Tell me about the Bank Holidays in December

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by steve821 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All
1st post, what happens during the above, I see 8th December, and 12th are BH.
What happens on these days. Will be in Agualdulce at time.
Nice to know.
Steve

Like 0      
22 Nov 2006 11:53 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

6th is a holiday too. Effectively you can write off December for the Spanish - almost. They love a holiday as I am sure you know and as Three Kings is on 5th and 6th of January the general view seems to be why let a few working days interfere with a month long party. Respect to them I say! Seriously there seems to be a noticeable slow down from the 6th. Boxing Day is not a holiday but the 25th is. Three Kings definitely more important to them than Christmas Day - oh and they have New Year as well.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 12:19 AM by Spanish Inquisition Star rating in Puerto Banus. 16 posts Send private message

In case anyone wants to know:

the 6th of Dec is the Constitution day

the 8th of Dec is the day of the Inmaculate conception (religious)

then the following bank holidays this year will be the 25th of Dec., and then the 1st of January 2007. After that, the 6th of January is the "Reyes Magos" but it happens to be a Saturday. In exchange, there is no boxing day here. The 26th of Dec is just a normal day. 

I don't really think there are more holidays here than in other countries. Their distribution is just different.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 12:37 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
SI you have ruined my day! Dont tell me there arent more holidays here than the UK - thats why I came here to live!! In fact you do have a few more than we do - not loads but a few. Not to mention the fact that all of Spain is on holiday for all of  August!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 12:42 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Yay!! 2 bank holidays at the beginning of December... I might just shut up shop and take a couple of days off! :-)

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 9:12 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

The Bank Holidays are only for the Spanish - most of us Brits will be working obviously except you jfj. In fact if you do open up shop and you are working from a shop you need to be a little bit careful. For a great many businesses (restaurants etc excluded because of the Licences they have) it is in fact ILLEGAL to open up on a Public Holiday. Whatever you do enjoy it.

Rgds

Like 0      
24 Nov 2006 8:12 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Thanks for the info Smiley - good to know that.
We generally take the Spanish holidays here...when in Spain and all that. Plus the fact that we are surrounded by Spanish owned businesses here, it's not worth our while opening because the place is dead!
Anyway we'll have our mobiles should any one have computer trouble :-)

jfj

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mortgages - 1 posts
Electrical Goods - 15 posts
Pedro1952 - 1 posts
selling new build property in vera almeria. - 4 posts
Fun and Frolica at The Notary Public - 0 posts
Spanish Property Bureau S.L. - 4 posts
Anyone need a builder on the CDS? - 7 posts
coral level2 - 0 posts
Do you need any assistance with your property on the Costa del Sol, new or old? - 2 posts
Disneyland - 46 posts
mortgages - 10 posts
Property owned by Spanish SL - 4 posts
Bank Valuations - 10 posts
wanted, any info on calpe,altea area - 3 posts
From North to South - 3 posts
roda golf - 1 posts
le heredia - 1 posts
General help please - 1 posts
mortgage advice - 2 posts
Expensive in Madrid - 1 posts
Lights are not always included - 5 posts
Arcos de la Frontera - 3 posts
pets on the move - 0 posts
Best bank for expats - 100 posts
Don't pay for your bank guarantee - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x