Villamartin area information

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by adam4898 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi I am planning a move to the Costa Blanca with my wife and two children, we have been looking in the Ciudad Quesada area but want to broaden our property search area. We want to initially live on an urbanisation close to an English community whilst we settle in, make friends, work on our Spanish etc before maybe moving somewhere more predominantly Spanish later in life, in other words jumpin at the shallow end and swim deeper in our own time. 

Can anyone give me some general information on the Villamartin area? Where is the best area to live for families? How far is the nearest state school? 

I am well aware that I will need to visit and stay in the area to judge for myself but any help would be appreciated.  Alternatively if anyone has any other area suggestions ideal for families I would be more than happy to here them. 

Many thanks in advanced to anyone who replies, all information is much appreciated

Adam

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 12:12 PM by thekeeve Star rating in Hope, West Wales and.... 277 posts Send private message

Hi Adam,

I have had an apartment on Villamartin since 1994, and can recommend the area. I never tire of visiting.  It is predominantly English, but with a good cosmopolitan mix, especially from northern Europe. Unlike some urbanisations, Villamartin is well visited by tourists and golfers, with a large number of residents, and not a ghost town in winter.  Facilities are excellent for families and others alike.  The urbanisations are very well maintained and have a good reputation.  Community fees are very reasonable.  It's probably best to rent for an extended holiday before making the move permanently and commiting to a school.

As for schools, I am aware of a international establishment El Limonar, and a state school at Los Dolces (primary I think) both easily accessible.

Maybe a resident will give you better and more up to date information.  There are a couple of forums you could search also.

Good luck with your move.

keeve

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 2:17 PM by adam4898 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Thanks Keeve 

I as I said I will certainly be staying in the area before making any decisions to buy but to here good reports on the area is always nice. Do you know if any area of Villamartin in particular has more permanent residents?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Enforcing a 10 year building guarentee ? - 17 posts
Mijas Pueblo Feria - 2 posts
Saab 93 Vector Sport - UK headlights for sale - 0 posts
2 Bikes For sale - 8 posts
No win no fee - 5 posts
wanting to rent in spain - 2 posts
INEM - 2 posts
Recommended car hire - 0 posts
Help need an english speaking lawyer in lorca area - 5 posts
Galesa water company - 0 posts
MURCIA TO MADRID AIRPORT - 4 posts
Trustworthy property management agent in Malaga for Cerrado del Aguila wanted - 0 posts
Car Hire Excess Insurance - 8 posts
Healthcare when retired. - 3 posts
Looking for a tv repair person/company - 2 posts
Recommended driving routes through France to Mojacar - 6 posts
Canucki has joined!! - 1 posts
DOGS & BEACHES - 9 posts
Help please - Notice headed ´Cédula´received from local court. - 1 posts
LOW LOADER TRANSPORT REQ - 3 posts
Housesitting/Housekeeping/Pet sitting - 0 posts
Enjoying the food in Spain - 23 posts
i want to relist my property on EOS but.... - 4 posts
insulation and builders merchants? - 0 posts
Non Resident Tax Return - 43 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x