Internet Business

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by trendytots Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi, I intend to set up an internet shop. I am resident in Spain and hope to be selling internationally.To enable me to buy goods do I need to be registered as an autonomo. My fear is that it will take a few months to get the shop up and running and that I will need to be paying the SS fee each month with no income. Is there a way around this.

Thanks 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 3:32 PM by spainmamma Star rating in Mijas . 36 posts Send private message

Hi, we run an internet shop in Spain and also buy and sell Internationally. We did consider starting the business as autonomo's but as there were two of us in the partnership we decided in the end to become an SL. You should really speak to a gestor because you need to officially register the business and obtain a business escritura. We also needed a licence to trade and a number which allows us to buy goods from the UK with the right tax concessions. I don't think we started to pay as autonomo's until the month we lauched ... so in other words while we were setting up the company we put the applications in with a view to everything starting at the same time. It took us a good 6 months or so to set up the site etc.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 4:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The autonomo vs SL argument is a tricky one and I'm still not sure which is actually the best route.

As an autonomo the SS payments are reduced if you are under a certain age, 35 I think, so that is also worth taking into account.

You can read an article here with more information on SL companies in Spain.

There is another article also about being self employed in Spain which may be of interest too.

In terms of payments, I don't think you need to make any until you actually start trading, but best get that confirmed by a gestor.

Best of luck.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 7:00 PM by trendytots Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info. I am going to see a gestor in the morning. I'll let you know how I get on.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where's the INSS in Estepona - 4 posts
Jet2 Winter flights back on again Newcastle to Murcia - 1 posts
calahonda solicitor registry fees and notair fees for a 3 bed apartment - 3 posts
calahonda electrician - 1 posts
Car Repairs - 4 posts
lots of info needed about buying on camposol! - 82 posts
Paramount Theme Park in Murcia - 8 posts
Two injured during armed robbery at Carrefour in Estepona - 0 posts
They only flew to Barcelona & Mallorca but.... - 1 posts
Requirements to drive Motos in Spain - 2 posts
Neighbours barking dogs at 2am - 5 posts
Something novel- Let's bash another airline and their luggage policy instead of the usual one! - 5 posts
Previous owners waste removal bill. - 1 posts
how is everything going? - 0 posts
Grocery Store Prices in Málaga - 0 posts
Toll Roads - 10 posts
Paying taxes in Spain - 1 posts
multiple sclerosis in spain - 2 posts
Re-homing Pets - 6 posts
Staff Vacancy due to expansion!! - 0 posts
La Caixa bank - my NIE number is wrong and I can't speak spanish.. help! - 6 posts
Americans in spain - 3 posts
Philips 32" Television with integral stand - 0 posts
6 month rental contract - 5 posts
La Manga Club - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x