NOT become a slave or victim to the insiduous response "I am over fifty- so i am old - i am over the hill - i cannot work any more - i am in pain so i am disabled -i do not like working with younger people - i am too fat to work - i am too ill to work - i have worked long enough now i need state benefits -   i am entitled to this - i am entitled to that - blah blah blah.

I can only repeat, get real, get a job and get a life !

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 12:46 AM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

well i must say i really found this site quite interesting i was writing this on behalf of a dear friend of mine to see what other people,s view,s are about people who have fell on hard times ................ yes it was a true story and the person in question had a very hard life bringing her 12 brothers and sisters up and then her grankids........... she and her hubby did work very hard struggling on a very poor estate in england and yes they wanted something better in life but it never happened because the more they worked to pay for thing,s it never got any easier ............. yes they did fall on hard times but never once complained because of the love they showed to everyone around them and yes they are both ill now but it just goe,s to show what people really think of them less unfortanate than themself,s and yes they struggle but still have a nice word for alot of people who don,t judge them for what they missed out on but i passed on all your veiw,s and comment,s and she merely said to me nothing much as changed in the world then as she discovered when she lost her house and had to start out in life with nothing but the clothes on her back due to the a...sole,s who smashed her house up and forced them out of it with gun,s and yes the police did just sit back and do nothing but it got alot of reaction from some very small minded people so now i might just finish writing my book and maybe one day her grankids can look back on this and say what as this world really come to  goodbye............adios..........amigo,s DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE ................................

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 12:51 AM by roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

roberto´s avatar
Before you go, PLEASE tell us where we can buy your book. This just gets better and better!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 1:09 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Just to let you know Bowman the News of the World has stopped buying stories like yours

He He
This has been a classic post and its funny justin never responded once mmmmmm

This message was last edited by rod on 17/07/2011. Jk rowling eat your heart out

This message was last edited by rod on 17/07/2011.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 1:51 AM by *rach* Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Just have to say Bowman1 ..If I was your copy editor for your so called 'book' I would be laughing all the way to the bank...you would keep me going for ever..  Happy writing :-)  Thanks for the giggles for the last few days 

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 3:12 AM by dennis_partridge Star rating in UK now but ten years.... 9 posts Send private message

Sad to see it end in a way.  But I think the smart money has to be on rags to riches millionaire bigwilly and rags to rags impoverished bowman being one and the same person and that person having an awful lot of spare time on their hands. 

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 8:04 AM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

"Bowman" - its hard to believe that ANYTHING you have written has been legitimate (about yourself or 'your friend'). As for writing a book, what a load of rubbish! Needless to say, this whole thread has been entertaining - and thats more about other people's comments / contributions than your own, to be honest.

What's your next thread going to be about, and what name will you use next time, pray tell? 

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 9:26 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Awwwww so gunna miss this!

So many lies/contradictions soooooo entertaining lol

Ah well perhaps 'bowman1' will pop up in another guise who will spot them first? lol

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 10:16 AM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

PS to Bowman ..... if you write this book (!!!!!), we all want some of the royalties if you quote us

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 11:30 AM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the entertainment. It has been the best hour I have spent reading whilst waiting for my flight to UK (technical delay).

This was the best thread in awhile -- maybe dreamed-up by EoS to increase traffic to the site!!

Thinking about some of the content, it makes you think what will happen when benefits are reduced.

It also illustrates that the UK has and continues to migrate towards a knowledge based economy and those at school and Uni need to choose their subjects carefully -- no shortage of jobs for engineers, scientists maths graduates and the like.

Thanks again for the entertainment - not sure sending abusive PM's added to the content.

Regards,

David

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 12:21 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

the book could be called  the uk  waltons. some saga this has been

Like 0      
18 Jul 2011 9:58 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Re camille: 'So many lies/contradictions' ... and thats just the benefits claims

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 6:57 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

having read all that my sides hurt, i wanted to come and work in spain to ease my joint pain as i am a ceramic tiler i thought it would be the perfect place.Due to the collapse of the industry in spain decided against it so now i go to work every day on pain killers and anti inflamatories and have for the last 3 years so bowman if you are reading this get a job in an office answering the phone. my daughter trained for 2 years as a hairdresser  but has collasped arches so is in constant pain,she has just landed herself a 20k a year job in an office as a will writer.aches and pains are part of life get on with it or do us all a favour and leave the gas on when you go to bed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

selling our restaurant - 0 posts
not wanting to pay commisions - 4 posts
Selling Opportunities - 0 posts
property - 1 posts
NEED A GOOD RENTAL AGENT IN MIJAS COSTA - 6 posts
Algorfa,Costa Blanca School - 0 posts
holiday in malaga august 2011 - 2 posts
Starting new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras in Malaga Area - 10 posts
illegal homes in spain 4 - 0 posts
EX16 now EX19 Fee increases - 0 posts
Andalucia, Increases in water charges. - 0 posts
Problems with SKY+ - 4 posts
HiFX to charge - 17 posts
Objection to AGM Minutes - 3 posts
Cheap 7 Seater for sale in Murcia - No more car rental - 0 posts
COURT CASE VICTORY - 11 posts
restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts
Anyone Living Around Benahavis or in Los Arqueros, La Quinta etc Resorts ?? - 3 posts
Insurance for UK property when in Spain - 9 posts
thinking of moving!! - 0 posts
La Siesta, Denia - insolvent developer and bank! - 0 posts
The Wok in La Cala - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 118

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x