Toll Roads

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Heven Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi I have a house in Coto De Vera near Garrucha and am thinking of driving out for Christmas.  Normally good old Ryanair flies me there. Can anyone tell me the cost of the Toll Roads from Calais down to Garrucha.  Any ides would be much appreciated.  Thanks

H

This message was last edited by Heven on 09/09/2010.

This message was last edited by Heven on 09/09/2010.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 4:39 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Go onto www.viamichelin.com and it will calculate alternative routes with costs of petrol and tolls.

Guy

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 4:49 PM by Heven Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks for that  Guy - really helpful

H

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 5:08 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not related as I haven't driven, but which complex are you n? We're on AA Resort. I love it now the new bar has opened, just outside the bus stop, so refreshment while you wait .

Mark

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 5:26 PM by Heven Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

am in the orange and red houses opposite Mercadona.  Near to bus stop too lol.

Do you live out there or just go out for holidays?

I've had my house since Feb 2008 and go out as much as possible.  Am coming out next  Thursday for a few days.  Love it out there.

H

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 6:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Are they the ones that are also opposite the yellow/ white blocks? If so, they are huuuuuge. We met a couple living there in a 3 bed went for a BBQ and a tour. How jealous????

We bought just before you in December '07 and try to get out 6 or 7 times a year (long weekends), preferring to use Murcia, but also enjoy the drive from Alicante. Looking to move out in a couple of years.

It's a shame you're going next week as I am out this time next month and we could have a chin wag over at Keokes.

Hope you get there ok

Mark

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 9:22 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Yikes heven, thats some drive!

I posted something earlier re doing it in stages (I only went as far as Barcelona) but you'd be wise to do something similar to avoid Paris http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-11485.aspx

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 2:16 PM by Heven Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

as you come from Happy Gnome roundabout Mercadona on left go over roundabout and my complex is on left.  I have a two bed but am in the process of having another bedroom added.  Hope it should be completed by the time I get there Thursday night.

I am going back out on 19th October for 6 days.  Thinking of maybe driving with friends at Christmas for 12 days hence the question about tolls.

I first went out there 5 years ago to visit friends and fell in love with area.  Altho lots of English there - its still very spanish which i like.  Hopefully will end up there too in next few years - unless I win the lottery this weekend, then it could be Monday lol.

Enjoy the rest of your break

H

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 2:19 PM by Heven Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Growler - some name that lol - thanks for your reply.  Thinking of driving out at Christmas and there would probably be four of us to share driving.  Get it over and done with quick.

Think it will be cheaper than flying and also we can bring more stuff with us.

H

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 2:31 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Heven

If you are driving down, please be aware of highway robbers!

Here is an extract of a post this week from our Community website:

I met 2 of our new residents last night. They are French and seem to be very nice people. They were on their first visit to xxxxxxxxxx as owners and had driven down from their home in France.

Unfortunately they had the misfortune to meet some of the people we read about in the free English papers here, the motorway robbers.

They were flagged down just around Barcelona by someone who appeared to have broken down and be in need of assistance. When they stopped, his accomplice appeared and relieved them of their valuables, including passports and keys to their apartment!

When they finally arrived they had to get a locksmith to get them into their apartment and change the locks. They will now spend the rest of their holiday getting new passports and dealing with all the other problems caused by the robbery.

Keep safe!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 3:37 PM by Heven Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks for that - always helps to know

H

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paying taxes in Spain - 1 posts
multiple sclerosis in spain - 2 posts
Re-homing Pets - 6 posts
Staff Vacancy due to expansion!! - 0 posts
La Caixa bank - my NIE number is wrong and I can't speak spanish.. help! - 6 posts
Americans in spain - 3 posts
Philips 32" Television with integral stand - 0 posts
6 month rental contract - 5 posts
La Manga Club - 0 posts
Villamartin area information - 2 posts
Enforcing a 10 year building guarentee ? - 17 posts
Mijas Pueblo Feria - 2 posts
Saab 93 Vector Sport - UK headlights for sale - 0 posts
2 Bikes For sale - 8 posts
No win no fee - 5 posts
wanting to rent in spain - 2 posts
INEM - 2 posts
Recommended car hire - 0 posts
Help need an english speaking lawyer in lorca area - 5 posts
Galesa water company - 0 posts
MURCIA TO MADRID AIRPORT - 4 posts
Trustworthy property management agent in Malaga for Cerrado del Aguila wanted - 0 posts
Car Hire Excess Insurance - 8 posts
Healthcare when retired. - 3 posts
Looking for a tv repair person/company - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x