Neighbours barking dogs at 2am

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by bodyworker Star rating in By the Mar menor. 34 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

Can any one give me some sound advise to the above.  Our neighbour has dogs which are left outside when ever they go out, unfortunately for everone who is around one of them barks almost no stop 'poor thing' as it must be well stressed out.  They just dont seem to bother and I have never seen the dogs out on a walk!

I have 2 dogs as well but we try and respect the neighbourhood etc so they are in th house always by 12pm and they are quiet (normal) only barking when someone is about etc. 

I have been to local police but was a waste of time, they advised me to go to the Guadia, so went there where upon they advised me to go to the local police round and round what a pain.  It appears if you get almost the whole street to sign a petition they may do something about it, problem is half are holiday homes, and everyone seems really cheesed off with the problem but funny enough no one wants to speak with guy funny that and dont want to sign anything...

I didnt know if any one actually knows the law in this region of Murcia regarding this situation?

I'm quite a callm person but my wife is at wits end and a few times I have almost driven round there and pulled the gates off with my truck to let the dog/s go.

Hopefully it wont lead to this but I'm sure as some of you know these people can sometimes lead you to dispair.

Any legal solutions would be grateful

Thank you in anticipation

Best regards

I have spoken to the tennant in a controlled manner about it but he seems pretty relaxed about it and says it's his security... 

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 5:35 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've read about a solution to "barking dogs" and it involved buying a gizmo which you used whenever needed.  Users said that it solved the problem.  Now exactly what it was and where I saw it I couldn't say.  Maybe do a google search and see what gets listed.  The poster lived in Spain and I think bought it from UK.

Sorry can't be more explicite but I don't personally suffer from this problem so didn't bother to mark it down for future reference.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 7:51 PM by johnwspooner Star rating in Sucina, Murcia and N.... 14 posts Send private message

johnwspooner´s avatar

Hi,

Just Google......."Stop neighbours dogs barking".

There are hundreds of gizmos and gadgets.

Regards,

John.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 9:22 PM by catman Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Here in Catalonia such a problem is the responsibility of the Medi Ambient ---- Environment Agency.

Initialy I tried the police with my problem which was similar to yours. No responce but a catalan friend pointed me in the direction of the 'Medi -Ambient', result 10 days later ----- peace and tranquility.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 9:32 PM by Caz.I Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi.

I had a similar situation and I called a local organisation for the protection of animals because as well as stopping me from being able to sleep, the dogs were also being neglected and not being taken out - so you can imagine the mess. The organisation told me that the laws here meant they could not do anything but to call the police as they would have to do something - not about the neglect but about the barking. (I am in Andalucia so dont know if it is different here.) I also made a note of how often I was disturbed by the noise. The first time I called the police out about 4am after the dogs had been barking constantly for an hour (they were on a narrow balcony on the floor below me, right below my bedroom window!). Unfortunately, they had stopped barking by the time they came at 5am and the police said they couldnt do anything because the barking had stopped! However, they said to call again if it continued.

I called a few days later during the day, and this time it was two different officers who came who were a lot more helpful, they came in and had a look at the balcony, took photos and I made an official denuncio and the police paid my neighbours a visit. I then went out and when I came back in the afternoon, everything had been cleaned up and the dogs were moved. They are no longer kept on that balcony at night, although sometimes during the day one of them is at the front of the building on another balcony barking furiously. But at least not all the time and not at night, like before.

Like you, when I mentioned the problem to a lot of my neighbours they all agreed it was a problem, but I was the only one who did anything. It didnt help that the President of our community doesnt live in the block all year round as I would have gone to him first. I did go to the Administration office, and they said they would write a letter, so I knew they would be of no use at all. I dont know what kind of place you live in but do you not have a Community President you could speak to? If not, keep going back to the police, make a diary of the times it happen, record the noise and make an official denuncio. I dont know the law in Murcia but if you can prove it is a serious disturbance, surely that should make a difference?.  Try and find someone in your neighbourhood that is on your side and could go with you to talk to the owner again, if the owner sees there are a few of you and/or knows you are taking action it might make a difference...  Good luck, I know how hellish it is having this sort of problem.

Like 0      
12 May 2011 12:34 PM by LadyLeCamps Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I have recently brought a property in Spain (near Gandia) and although it is not in a community, my neighbours have two huge ugly dogs which bark a lot and particularly at night if they hear something in the nearby orange groves.  I have two of those bark stoppers (not the same as from Primrose London, but will look into them as well) and I can't say that mine work as well as I would like.  However, and I own four dogs myself and I came up with another solution on my last visit.  Every time the neighbour's dogs see me they will bark, so in the late evening when it starts to get dark, I walk up the slope to their gate, kick it and of course, the dogs fly at me.  I have a huge pump action water gun filled with half water and half vingegar and let them have it in their eyes and noses.  After a handful of days they stopped barking at me and actually depart from my vision, which is what I want.  I drove one of those spiky umbrella holders in the gound next to the chain link fence which separates our two properties, stuck a long pipe in it and when I go back to the house in June, I will attach a dancing flower water thingie and when they start barking at night I will reach my hand outside my bedroom window and turn on the tap.  The dogs will depart the area near the shared fence and go back down their compound and they can then bark at their owners windows.  This is the best I can do without going to the police, recording everything that happens and to "denounce" my neighbours.   I have not hurt the dogs in any truely harmful way, but they will govern themselves as they now look at me as someone who can and will control them even from a distance.  They now give me respect.  I realise the Spanish do not hear noise in the same way we do and I would never let my own dogs disturb my neighbours, so I feel for me, this is a good way forward.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Something novel- Let's bash another airline and their luggage policy instead of the usual one! - 5 posts
Previous owners waste removal bill. - 1 posts
how is everything going? - 0 posts
Grocery Store Prices in Málaga - 0 posts
Toll Roads - 10 posts
Paying taxes in Spain - 1 posts
multiple sclerosis in spain - 2 posts
Re-homing Pets - 6 posts
Staff Vacancy due to expansion!! - 0 posts
La Caixa bank - my NIE number is wrong and I can't speak spanish.. help! - 6 posts
Americans in spain - 3 posts
Philips 32" Television with integral stand - 0 posts
6 month rental contract - 5 posts
La Manga Club - 0 posts
Villamartin area information - 2 posts
Enforcing a 10 year building guarentee ? - 17 posts
Mijas Pueblo Feria - 2 posts
Saab 93 Vector Sport - UK headlights for sale - 0 posts
2 Bikes For sale - 8 posts
No win no fee - 5 posts
wanting to rent in spain - 2 posts
INEM - 2 posts
Recommended car hire - 0 posts
Help need an english speaking lawyer in lorca area - 5 posts
Galesa water company - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x