New or resale

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by kez74 Star rating in cheshire. 50 posts Send private message

kez74´s avatar

Hello everyone.

Just wondered about the pros and cons of resale properties and new builds..

So far i have found that you cannot get many four bedroom new builds...and that new builds seem to be all piled on top of each other........

If anyone can give me a list of pros and cons of new or resale i would be very grateful........

This message was last edited by kez74 on 4/23/2007.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 7:09 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 83 posts Send private message

I have been to several overseas property expos here in Belfast and I detest the hard sale, sign here to book your inspection trip nonsense.
They also tell porkies, make it sound so easy and profitable, you'll think of buying 6!
Of course all of the above is new or off-plan, when you ask about resale "oh yes sir, we have those too" but they can't show you them and certainly don't want to talk about them.

I have decided I will be buying resale, I went on an inpsection to Murcia region just before xmas, under my own steam, rented an apartment and a car. I made several appointments with various egents before going. Everything I enquired about was resale and I made it clear that under no circumstances would I even consider an off-plan property. Upon arrival I made contact with the agents, they all wanted me to meet at their office, get into their car and go view propereties. I made it quite clear I would be going in my own rental car. Sure enough you view the first resale then they start again about new/off-plan. Thankfully, as I had my own car, I could tell them, "you mention off-plan to me once more and I'm off."
I'm hoping to return June/July, by which time my property in Belfast should be on the market or possibly even sold. This time to the Valencia region and guess what I have found, an agent with little or no new/off-plan property on their books, all resale. I've already made contact with them and they have not been pushy, my friends viewed property with them and although eventually bought through a private sale, had no problems with them.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 7:12 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Kez74.  Where are you thinking of buying? Loads of 4 bed new builds on CB.  Some of the new estates are well laid out depending on which area you want to look at.  I'm not advocating any particular builder but this one came up straight away by the builders I'm using for my new place.

http://www.euromarina.es/index.php?pag=villa&villa=66

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 7:30 PM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

One of the biggest cons about buying resale has to be the sellers!!  It depends where you buy and who you buy from, but if the seller is Spanish then it is very probable that they will have an over inflated opinion about what their property is worth, will not budge from the asking price, and will expect you to hand them a suitcase full of cash for the part of the sale price that they do not wish to declare to the authorities.

(Just going through all this hell myself at the moment!)

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 7:36 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Kez74,  forgive me if I sound a little cynical, but if you search this website (although the search facility still has some tweeking (Justin!!!) to be really effedtive!!) you will find answers to most or your questions.

I don't mean to be critical, but you seem to be asking questions that have readily available answers on this forum. 

Again, I do apologise, but as Janice mentioned in another thread, you can search Google, as well as EOS, to come up with replies!!

Do hope you find what you are looking for! 

This message was last edited by Pitby on 4/23/2007.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 7:45 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

Have you looked around Medina Sidonia- seem to recall a new development was underway a couple of years ago on the approach, all various sized properties- some of them must be resale by now. Plus in the town itself original local houses for resale some refurbished and on immediate outskirts we looked at, though didn't view,  newish detached properties. Nice area, beautiful views, lovely town square. Agree about original property resale prices- saw one that advertised separate outside bathroom- was a WC down a long path and a pipe sticking out of the wall was the shower! Fortunately no close neighbours!

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 8:13 PM by kez74 Star rating in cheshire. 50 posts Send private message

kez74´s avatar

I do apologise pitby ..............but upto now noone seems to have a problem answering anything that i have asked and have been more than helpful with their responses.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 10:30 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry Jerez Girl but i have to disagree with you. Generally i think you can get better value with resale particularly in th e current market with more buyers than sellers. Developers have to rack up sale prices to satisfy higher commissions to agents than they get with resales. Plus you can see what you are buying instead of an artists impression. Avoid anything thats too tired and needs lots of work - on the other side of the coin if it does need work then it may be reflected in the price.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 11:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
If I were buying again I would definitely buy a resale property.  There's nothing like actually seeing and be able to touch what you are buying.  With all the trouble we've had with poor workmanship, unfinished roads, lack of proper utilities, etc, I think we would probably buy something we can actually see next time.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 11:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Blimey, Justin, with advice like that you may risk putting yourself out of business! Luckily for you, there are obviously still many many people buying off-plan. Anyway, I agree with you (& Smiley et al). Much prefer resale.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 12:11 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Mmmm, you're right Roberto, better pretend I prefer off plan again....

Everyone, don't buy resale, buy off plan please

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 4:27 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sorry, Kez74!  Actually, although this has been discussed alot on the forum, the posts are tucked away in different threads!  So, it's probably good that you've started a dedicated thread.

Didn't mean to offend or be unhelpful at all - in fact, just the opposite!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 4/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 12:52 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

hI kez74,

What everybody seems to have overlooked is the fact that new doesn't mean it is not there!!!

There are many key ready properties avaliable that you can negotiate a a discount on,touch it,kick it and criticise the tiles if you want.

I don't advocate new or resale as we sell both,it's horses for courses really.

Imagine nosing around a David Wilson site in the Uk and it's the same here.(without the hard hat;'s)

Regards

georgia

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 1:01 PM by kez74 Star rating in cheshire. 50 posts Send private message

kez74´s avatar

Thanks everyone...i've certainly got alot to think about.i suppose it doesnt matter wether we buy new or resale there is an element of problems with both...........i suppose when we see the right house for us we will no.

Pitby dont worry about your comment (it didnt upset me to much)..........lol.....sometimes the information might be in a thread that has a title with absolutley nothing to do with it..you know how the posts can stray from one thing to another....it would take forever to search through the forums!!!

Thanks for all your help everyone.........

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 1:50 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 3:16 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Sure but some people might want to help others spending hours trawling through the forums and people who dont, dont need to I do not see the problem!!

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 6:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Since everything has been discussed now, why don't we ask Justin to delete all old threads, and we can start all over again?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 6:27 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 4:39 PM by kez74 Star rating in cheshire. 50 posts Send private message

kez74´s avatar

See what i mean the theard started with 'NEW OR RESALE' and we are now on to wether people should use the forum to ask questions or not!!!

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 4:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

El Banditos Puerto Banus - 1 posts
Polaris clause 4.2 - 5 posts
Clause 4.2 Polaris World - 2 posts
Are there any special rules for transporting domestic pets from Hong Kong to Spain - 0 posts
Here you go Smiley... - 31 posts
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb? - 6 posts
Google .. R U missing out ? - 9 posts
new buyer - 12 posts
Webcam 24hrs of the day animals, towns, seasides, places of interest - 0 posts
Part Time Work - 3 posts
83 LOOKY MEN ARRESTED IN MARBELLA - 2 posts
ESCAPED CROCODILE CAPTURED - 0 posts
El Estribo - Sabinillas , CDS - 32 posts
Anyone suggest good lawyer in Guardamar are? - 10 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 2 posts
Disney Land in Murcia. - 13 posts
New Airport??? - 40 posts
occupation licence duquesa. - 14 posts
Advertising for short term rentals - 1 posts
'Bubble' fears hit Spanish property - 3 posts
Why?....Confused! - 2 posts
Stories from Spain - 0 posts
What to Eat (and drink ! ) in the "real" Spain - 5 posts
OPEL ZAFIRA 2.0 DTI FOR SALE - 4 posts
Dunelm's (in the UK) - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x