sick of england

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2011 12:58 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

top thread

really is awesome and full of fails.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:00 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Hey Camille,

Don't worry i got a nasty pm too  .... hmm should of put it on the forum .... but just deleted it before i even thought about it.  To be honest the best place for it

I don't think she will ever understand where we are coming from and unfortunately i think this is not a wind up  ... just a RANT up    lol

Guess i am due another pm now .... watch this space ....

This message was last edited by TP1 on 14/07/2011.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:07 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

Bowman no 1 PRATT, no you have not put my nose out of joint, I'm made of far tougher stuff than that, however you really should remember that your backside is not supposed to be used for speaking out of, still I suppose you do speak a load of sh.t.

I think you will find that if you go back to my original post you will see that I was giving you some friendly advice.

Are you sure that you are not just a bored office worker stuck in the UK with nothing better to do.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:12 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

ha not using my backside and i did,nt really see your good advice if it was that good i would have replied with a better reply but never mind seems most on here are sat at home venting there anger out on me good points taken very seriously and all noted bad points seems like you all want to have a rant also

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:21 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Rod your spelling was closer first time  ... should be ...

PRATTTTTTTTTTT

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:23 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

OK, in your best English give us a list of what you actually want to know about living in Spain.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:27 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

sorry but i am not a pratttttttttttttttttttttttttt as you would like to call me i was only trying to collect info if i moved to spain but i would rather have people send me decent info i was taught it cost nothing to ask if you was polite enough if you don,t like the replies i send back then please do not reply

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:46 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

reply to toddie i wanted to know what the cost was of bills and healthcare if i was lucky enough to move to spain our health over here not good so thought i would ask people in spain what the ins and outs are but seems people just wanted to slag me off and call me a scrounger beside other words this was supposed to be a genuine question i am not looking for handouts as people on here seem to think i do have money owed in from a good few years ago but who owes it will not payup and they want to move to spain before they pay me back so looks like i have lost out as for dole money i feel i was entitled to it if i worked all these years in this country and paid into the system here i am not out to get any freebies in spain my doctor said that the sun would help me work longer if i could support myself and family dole is just a topup to support us at the moment jobs are difficult to get here also and yes i did say i was on the dole at the moment but to find work with osteoartritus in spine/knees/hips/hands and feet limit me to what i can now do working every hour god sent to earn a living as now taken it,s toll on my body but i am still trying to find work here before i go if that will ever happen soooooooooooooooooo many on the scrap heap now goverment don,t give a damn  and i was going to sell off my wordly goods which i bought with my own money not dole money as people like to think i have done jobs that men never wanted to do over here as we women tend to get tarred that we are not good enough to do a mans job but i proved my freinds wrong so now i am being punished for working hard most of my life so if you find you all want to moan go ahead i can take it just like the next person but i feel that alot off you think i am one of the thousands that just want to take handouts from all the hard workers but you are all wrong i paid my way in this country and intend on trying to do that in another

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 1:47 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

i think you just ruffled a few feathers with your origional post because you came across as a biggoted lazy freelounging scrounger that was very workshy.

I am impartial because i dont really care one bit.

But the bit about you being too ill to work in the uk so was taking money out of the system  that keeps you in food and clothed and then wanting to come and work in spain came across badly.

The bit about there been nothing left in the uk funds because so many people come to england looking for handouts came across terribly badly.

You may be a really awesome guy but due to the way posting in forums had 1/10th the power of the spoken voice you came across really really badly and in fact came across looking like quite a horrible little man.

I am sure you arent but frst impressions count.

If you are thinking about coming to live in spain and not tell the government so you can keep your benefits in the uk but fly over once every six months to play the system pretending you are too ill to work you are a few years late now.

There are uk benefit investigarors living in spain and you will need a spanish national insurance number in spain and the uk computers may have access to them now.

If you are thinking about using your uk e11 or whatever it is for free helthcare you will be committing fraud.

rember lots of us have been here for a while so we see a lot of people with `your attitude` and invariably they turn out to be a bunch of losers.

remeber im impartial and i am just telling how i see it from they way you have posted and how you have presented yourself.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:00 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

To reiterate what Toddie said, perhaps you could list the points you like advice on with the rants inbetween?

If, as you say, your move to Spain is dependant on you finding employment that is your first stumbling block. Lots of others have had the same idea & simply cannot find work & I would expect with you condition the work you could do would be very limited.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:04 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

hi bigwilly thankyou for your honest oppinion i am sorry it did,nt come across like that but i was only trying to find out all the ins and outs like i said i do not claim any other benefits for my illness like other people and i also do not wish to con the system over in spain i am not out to make a living from doing what others have done before me and yes looking back at what i had written now looks that way but if people did,nt jump to wrong me first without knowing my back ground would,nt it have been better for them to ask what i meant first rather than them just accuse me of being a scounger or dole scrounger yes it helps like i said to pay my bills but it is also funded by my hubbies pension with to.day economy it  is not alot to survive on due to big increases in food and bills  but we do get by luxeries are for those who can afford them and i say good luck to you all but please don,t judge me

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:20 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

ha camille see you have calmed down abit now told sun would help me prolong my life and help me work longer in a warmer climate but to be told i am a scrounger on the dole really annoyed me as i know it annoyed alot of you  if you read what i have written then maybe you can understand i wanted info on how much it costs for everything to survive in spain if i was lucky enough to get there i did not state that i was in anyway going over to spain to scrounge off them i have worked very hard in my life and now lost alot in my life and i thought i could try and earn a living in spain i am looking for jobs over here that will not put me in any danger of restricting my quality of work or life  but wanted to know how people survive in spain as for cleaning jobs or shop work i thought that would be the only jobs that might be over in spain as i know not alot of people want older people now due to wages going up so they try to look for cheaper workers

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:23 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

LOL

Try again without the rants I'm not even attempting to read through those

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:27 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

As I said in my FIRST post, you could possibly live very modestly a on 1,000,00 euros a month however that would depend on where you are going to live and if you need to rent a property.  You say you have a child of school age, my grandchildren go to a state school and we have to pay for all of their school books ect, this is on average 300 - 400 euros per child.

For health care the best option in your case would be private, unless of course you can get employment where you pay into the system and then your family would become your dependants and be covered as well.  The other option is to become self employed but the monthly insurance is very expensive plus you would have to submit accounts to the hacienda every three months,  you would have to employ the services of an accountant to do the returns for you, even if they show zero.

Just remember if all fails there is no state benifits to fall back on, even the Spanish have to rely on family to get them through the tough times.

The best advice I can give you is if you need to work to make a living then make sure you have a job lined up before you come over, also have nest egg to fall back on, at least six months expenses but a year would be much better. 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:29 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Everything Toddie says makes perfect sense.  And €1.000 a month is a VERY modest figure indeed! 

Patricia

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:40 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

thankyou very much that was all i wanted to know and also i do not intend living off benefits for the rest of my life i was still working when my hubby had a mental breakdown and ended up in hospital and surving looking after 6 kids but in the end my health started failing due to all the work and looking after extra children cost me to leave my 3 jobs as i could not afford childcare costs as wages only paid a minimum or less so bills came first then food then whatever was left paid for upkeep in clothing wages don,t stretch that far even now with cost of living keep rising but i can still live in hope that one day i might succeed

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:50 PM by Chaddyowl Star rating in Manchester. 1264 posts Send private message

Chaddyowl´s avatar

"told sun would help me prolong my life "

Why do we care about the above!

You are no use to any economy be it UK or Spain so just get off ya backside, get a job and contribute you waster

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:50 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

fyi

there is state benefits by the way but they are pro rate based on what you have paid in.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 2:54 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

ha another nasty person i did get off my backside at 4 years old love and i worked very hard for what i wanted in life and as i stated before i am trying to find work but too many apply for what little jobs are about with my limitations i suppose you are one of these people who will never get ill but one day i hope you are made to eat your words

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:00 PM by bowman1 Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

hi bigwilly thanks for info but i am not looking for state benifits for myself i am wanting to work over here again before i decide what would be best option too many people claiming lot,s of handouts and never done a days work in there lives mine will runout soon as i know longer pay into the system so i am doing my best to find full time work over here and then parttime in spain if i get that far regards ann

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

selling our restaurant - 0 posts
not wanting to pay commisions - 4 posts
Selling Opportunities - 0 posts
property - 1 posts
NEED A GOOD RENTAL AGENT IN MIJAS COSTA - 6 posts
Algorfa,Costa Blanca School - 0 posts
holiday in malaga august 2011 - 2 posts
Starting new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras in Malaga Area - 10 posts
illegal homes in spain 4 - 0 posts
EX16 now EX19 Fee increases - 0 posts
Andalucia, Increases in water charges. - 0 posts
Problems with SKY+ - 4 posts
HiFX to charge - 17 posts
Objection to AGM Minutes - 3 posts
Cheap 7 Seater for sale in Murcia - No more car rental - 0 posts
COURT CASE VICTORY - 11 posts
restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts
Anyone Living Around Benahavis or in Los Arqueros, La Quinta etc Resorts ?? - 3 posts
Insurance for UK property when in Spain - 9 posts
thinking of moving!! - 0 posts
La Siesta, Denia - insolvent developer and bank! - 0 posts
The Wok in La Cala - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 118

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x