Anyone moving to Lebrrija?

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2007 12:00 AM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hello there, my husband and I are buying a house in Lebrija - is there anyone out there living or intending to live in Lebrija who would like to share ideas, knowledge etc? 

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:23 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Bernipops

Welcome to EOS

Can you let us all know where Lebrija is, Costa Blanca, Del Sol, Blanca?

Someone can answer you then.

Hope you enjoy EOS, we are a friendly bunch here and someone will always have an answer to any questions you may have......

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:48 AM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Lebrija is about 20 minutes north of Jerez on the Costa de la Luz.  It is a typical Spanish small town about 30 minutes from the coast and I believe that this development will be the first that will bring an influx of other europeans to this community.  It is will an interesting experience that we are looking forward to with excitement and trepidation!

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:53 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Berniposp,

I am sure this featured on one of the TV programmes on Spain the other night.

The described it as one of the hidden gems, which will be up and coming in future years, and to get in on buying now while the prices are low.

Seems like you have made a good choice!

Good luck..................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 May 2007 12:01 PM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Can you remember which program it was?  I normally watch anything and everything to do with moving abroad in Spain and anywhere really (bit said I know) but I didn't see anything about Lebrija. 

Like 0      
23 May 2007 1:14 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

No, I meant it was about the whole area, Costa De La Luz, not just your town, sorry if I confused you!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 May 2007 2:37 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
bernipops

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

I've never been to Lebrija but I hear it's a lovely village.  There are many stunning areas there so I'm sure you're really going to enjoy it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 May 2007 8:40 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Bernipops

Welcome from me too.  It's OK, I am also sad as I watch all these programmes!  We are buying inland (about an hour from the coast) in Murcia, in a typical Spanish small town called Jumilla.  We have been amazed how many other people on this forum are buying there and are fast making friends with our new neighbours.  In fact one member organised a get together in Torquay and we met quite a few of them there, plus on our last visit to Jumilla we met another member who lives in the area (they are buying as an investment) and two more couples who were staying with her!  Hopefully you will be able to link up with some of your new neighbours too.

We haven't visited Costa De La Luz - yet!  It does sound lovely though.

Regards.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 10:32 PM by Limefield Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

My husband and I are also purchasing a property in Lebrija - was supposed to be complete December 07 - but now told February 08.  But we are in no rush - as we will not have time to go at present.

My daughter and I went out to visit before they had even starting building and we have not managed to go back yet.

We are buying one of the Mercers Properties - they were recommended by friends who have bought in another area of Spain.

Look forward to communcating with you.

This message was last edited by Limefield on 8/1/2007.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:33 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi to Bernipops (where have you got to ?) & to Limefield.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it as much as many do. Lots of us have met or are arranging to meet up.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 9:07 PM by Bozo Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi to Bernipops and anyone else who might be purchasing a property in Lebrija Costa del la luz.

We are hoping to complete our house sale next month. Last visited Lebrija in May when we went out to snag the house, we thought we might have completed by now, but no-one seems to be in any rush.

We have booked flights (got them for £1. each way) so hopefully all will happen middle of November.

Our house in on the urbanization GuadalSur, where is yours?

Like 0      
22 Dec 2007 1:00 PM by paderewski Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have just joined this board and was hoping somebody could help.  I am looking for an area of Spain where it is reasonably sunny in the winter and not too hot in the summer and you can integrate in with the locals as well as the Brits..  How is the weather in Lebrija throughout the year?  Also, if I were to visit this region, where are the nice areas to look to buy in and around this region?  Any guidance much appreciated.

Regards,

P.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2007 4:26 PM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

You can google Lebrija as they have a website where you can see the weather etc.  Lebrija is all spanish at the moment but there are several new urbanisations being built at the moment some of which are completing early 2008.  There is no "Brit" community there at the moment so I guess unless you either speak spanish (we dont yet) or are prepared to learn pretty quickly and integrate with the locals then this might not be the area for you.

We think it will be a challenge and are very keen to learn spanish and adapt to the slower pace of life so cant wait to move there next year.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Bernipops

Like 0      
22 Dec 2007 5:35 PM by paderewski Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Bernipops,

I speak enough spanish to get by in Spain.  I tried 'Lebrija'  from google search engine and  'andalucia.org' popped up.  However, this site is very very slow.  Which website are you using to find out about the weather in this region?  May I ask what made you look at this side of the Spanish country (my interest is it appears to have more sunshine in this region)?

Regards,

P. 

Like 0      
24 Dec 2007 11:10 AM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

You have to be in google.com then search Lebrija.  You will then get a listing for lebrija.com with an option to translate this page.  If you click on translate this page you get the website in english.  It is 14 deg C there today.

We had a good look around the spanish costas and decided on Lebrija because it is the real spain, non touristy and not too far from the coast.

Bernipops

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 9:16 AM by kthmurrell Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi i found this site this morning (sat 29th dec) after searching lebrija in google, i am in the process of buying a property in lebrija after spending a couple of years looking on the costa de la luz, i was looking for a good priced 3 bed house that was not too far from the coast & the airport & with local shopping facilities & lebrija is perfect ! i am buying a house on the guadalsur area where the builders are grupo q who are a well known spanish building company based in seville (http://www.kyero.com/property/460145?) looks like a few brits are buying in lebrija which is not a bad thing (as long as is its not too many) & as you said before at least we can all share each others knowledge of the area. over the past few years i have travelled all over the costa de la luz & there are some fantastic places to visit & the best beaches in the whole of spain, places to see are seville, cadiz, jerez, medina sidonia, zahara de los atunes, chiclana, la barossa, sanlucar, huelva, ayamonte, the donona national park & many many more !!!!!!

Like 0      
29 Dec 2007 11:27 AM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hello there.

We are on a different urbanisation to you. I have sent you a PM.

Bernipops

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 9:47 PM by Nancy W Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

Just found this site.My husband & I are buying a house on the El Ejido urbanisation in Lebrija and would be interested to hear from anyone else who is doing the same.

We are eagerly awaiting completion as we are due to spend 2 weeks in Spain at the end of May and we were hoping the house would be ready by then. However as this is Spain and manjana etc.....

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 9:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Nancy, welcome. If this is your development forum, click blue link & join in discussions in there to get greater insight. Good luck.

Bahía del Golf El Ejido

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 9:27 AM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi there my husband and I are moving to El Ejido and I have sent you a PM.

Bernipops

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Veronica - 7 posts
Kids discos san pedro/estepona - 0 posts
Taxation on two properties - 5 posts
Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts
Ray and Sue - 2 posts
Air Conditioning - 3 posts
I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts
DISHWASHER - 5 posts
off plan - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x