ACCOMODATION IN FRANCE?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by chelmsford Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

HI

Has anyone driven the journey through France down to Murcia and onto Condado?

Does anyone have a recommendation of overnight stay in France ?

Looking to get an early ferry calais around 6am - two of us drive most of the day -

Any advise would be appreciated.  Thanks

Like 0      
02 Sep 2010 11:49 AM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

Hi Chelmsford,

We have made the journey through France into Spain many times. Though not to Murcia always onwards to Adadalucia, not that that matters really.

I don't know what you are looking for, what route you are taking or how leasurely you want it to be. We always use Logis de France. They have hotels all over. Their website is good and in most languages including English. You can book online and plan your route.

Have a good trip.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2010 9:46 AM by chelmsford Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Thanks Maylin

Hoping to arrive Calais early morning about 7am - so do you think it possible to reach as far as PUR for an overnight stay?

Like 0      
03 Sep 2010 11:34 AM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

Hi Chelmsford,

I don't know where PUR is, so difficult for me to comment.

However I can tell you that we have done Calais to Limoges in 6+ hours and Toulouse in 8+. Calais to Lyon in 7. Then Caen to Biarritz in about 8. Plus many others. Calais down to the Med. coast, say Narbonne has got to be 10 hours.

If you go onto one of the travel websites, say viamichelin, you can enter the route details and it will give you a rough time and cost.

Hope that helps.

Safe journey.

Mick

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 3:35 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Some fast travelling there, I set off from calais, over to rouen-dreux-orleans-chartres-chatuedun-vendome-tours-poitiers, you can keep on the n10 for no tolls, I move on to the a10 now.

Bordeaux-Dax(a63)-bayonne, we arenow around 10-12 hoursdependant how many stops, and around 55eon tolls.

I stay over night look at cheap formular 4 or batter quality IBIS hotels loads of them www.ACCOR.com 

breaky and up on the road, sansabastian-pamplona-zaragosa, there is a toll road after pamplona15e, or you can stay toll free.

Zaragosa-treuel-valencia. 6hours about

option time, valencia to alicante, coast or in land? your choice I do the inland a31-a35.

alicante cabo roig, for me, second days travelling around 10hrs, again I'm trying to get 60mph out of the car and I need my coffee injections.

1460miles door to door wigan to cabo roig.

3 weeks away then i'm off again for another holiday.

dont be over worried of the problems you hear of, be sensible:

dont leave the belongings on show, if you need a sleep in the car, be sure to use a well used service station area not the quite park type,

enjoy your trip

jon

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 12:06 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Where's Pur? unless maybe an abreviation for Perpinon?

If there are just 2 of you and both drivers then I'm guessing you just want to "get there".. rather than admire the 'scenery' along the way?

I did Calais to Barcelona (to rescue relatives from the ash cloud debacle), used the tolls as I wasn't hanging about and it took me 7am till 10.30pm, and from that 15.5hours, 12.5 hours was actual driving. 882 miles so average speed was just over 70mph (you've no chance of that if you avoid tolls as it's a much tougher drive).

Barcelona to Murcia can add on another 360 miles or so over say a further 6 hours, so in total your looking at around 20 hours of actual driving. Personally I'd forget having one drive and the other "sleep" as it doesn't work (safely or effectively) in practice. Better you both swap every couple of hours or so, keep each other company, take regular but short breaks. I stopped for around 10mins each and every hour, hence broke the trip up into loads of small chunks (which kept me mentally fresh 'most' of the time).

Consider you'll be leaving Calais 7am-ish but you wont want to be up that early second day, hence you'd be wiser to try and do the bulk of driving on first day. You've around 1250 miles so if you stop at Perpinon your ratio will be about 755 (12hrs) vs 495 (8hrs). If you get to Barcelona it'll be around 880 (14hrs) vs 370 (6hrs) 

As others have said use www.viamichelin.com, I printed out these 3 stages as separate docs..

Calais to Lyon, 475 miles, allow 8 hours
Lyon to Perpinon, 280 miles, allow 4.5 hours
Perpinon to Barcelona, 120 miles, allow 2.5 hours

and then you'll need..

Barcelona to Murcia, 360 miles, allow 6 hours

If/when heading back the other way, again I would aim to do the bulk on day1 so stop at either Lyon, or better still Dijon (nice place).

Drive safely!  ;O)

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 12:08 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

just noticed this is in the "forum help" section?

.. be better moved into "Driving in Spain" ...anyone know how? 

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 7:36 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Do you mean PAU in the Pyrenees

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Arborculturalist advice wanted in the Gandia area - 0 posts
Spanish retirement pension - 24 posts
Car Hire - 3 posts
Golden Products Nutriance Aloe Vera Gel - 0 posts
Endesa Office, San Pedro De Alcantara, Marbella, Spain - 2 posts
Iberbanda dial out problem - 0 posts
solar power?? - 2 posts
We had a fantastic time in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
El Gringo, El Grosso - 5 posts
for sale - wedding dress - 0 posts
for sale - van space - 1 posts
Incorrect property and SUMA - 2 posts
Agricultural Water for dogs to drink - 2 posts
Speeding fine - how do I pay?? - 9 posts
Just moved to Spain - 8 posts
cert of first occupation - 5 posts
To Learn A Language,Teach it! - 1 posts
CHANGE - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Maintenance - 9 posts
Problem Neighbours - 8 posts
Im looking for a villa to rent - 4 posts
Van service needed from Rojales to Reading (UK) - 10 posts
REgistering a motor boat on to spanish matriculation - 0 posts
Income Tax Rates in Spain - 2 posts
Child at Risk. Help Needed - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x