Anyone need a builder on the CDS?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Nov 2006 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I am currently having some work done at my house - principally walls that are being refurbished and rebuilt, but also some extensive tiling work.

I have found a really great guy down here on the Costa del Sol. I do not know how far he will travel but he lives in Benalmadena so I guess Malaga to Estepona is probably the extent, unless it is a really major job. At this point he could not build a complete house - not because he doesnt have the skill but he has been here 18 months and doesnt have the plant required.

He is half Rumanian/ half Hungarian (no need for the sharp intake of breath). He is extremely reliable and as honest as the day is long. He has access to my garage to store materials and nothing ever goes missing. If he wishes to borrow something he checks first. Scrupulously tidy he takes great pride in his work and will only do a job if he believes the customer will be pleased with the end result. I know because he has declined to do something for me that he could have done standing on his head but he will not be happy taking my money if he thinks I am likley to be less than 100% satisfied with the result - not because of poor workmanship but because of what he was being asked to do. 

His speciality is tiling and plastering although he he has done a superb job of rebuilding and rendering a wall for me and looking at the nearly finished article I think it will last 100 years or more. The only thing he is not really happy working with is wood as carpentry not his forte.

He speaks excellent English and is fluent Spanish. He will also price for the job and not by the hour eking the job out for longer than necessary. To cap it all he is cheaper than the Spanish let alone the Brits and he will do a first class job. He was recommended to me by a local Spanish friend first of all and I can honestly say he has been brilliant.  

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Nov 2006 1:41 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Forgot to mention he has done a pool retile for 1800€ less than the next cheapest quote. The price he quoted was what was charged despite finding extra repairs that needed doing to the pool shell after the original covering was stripped. For the other quotes this extra work would have added to the price - the highest quote was 3,500€ more.

Having seen my pal's pool I reckon it is probably the best finished pool I have seen.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 May 2007 7:14 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 83 posts Send private message

Smiley are you a Rumanian/ half Hungarian builder? :)

Like 0      
26 Dec 2007 11:46 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Smiley

Just trawling through Eye on Spain at the moment and notice that you have used somebody for tiling and plaster work, do you have a contact name and number please.  Hope you and everyone else reading this is enjoying the Christmas break.

Best Regards

Jojan

Like 0      
03 Jan 2008 4:18 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

03 Jan 2008 6:10 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley

We are in the Duquesa area.  Hope you or anyone reading this can help.

Jojan

Like 0      
03 Jan 2008 6:35 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Jojan I dont know if he will go that far but worth a try - his name is Jerry and number is 667597157. Speaks good English and Spanish - always proved very reliable in my experience - bit of  a perfectionist and doesnt like working with timber - will give opinions if he thinks a job wont turn out well - not really interested in small jobs as he is in Benalmadena so has to be worth him travelling - found him significantly better value than others and very honest. Hard worker and expects the job he does to turn out well but can be difficult to tie him down on an estimate - nonetheless the stuff he has done for me has been estimated in advance so stick to your guns and ask him to give you an idea - he doesnt know me as Smiley so if you want to mention me then it is Patrick

Like 0      
03 Jan 2008 9:10 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Thank you very much we will get in touch with him.

Regards

Jojan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

coral level2 - 0 posts
Do you need any assistance with your property on the Costa del Sol, new or old? - 2 posts
Disneyland - 46 posts
mortgages - 10 posts
Property owned by Spanish SL - 4 posts
Bank Valuations - 10 posts
wanted, any info on calpe,altea area - 3 posts
From North to South - 3 posts
roda golf - 1 posts
le heredia - 1 posts
General help please - 1 posts
mortgage advice - 2 posts
Expensive in Madrid - 1 posts
Lights are not always included - 5 posts
Arcos de la Frontera - 3 posts
pets on the move - 0 posts
Best bank for expats - 100 posts
Don't pay for your bank guarantee - 14 posts
villa required 27th feb to 4th march in murcia region - 2 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 3 posts
Property prices in inland Murcia - 0 posts
Do you like the new logo? - 20 posts
Accountants - 0 posts
Flights to and from GLASGOW - 0 posts
ADVICE - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x