COURT CASE VICTORY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by abbeydale Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

To everyone who may be in doubt about whether to continue with legal action against developers and banks.

We have just won our 2 cases in the Spanish courts against the developers. This has taken 2 years

to get to this point, but now it is well worth it. I have to pass on my sincere thanks to Maria del Castro

and all her team at CostaLuz Lawyers. We will be going out to Spain very soon to celebrate.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2011 12:30 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done Abbeydale, 

That is great news, nice to know there is some justice.  Enjoy your celebration!!!!!!

Well done Maria and Team.

Patricia

Like 0      
12 Jul 2011 12:33 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Excellent news Abbeydale and well done to María and the Costa Luz team.

Enjoy the celebrations!

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
12 Jul 2011 2:31 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Abbeydale!

Kindest,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
13 Jul 2011 9:15 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Abbeydale, have you received recompense from your win?

Congratulations by the way!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 12:25 AM by stephensteve Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Great news that you won your case,

we won ours back in January 2011 but the developer has appealed after us agreeing to an offer!!!

Still no money in the bank,

Hope your cash is in the bank now or soon...x

cheers

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 10:25 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Yeah, let us all know when the cheque clears. Good luck.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 3:06 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Great news ! It is always good to hear that justice has been done.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 4:06 PM by M11block Star rating. 179 posts Send private message

Hi Abbeydale, congratulations on your win and to Maria and her team.  I hope all goes well and your money is soon in your bank account.  However, we thought we were celebrating our win when our court case was won, deposit, interest, legal fees, but the builder refused to pay, so our solicitor went back to court to seize their bank accounts, won again, but this time bank refused to pay as they said they had first claim to identified account.  I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you, I really do, I would hate to see anyone else suffer the roller coast ride we have had, you win .... you don't win ... you win ...... you don't win, the bank, developer and builder have won.

Good Luck, shout it out when you do and give us all some scrap of hope that one day we will see our monies returned.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 5:26 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Sorry to put a dampener on this news but this is all too common a problem following successful first instance rulings.

There appears to be a major problem of systemic failure to enforce judgements within the Spanish Justice System, thereby denying recompense. It is an absolute disgrace that there are no timescale constraints in place to ensure that judgements are enforced in a timely manner in Spain. At present it appears that delays can be indefinite delays.

I would now request that all those awaiting resolution to appeals following successful first instance rulings ask their lawyers

·        how many of their clients have actually received monies back as per their successful judgements?,

·        how many of their clients are awaiting resolution to appeals, and if possible, identify how long they been waiting since their first instance judgement, and to please report back?.

Also report back if their legal professionals refuse to provide these statistics.

If anyone has received their monies back could they also please identify this. We need to ensure greater transparency from the Spanish legal professionals so as to identify the magnitude of this problem.

Maria would you be willing to identify your own statistics please?

I will start the ball rolling, we have been waiting since April 2008 and still have no resolution to the developer's appeal.

Please can everyone concerned document their details on Ruth and Keith's petition if they haven't done so already, specifying how long they have been waiting since their successful first instance ruling.

Thank you.

Ruth’s petition:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-spanish-property-roadshow-open-letter-to-davi.html

Keith’s petition:

http://www.bankguaranteesinspain.com/

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 8:54 PM by M11block Star rating. 179 posts Send private message

Hi Ads

No I don't think we should put a dampener on this case, that wasn't my intention.  I simply wanted to say that it is very frustrating and upsetting when you think you have the money and suddenly your hopes are dashed. It feels even worse than waiting for the judgment especially when you are waiting to see the money in your account and then you are told the developer and banks won't release it.  I know those of us including yourself who are victims of the justice system have logged this in various petitions and on various threads so I don't really want to put a negative dead end to this one.

But to Abbeydale - please just don't celebrate until you see the money in your bank and good luck hoping that this will happen soon.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 9:11 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Good luck to Abbeydale, I sincerely hope that the monies are returned without too much delay, but without a system in place to ensure that, you are correct to forewarn them, and in the meantime we all have to work hard to ensure that we remove the lottery element from the equation.

Please keep us all posted.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts
Anyone Living Around Benahavis or in Los Arqueros, La Quinta etc Resorts ?? - 3 posts
Insurance for UK property when in Spain - 9 posts
thinking of moving!! - 0 posts
La Siesta, Denia - insolvent developer and bank! - 0 posts
The Wok in La Cala - 5 posts
How can one find the Identity of a person from their NIE - 4 posts
what to do in valencia - 7 posts
Trying to get my deposit back!!! - 6 posts
What to do in and around Vera - 1 posts
Legal tip 552. Case Law on Banks liability when NO Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Is Europe risponsable of my losts? - 0 posts
(Video) Coca Cola Around the World (Bunol and Pamplona too!!) - 2 posts
illegal homes in Spain 3 - 0 posts
Looking for tools - 9 posts
Persistant Kitchen Fruit Flies - 2 posts
Salina Sands - 0 posts
How can so many solicitors get it wrong?? - 3 posts
Citibank Euro Account - 2 posts
Plumbing Issues - 0 posts
We are going to take early retirement to Sunny Spain - 14 posts
illegal homes in spain 2 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x