selling new build property in vera almeria.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by aldsmi Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there.
I,m just a month away from taking possession of a 3 bedroom apt in the Valle del este golf development.In Vera .Almeria.But due to a change of circumstances I cant afford to keep this property.
Can you recommend an Estate agent who can sell this property without charging the earth to do so.If i can get out without losing any money, i,d be happy
cheers.
Allan from Aberdeen/Scotland

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 10:56 AM by womble Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi,

Viva which has a podcast you can listen to on this site now charge 2% commission on a sale which is good.  Just check out the solicitor situation as they seem to like to arrange this for you but I think there is a substantial charge for this.  Also if you are in a hurry Direct Auctions sell properties at reduced prices quickly.

Good luck.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 11:14 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Allan sorry to hear about your predicament. Viva charge 2% sales commission with 1% conveyancing charge (compulsory) and there is an upfront fee to list the property but you will have to list on an exclusive basis I am led to believe so important to check. Legal conveyancing on a sale is relatively straightforward and they use their in house solicitor so effectively the sale commission is 3% but it is worded a different way. There are many agents on the CDS who now charge 4 to 5% commission without exclusivity but dont know specifically about Almeria but worth shopping around. Viva's new structure makes it almost impossible for them to work with any other agents as the opinion is there is not enough commission to do a "split".

Considering the time of year it is not likely they will have much success so it is probably worth preparing yourself to have to complete in plenty of time. If they do manage to find a buyer then postpone any completion until the sale has gone through.

Regards

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Nov 2006 11:40 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I don't think thatViva actually deal with the Almeria area but you'll have to check as I'm not totally sure.  Agree with Smiley too, this is the worst time of year to sell a property.  Most people will leave this to the new year now.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 11:11 PM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Allan,

Do you still have your property for sale?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fun and Frolica at The Notary Public - 0 posts
Spanish Property Bureau S.L. - 4 posts
Anyone need a builder on the CDS? - 7 posts
coral level2 - 0 posts
Do you need any assistance with your property on the Costa del Sol, new or old? - 2 posts
Disneyland - 46 posts
mortgages - 10 posts
Property owned by Spanish SL - 4 posts
Bank Valuations - 10 posts
wanted, any info on calpe,altea area - 3 posts
From North to South - 3 posts
roda golf - 1 posts
le heredia - 1 posts
General help please - 1 posts
mortgage advice - 2 posts
Expensive in Madrid - 1 posts
Lights are not always included - 5 posts
Arcos de la Frontera - 3 posts
pets on the move - 0 posts
Best bank for expats - 100 posts
Don't pay for your bank guarantee - 14 posts
villa required 27th feb to 4th march in murcia region - 2 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 3 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 0 posts
Do you like the new logo? - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x