permission to change windows on a listed property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by curious Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

I have a house in Granada, about a year ago the facade of the house was listed.  I havent had this in writing but the officials came round and looked at the house and afterwards told my friend who showed them round as I was in the UK  that the facade is now listed .  The reason why it is  listed is because of the  old stonework around the doorway. The authorities have also told my neighbours who have this same work that their property is also listed in the same way.  

We want to replace the windows, with wooden ones again but this time double glazed because of the cold and because it can get very noisy in the late hours.  I dont want to take a chance and just do it as we have already had someone round from the town council with the police to have a look around when we were doing building work previously. Luckily it was before this and we had permission for the work!

Has anyone got any experience of changing anything on a listed property in Spain?  I would be really glad to receive any advice on how to go about it!

Thanks.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2010 8:14 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Think you need to talk to an Architect...there are many such in and around Granada, I can refer you to one in Moraleda which is about 30 kms west of Granada on the A92. (junc 211). Good blokes, both in their late twenties I would think and both speak reasonable English and not out to rob you blind either. Definitely you need professional guidance before starting anything. If you want to contact them let me know and I'll pm you the details.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 9:32 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, you need either an architect or a lawyer to review requirements for you

Best,

MAria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 3:06 PM by curious Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Ok thank you for advice. 

Not quite sure though why we need an architect?    We are only replacing the old one with more wooden ones. We dont need any planning done. I was just going to get local carpenter to do it if we got permission.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 3:58 PM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

Hi Curious,

As with most things in Spain there is a high level of bureaucracy. You know what I mean forms, forms and forms and stamps.

I guess that is the case here and professionals are giving their advice.

Unfortunately, as is often the case, if you do not speak good Spanish you need some help. However if you do (speak Spanish) pop into your Town Hall and make enquiries. There will no doubt be forms to fill in and fees to pay but you may be able to do it alone.

I have some experience of facade repairs to Grade II listed buildings in the UK. I can assure you that was not easy either. Materials, style etc. were specified and work supervised. You see bureaucracy in the UK as well.

If you speak Spanish, or know someone who does, enquire at your Town Hall. Failing that you will need professional help.

Good Luck

Mick

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 8:44 PM by curious Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi maylin. 

Thank you for your advice.

I do know someone who speaks very good spanish.  I will email them and ask them to accompany me to the town hall so I can make enquiries when I am over.  If that fails I will take Foxbat up on his offer of an Architect's contact number.

This holiday home has become very costly and I want to do it the cheapest way possible .  The only thing of architectual value is the stonework around front door , this is why it is listed.  So I dont see how it  will affect it having the windows changed, they are not original windows and the rest of the facade front of the house is wrecked already.  I suppose as you have already said, it won't be as  simple as that though based on my experience of owning a property in Spain so far!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Demanda Embargo - 2 posts
Suitcases - 0 posts
Happy in Spain again - 5 posts
Easyjet Luton to ALicante - 2 posts
Internet Business - 3 posts
Where's the INSS in Estepona - 4 posts
Jet2 Winter flights back on again Newcastle to Murcia - 1 posts
calahonda solicitor registry fees and notair fees for a 3 bed apartment - 3 posts
calahonda electrician - 1 posts
Car Repairs - 4 posts
lots of info needed about buying on camposol! - 82 posts
Paramount Theme Park in Murcia - 8 posts
Two injured during armed robbery at Carrefour in Estepona - 0 posts
They only flew to Barcelona & Mallorca but.... - 1 posts
Requirements to drive Motos in Spain - 2 posts
Neighbours barking dogs at 2am - 5 posts
Something novel- Let's bash another airline and their luggage policy instead of the usual one! - 5 posts
Previous owners waste removal bill. - 1 posts
how is everything going? - 0 posts
Grocery Store Prices in Málaga - 0 posts
Toll Roads - 10 posts
Paying taxes in Spain - 1 posts
multiple sclerosis in spain - 2 posts
Re-homing Pets - 6 posts
Staff Vacancy due to expansion!! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x