The Comments
22 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by guss Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

hi folks.

New member Robert here have a apartment in block 16 arenal duquesa

and I visited it on last thursday 19/4/07 it looks in my opinion just ok maybe

I was expecting too much however I called to the town hall in Manilva with

my spanish girlfriend and she had good talk with one of the people dealing

with matters on out development he said no problem with the licence except

that the developer was very late in lodging the final documents as late as feb 07

not all the papers were lodged initaly and they should have been this is causing the delay

they also said they  should be selling cheaper then they are the counsil were meeting

the following day to discuss our licence issues.

they have to inspect the site to check that the specs are correct as per plan.

Robert.

This message was last edited by guss on 4/22/2007.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 2:06 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Hi Guss, & welcome. I also have an apartment in block 16. I actually thought the development looked pretty good although unable to view my actual apartment. Can you place your post on the Arenal Duquesa development site so others can read it? Many thanks.

Alan

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 6:44 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Guss, Manilva town hall is very behind and very disorganised.  I could say some pretty bad things about them but I'll restrain myself.

All you can do is wait....and have a lot of patience!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 4:26 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

eos team?

do you know if we can contact the town hall in manilva ourselves personally to find out what is happening because nobody seems to really know what is the truth with our licences for arenal duquesa

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 12:15 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
peps, they're not a nice bunch generally but you can ask to speak to one of the technicians based at the town hall offices in Sabinillas, although whether they tell you the truth is another matter.  I should have a meeting with them this week and if it goes ahead I will ask for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Apr 2007 1:44 PM by Erin Brokovich Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hello Peps, nice to meet you,

I´ve been speaking with the guy of Arenal Golf Benalmádena on Thursday and I got some news I heard about Arenal 2000, they are in the process to change the administration that apparanteley will be taken by Caja Sur, they have to decide which construction company will continue with the building to finish it and I think it will have to chase the 1º ocupancy licence of Arenal Duquesa as well.  I heard this news from Arenal Golf Benalmádena and that involved as well to Arenal Duquesa as the developer was the same. The bank want to be sure that the new brokers that will invest in the developments are not involved in corruption which I think is a good idea, as the Costa del Sol needs a loundry of people and not of money. I guess that this is the main reason why the first ocupancy licence is taking so long for Arenal Duquesa, but I think it will be granted.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2007 4:31 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

thanks justin, i'd be very grateful if you could find anything out for us.

and thanks erin. we know about all the changeover with arenal but it isn't supposed to have affected phase 1 as it is already at completion stage and just waiting the licences.

suzanne

Like 0      
02 May 2007 5:26 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Hi Justin, just wondered if you gleaned any info last week from Manilva Town Hall re Arenal Duquesa?

Alan

Like 0      
04 May 2007 6:15 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Just want to bump this up so it may catch Justins eye!

Alan

Like 0      
04 May 2007 6:19 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

ha ha   nice one alan

Like 0      
04 May 2007 6:26 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sorry guys, my meeting got cancelled!

What I do know is that it going to take several months before AD gets the licence.

Am trying to get a meeting at theTown Hall for next week.  Will barge my way in if I have to this time!

Will keep you updated.

Like 0      
04 May 2007 6:28 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

I'm sorry you bumped it up now Alan!!

Like 0      
04 May 2007 8:29 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sorry!  Will try and find out more info for you next week.

Like 0      
17 May 2007 6:40 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

did you get your meeting at the town hall justin?

Like 0      
17 May 2007 6:43 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
peps, I tried barging my way in but sort of didn't get very far!

I'm getting really annoyed with the town hall now.  I'll try again next week...it's just very demoralising.

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advertising for short term rentals - 1 posts
'Bubble' fears hit Spanish property - 3 posts
Why?....Confused! - 2 posts
Stories from Spain - 0 posts
What to Eat (and drink ! ) in the "real" Spain - 5 posts
OPEL ZAFIRA 2.0 DTI FOR SALE - 4 posts
Dunelm's (in the UK) - 7 posts
Mortgage Advice - 56 posts
Parpapiro's - Duquesa - Costa del Sol - 4 posts
What do we do with unwanted furniture?? - 8 posts
news from my solicitor - 122 posts
Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts
If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x