sick of england

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2011 3:01 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Unemployment benefit for max of 2 years depending on how long you have paid into the system, after that nada, or if you know different Bigwilly I would be very interested to know the details.  thanks

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:06 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

chaddyowl stop ranting at me i am no waster love if you have a problem pick on the millions who have not worked a day in there   lives and think it,s ok for there kids to do the same my kids not roaming the streets causing hassle they are sat at home studying for a better life not wasting time sat on there backsides like alot of others do

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:13 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

hi again would like to thank those who now understand what i am getting at but i was hoping i would not need the benefit system to get by i want to go back to work and start paying back into the system but i am still waiting on the outcome of my doctors reports to see if surgery can be brought forward to do my hips/knees/and spine friend ended up in a wheelchair after her spine hop and can no longer work i don,t want to end up same way so until everything sorted out i will just have to wait on the outcome

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:34 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Bowman1 the only person who has been nasty in this thread is yourself!

It is very difficult to take you seriously as your 'story' makes no sense to me

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:46 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

if you don,t like what i said please don,t reply as you seem to think i am nasty myself i replied with a nasty attitude to people who slagged me off thinking i wanted to cheat the benefit system i am not a waster like someone else put but due to unforeseen illnesses i have been accused of not doing my bit for this country tell me how many more have just come here and taken my taxes plus everything else people moan about i for one did work as stated before now ill health which affects us all in life sooner or later do not moan if they worked and paid there way but had to stop working due to changes in there lives i was,nt aware that i would end up this way i thought for one i would still be working till i was fit to drop and enjoy my retirement but now that,s not to be but i am not asking you to help me out i have done that myself with the taxes and nat ins i paid for years

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 4:07 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

14 Jul 2011 5:26 PM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

just out of interest have you ever added up the amount of money that you paid in to the system against what you have been paid  in benefits, including family allowance and family credits? I was shocked when my husband did this the other day and told me that in the 7 years since I retired I have been paid £40,000 in retirement pension from the UK government. I did work for 45 years and even paid a full stamp when  I could have paid a 4p married womans stamp but still I am not entitled to winter fuel allowance as I moved to Spain before the September when I could apply for it.  However as you say, others that have never paid will be fortunate enough to claim it. Do I take it that if you don't move to Spain then you will still look for work in the UK or do you think that you can only work in the sun?

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 5:33 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Hmmm, I'm not convinced the original and subsequent threads from you, Ann / Bowman1, are legitimate (sorry) ... but for now, I will assume they are.

I think it's no wonder, Ann, that you have received some negative responses to your posts, particularly in terms of the fact that you say you can't work in UK but could work in Spain. This is a contradiction in terms.

You say 'my doctor said that the sun would help me work longer if i could support myself', but just to clarify .... you aren't working NOW, are you?  It seems you haven't worked for a number of years either (so what's this 'work longer' point all about?). If you are looking for general house cleaning type work in Spain, you could do the same in UK. But there again, if your physical health is genuinely poor, it's unlikely that such work would be ideal / do-able for you in Spain, irrespective of the better weather in Spain.

Going back to an earlier post of mine and those of others, you will need at least 1,500 Euros per month to live in Spain so given the poor exchange rate, this is roughly around £1,350 per month (equating to over £16,000 per year). Unless you have significant savings of your own, plus guaranteed stable employment in Spain (there isn't any in Spain right now), your dream really isn't a go-er right now.

Another point ... the purpose of working people's payments going into the UK State coffers in terms of taxes and NHS contributions is not to help US workers personally in the future if our own circumstances change for the worse .... the purpose is to help other's in genuine need. In my opinion, the shake up of the benefits system is long overdue and I personally welcome it. There are too many people in UK expecting handouts all the time, with no intention of doing a legitimate hard day's work but spending alot of time doing their best to fleece the system as much as they can.It infuriates many of us (I include myself).

This message was last edited by wend691 on 14/07/2011.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 6:32 PM by *rach* Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I have to say that an hour of my spare time has not been wasted reading ALL of the posts on this thread, I haven't laughed as much for a long time. 

Ann, you should be on TV!!

Thank god I was still attending school at the age of 4!!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 6:38 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Jeremy Kyle???

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 6:47 PM by *rach* Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Yes Wend691....EXACTLY

Now I have to confess, I do not watch the programme, but I was told "it is a day time show for low-lifes to share their personal and pathetic problems on TV".....why would you want to do that??

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 7:21 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Now, now ladies don't be rude or you will be receiving a nasty pm from Ann!

Does make me wonder what job a 4 year old could do? Wish I could get my 13 year old to make his bed or put his clothes in the laundry basket never mind actually working lol

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 7:30 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Come on you lot leave the lady well alone. If the clampits want to move to Spain then who is going to stop them, there is gold in them there hills, texas gold.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 8:11 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Is it really feasible for a couple to survive on 1000 Euro per month in Spain ??

Jon

Yes , quite easily as long as you own your own place & haven't got exhorbitant  IBI / community charges. The spanish pension is only 623€ a month.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 8:25 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

I repeat:  no, it isn't.  We are a couple, and we don't get involved in any outlandish expenses and we most certainly cannot survive on €1000 per month. 

Two or three couples, (or family members)  all living together and pooling resources, like a commune, might get away with it.

Patricia

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 8:39 PM by paddy121 Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

I can survive on 650 euro no prob.  I live in the campo so its cheaper

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 10:05 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

We along with many other expats living in the campo live pretty well on 1,000,00 euros, and no we do not live in a commune. We have a very nice detached property and our own swimming pool etc etc. However we do not have any community charges and our ibi is fairly low as we are classed as rustic, and yes we are legal as well !!  

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 10:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

There's a job offer here: http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-13826.aspx

P.S. Justin, can you merge these two threads, and possibly rename the new thread "Summer madness" or something like that?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 10:46 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

I understand, Toddie, that it may be cheaper to live out in the countryside. 

In fact I love the countryside, but it is not possible for us all to live there because we have  other commitments. 

Jon (who asked the question) has, according to his posts, ideas of living in an apartment in a  development down near the coast.  

Patricia 

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 1:06 AM by elviriadreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

elviriadreamer´s avatar

Wow, glad to know what people really think of those claiming UK benefit whilst living in Spain. When I come out, I would have legally transferred a small part of my DLA which is exportable to help me live also. I would also be giving back £100's which is not exportable and a beautiful home all done by me, which would house a needy family...so certainly no scrounger or cheat! In fact I am not going to get better just deteriorate so am entitled to this till I pop my clogs. I didn't choose to be left the way I am now since the age of 36. REMEMBER illness and being down on your luck can happen to anyone.

Ann...If I had children at home still, I wouldn't even contemplate moving to Spain at this current time. Luckily my children are grown and I have no ties. If it all goes wrong for me my tourer can be put in storage in Spain for E300 and I go home. As you are not so far off pension ages, why don't you use this time to save money, plan and explore all different options. Then you will legally have your pensions to live off. Even if you were to jump on a plane tomorrow, you are still going to need money for housing and all the costs involved in setting yourselves up legitimately in Spain. For three of you that soon mounts up.

Another idea for you, which could offer a different way of life at a cheaper cost is Bulgaria. If you do your homework well and USE A GOOD agent you can pick up some fab houses dirt cheap and beautiful land with amazing views,cheaper. Do not be put off by having to set up a Bulgarian company, it is relatively simple and will only cost £250/£500 to do depending who you choose. Property purchase tax is around 5%. Some agents are desperate to clear the properties they will waive the agent fees. Look on Ebay too.

Once in Bulgaria healthcare is free due to our reciprocal agreement and there is far less red tape and costs in registering yourselves/cars etc. The cost of living is still far lower than in other European countries, the air is clean (outside of the major cities) and it still has that chilled out behind the times feel.

I hope whatever you choose to do works out for you and yours. As long as it's all legal. Robbing our system is effectively just robbing yourselves...of integrity and pride.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

selling our restaurant - 0 posts
not wanting to pay commisions - 4 posts
Selling Opportunities - 0 posts
property - 1 posts
NEED A GOOD RENTAL AGENT IN MIJAS COSTA - 6 posts
Algorfa,Costa Blanca School - 0 posts
holiday in malaga august 2011 - 2 posts
Starting new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras in Malaga Area - 10 posts
illegal homes in spain 4 - 0 posts
EX16 now EX19 Fee increases - 0 posts
Andalucia, Increases in water charges. - 0 posts
Problems with SKY+ - 4 posts
HiFX to charge - 17 posts
Objection to AGM Minutes - 3 posts
Cheap 7 Seater for sale in Murcia - No more car rental - 0 posts
COURT CASE VICTORY - 11 posts
restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts
Anyone Living Around Benahavis or in Los Arqueros, La Quinta etc Resorts ?? - 3 posts
Insurance for UK property when in Spain - 9 posts
thinking of moving!! - 0 posts
La Siesta, Denia - insolvent developer and bank! - 0 posts
The Wok in La Cala - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 118

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x