information about the Condado de Alhama resort

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2007 12:00 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

I am not sure if i can ask this here. We are visiting to buy and although with Masa would like to see the Condado de Alhama development. These prices seem cheap however we wonder if the bars , sport etc round the development and in the development will be expensive and what the resort/area is like. Also I have spoken to Polaris World and they said they would be able to show us finished existinf developments in the evening. Do you have to attend evening dinner with Masa rep or can we say we are meeting friends. 

Like 0      
22 May 2007 11:51 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Nicki

Tricky one this. MASA do like to keep you to themselves really, however we were lucky to have a rep who we could talk honestly to and told him he had been given wrong info on the area we had specifically asked for, which was the mar menor area. Obviously they want you to buy what they are selling but if you contact the sub rep you booked inspection trip with and tell them of the other areas and developments you are interested in I would think they might be able to show you them, ours did take us down to Mar Menor on the last day and we did look at one or two that he could find as he was great with no pressure. unfortunately we did not buy and next trip had found an independent estate agent that I e mailed a lot beforehand and he knew what we were looking for and we found the perfect place. Just don't be pressured into anything and don't let them put you off the areas you fancy. Hope this helps. Mind you the wining and dining is brilliant and they do look after you.

Good Luck

Gina

Like 0      
23 May 2007 9:34 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Nickid,

Of cousre you can ask that here,this forum is all about gaining as much info as possible before you purchase as well as after the fact.

Masa will try and keep you to themselves for obvious reasons,they have paid for your trip and you will be staying in their hotel.

If you really want to look at polaris,stay an extra day and do so,it really is quite worrying when people feel like they are going to upset the people showing them around by maybe choosing to buy something that they will not show you.

You should go on your trip without fear of upsetting anyone and solely for the purpose of finding something that suits you and you only.

A viewing trip should give you the freedom to choose rather than having to pick between something that you are shown.

If you were planning to go to polaris i would suggest  you set aside at least a day as there are so many different products and developments to choose from it is not a decision you can make instantly.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:51 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Nicked,

Don't forget, you are the one with the money in your pocket, they are the ones trying to extract it!

Be assertive, although they make you feel joined at the hip when you are on a viewing trip, they have to let you have some free time too.

I know how you feel though, you think because you are their "guests" you shouldn't stray, but do it, it's your money after all!

Good luck,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:59 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Nicki

The one thing I would add is that if they put you in the masa hotel in La Mata, it is a bit isolated and there isn't anywhere to walk about and explore, as we didn't know our way around at the time were totally reliant on Masa to ferry us about. Just leave the cheque book at home and look at everything you can. Fibby knows that area more than me so may be able to help a bit more.

Which Polaris development is it that you are looking at? There are a few. If you have spoken to Polaris direct maybe they could pick you up? I don't know what the procedure is over there so don't want to upset any agents. Georgia what's the score if staying on with pre booked flights with Masa? could be a bit costly would have thought. Anyway Nicki try asking masa to take you there, which would simplify matters.

Any other ideas guys???  

Like 0      
24 May 2007 4:14 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi CANDYFLOSS,

I may be wrong as they may have changed but generally masa will not take you to polaris as it is not one of their collaborators.

Therefore you will not get much of a chance to see the developments.

All i was suggesting you do if you really want to see it is book a flight the day after you were supposed to go home and stay a day longer without anyone being none the wiser.

Not an ideal situation,but why do people get into the situation where they let people control what they buy????!

Its seems that Nicki is putting her self under strain and stress before she has boarded a plane,i cannot understand this?

Pick any of the smaller independents and request yourself what you see with some help from them if needed.

With so many to choose from and people willing to bend over backwards to help you find what you want why do people ever put themselves in this position.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
24 May 2007 8:04 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Georgia,

I thought not, obviously have to sell what they have on their books. I wasn't sure if they could get a referral fee from other developments if they introduced a buyer. We had a laugh but I knew what we wanted so best to research long and hard before making that all important commitment. If Nicki wants any more advice on areas and properties I'm sure He/she can count on you. Good luck Nicki.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2007 4:20 PM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for all your help, we were going to book a late flight home and see polaris properties before we come home. Now I am torn between off plan and resale and buying where it is obviously for tourists. Our budget is not that high and we wish to use the property as a holiday home/ long term investment. However, I have just read Susan's review of Polaris World and it seems you can not go wrong buying with these. i wonder if she still feels the same way about this company.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2007 4:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Nicki

I would've thought what you've decided is a great idea.  Give yourselves more time & space to think.

When you go out with Masa they'll most likely put you up in their hotel at La Mata. After your dinner go out of the hotel & turn right. Go past the gardens on your right & some way down the road, still on your right, there's a number of cafes/bars/restaurants where you can relax without feeling Masa are right behind you. If it was anything like when we went with Masa the cafes will be full of the people who you'll have already seen in the Masa hotel, all hoping to get away from their sales person for a few hours.  

Just enjoy the experience & come back & tell us all about it. We look forward to hearing what you did.

Did you look at this in EOS ? http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/polaris-world-spain.aspx in which it has a link to  Polaris World. (Click on blue links.) Guess that was what you were referring to.  (I notice it was written by Susan Pedalino.)

Just a word about Polaris properties we were shown by Parador. We went to see Torre Pachecho ones in their infancy. The showhouses weren't even built at the time & we just were shown the models in the Polaris showroom. We asked the Polaris gentleman  what were they planning to ask for the annual community charge for one of the two bed homes. (Parador were not best pleased we asked this for, I think, the obvious reason) He said 1,000€ (& I'm talking about us asking this question four years ago) This, to us, sounds a lot of €'s so please ask. Don't want it to come as a shock to you. 

Regards,

Rosemary

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

We're new and buying in La Tercia Real! Anyone else?? - 10 posts
Gardening - 2 posts
Spanish will - 16 posts
New Channel - 3 posts
Anyone moving to Lebrrija? - 27 posts
Veronica - 7 posts
Kids discos san pedro/estepona - 0 posts
Taxation on two properties - 5 posts
Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts
Ray and Sue - 2 posts
Air Conditioning - 3 posts
I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x