New Airport???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by fredmorey Star rating in Dubai UAE. 36 posts Send private message

I am currently working on a new airport project in Dubai and have heard a rumour that a new international airport is being planned for the Murcia area.Anyone heard similar rumours?

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 4:11 PM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar

You're right the new airport is at Corvera in Murcia and will not replace San Javier airport.There was an article in the local free English papers when I was over in Spain a couple of weeks ago.

If you do a google search yu should be able to find out more info!

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 5:48 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 5:59 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Janice,

Thanks for info on airport very interesting. Now how about this Disney rumour?? Go girl

Gina

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 6:20 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 10:37 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

From another site........and a new airport in Corvera is due to be finished in 2007.

Seeing as it was somewhat wet we went for a drive around Corvera on Saturday, no sign of any major construction, even at Corvera G & C C, my question is.......which Polaris World site is going to be on the flight path? I can't find any plans anywhere to show the direction of the runway, but from the lie of the mountains, one of the resorts must be on the flight path, so which one will it be?

Just look what happens when it rains, you think of all sorts of things to do. It had been bugging me for a while

Mike

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 10:46 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Googled a bit further....

The airport will be built in Corvera and is expected to open in 2010

The contract for construction and management of the Murcia Region’s new international airport is to be awarded on Friday, according to reports, when the winner of the four bids on the table will be announced.

It’s to be built in Corvera and is expected to open in 2010 with an initial annual passenger volume of 1.5 million. That will double once the facilities are fully operational.
The budget for the work is 185 million €.

and also.....

The new international Murcia airport at Corvera

The new international Murcia airport at Corvera (approx. 20 km south of Murcia City) will soon be a reality. The article below, taken from La Verdad (30.03.2006), the most important local newspaper in the Murcia region, describes the following interesting facts:

1. The final OK from the Minister (Fomento) is now given. From now on the execution is in the hand of the local Murcia government. It was already announced by the regional president, Luis Ramón Valcarcel, that no more time will be lost and execution of the project will happen without further delay.

2. Due to an enormous increase of tourism in Murcia it is now estimated that 200.000 passengers will fly into Murcia region in the opening year of the airport. After 4 years 1,5 million passengers are expected. In the first phase of construction an investment of 140 million Euros will be made and about 675 jobs will be created.

3. The local government of Murcia region will commence the construction of the project at the end of 2006.

4. Building work will commence in early 2007 and the project should be then completed within 2 years. It is likely that in spring 2009 you can book your flight to Murcia International Airport Corvera.

and somebodies on the ball

Simple and secure online quote and booking in 3 easy steps. We compare the Rates from all the Major suppliers at Corvera Airport, so you can be sure of getting the best rate for your Car Hire at Corvera Airport and Car Rental at Corvera Airport

Mike

Like 0      
21 May 2007 7:17 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Most recent update that I can find

Low-cost airlines to transfer operations to future Murcia International Airport

May 2, 2007 - 7:46 PM

They currently operate out of San Javier and will move to the new airport when it opens towards the beginning of 2010

The chief of the regional public works department, Joaquín Bascuñana, has confirmed that the four low-cost airlines which currently operate out of San Javier will move over to the new Murcia International Airport in Corvera when it opens. That’s expected for the end of 2009 or the beginning of 2010.

The companies concerned are Ryanair, Jet2, Easyjet and Air
Berlin, who, according to Bascuñana, have all said they will increase the number of routes they currently operate.

He’s also said that special training courses will be on offer for studies related to airport employment. Residents of Fuente Alamo, Valladolises, Corvera and Los Martínez del Puerto will be given priority for jobs.

Mike

Like 0      
24 May 2007 7:32 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Re Polaris Resorts

Looks like La Torre & La Loma are closest to the flight plan

Will post a map when I can work it out

Regds

Mike

Like 0      
24 May 2007 7:36 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

NO NO NO that should have been El Valle & La Loma

Senile old git that I am

Mike

Like 0      
24 May 2007 8:00 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

http://www.clubmurcia.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=357

Can't add the map, these are the only details that I could find

Regds

Mike

Like 0      
24 May 2007 8:56 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Mike

Thanks for all your info on the new airport - very interesting. I read on another site that the low cost airlines currently operating out of San Javier will swop to Corvera mainly due to the restrictions that San Javier impose on them at the moment - ie, the times that the airport is open. The last time we flew out of San Javier in April the pilot for jet 2 was wanting to get away asap as the airport closes at 11pm I believe. Seems incredible that the airport authorities are spending so much San Javier in view of Corvera opening in a few years. Any views?

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:07 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Information Regarding Corvera Airport

SACYR VALLEHERMOSO a Madrid Company will build and manage Murcia`s International Airport

http://www.gruposyv.com/vallehermoso/Door?OPERATION=utils&FUNCTION=download&ID=/gestion/gestorAcc_noticias_en/20/aeropmurciaING.pdf

San Javier belongs to the national airport operator, Aena, while Corvera is a project of the Murcia region itself. The contract for the new airport has been awarded to the Aeromur consortium, which is lead by the Sacyr group. The airport will be built and operated over a 40-year concession period. The new airport is expected to receive its first flights in 2009. Low cost airlines were quick to react to the announcement, with reports that within hours of the award, Jet2 and Easyjet had been in contact with the winning consortium that has been talking with some 15 budget airlines over the past few months. The big attraction of the new airport at Corvera is that it will operate 24-hours a day - unlike San Javier which is restricted mainly to afternoon and evening operations as the facility is shared with the Spanish air force. That hasn't stopped Aenea investing heavily, however, in new facilities there, including a new runway and a second control tower which are expected to open this year. Corvera will feature one runway with a modern passenger terminal, parking and all other facilities. The terminal will have an area of 28,000 square metres with nine air bridges allowing direct access to aircraft. The construction cost is estimated at 185 million euros.

The forecast usage for the opening year is five million passengers, with this rising to nine million in 2015 and more than 14 million in 2030. Other members of the Aeromur group include Cajamurcia, Caja de Ahorros del Mediterráneo, Grupo Fuertes, Cementos La Cruz, Grupo Monthisa and Inocsa.  The award of the concession was made after an international competition and assessment of proposals. No money is being put into the development by the regional government with the concession holder responsible for all expenditure. Corvera is located near Fuente Alamo, and is well placed to serve the whole of Murcia. It is also close to motorways connecting to Alicante, so Aena could face competition for its airport there as well as at San Javier from an aggressive new private operator. No wonder, the low-cost airlines have already been in touch and stiff price competition can be expected when landing fees and service charges are discussed in the future. Provisional figures from Aena show traffic grew strongly at San Javier during 2006, with a total of 1,646,886, passengers, an increase of 16.2 percent. Aircraft movements totaled 18,236, up 7.1 percent. Airlines serving San Javier are Air Berlin, British Airways, Easyjet, Flybe, Iberia, Jet2, Monarch, Norwegian and Ryanair. Traffic is also strong this year, with 211,246 passengers in the first two months and 2,502 aircraft movements.Round Town News  

I think the flight paths may go over Sucina and Balsicas so may go over PW  Hacienda Requelme.

Davey

Like 0      
25 May 2007 12:02 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Davey

I've copied, pasted, resized and generally messed around. I've scanned a google map of the area and pasted the plan of the area onto it. All depends how accurate the plan is, it wouldn't take much to make a vast difference to the flight path. My best guess is right over La Loma, so also close to El Valle & Mosa Trajectum. If you're at La Tercia, it could be close but I think just to the West of you.

However I'm sure that I've read that the area around Hacienda Riquelme is a no fly zone, so a bit contradictory and HR is only a couple of degrees away from you

Sounds typically Spanish & good to see Huma isn't mentioned

Regds

Mike

Like 0      
25 May 2007 4:36 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

How have you detirmined the flight paths? How do you think the new Condado de Alhama resort will be affected? We cant work it out because we dont know how the routes are worked - only that most flights never seem to be a direct A-B route.

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
25 May 2007 7:57 PM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

JHMurcia

I merely pasted the plan onto the map and drew a stright line. Within a few miles of the runway planes would be going fairly stright, but not always. From San Javier the planes take off and swing round fairly quickly. Hadn't thought about Condado de Alhama (NIMBY) will try and work it out when I'm back at work, as CdA isn't covered by my map here. I've driven past but can't remember exactly where it is

Regds

Mike

Like 0      
25 May 2007 10:17 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Hi All

You may like to check out this flight plan, not to sure if it is still up to date but it does give you some idea of the lay of the land. The image is not of a good  quality. Best we have at the moment 

http://www.murcia-golf.co.uk/Flightpath.htm

Davey

Like 0      
25 May 2007 10:31 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

davey- found that really useful especially when I went into the photogallery because there is a map with the proposed airport on it. We know Condado lies below the proposed airport but dont/didnt know how we may be affected by flight paths. Hard to have an opinion on it when we may end up using it.

(PS- what does NIMBY stand for - mikenmandy's post)

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
25 May 2007 10:46 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

JHMurcia

Re MikenMandys post  I think it could mean NOT IN MY BACK YARD, best wait for a reply from MikenMandy to confrirmthat one.

Glad you found the link useful, 

Davey 

Like 0      
25 May 2007 10:57 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

oh well, I suppose no-one wants to be directly under a flight path but with expansion if we're not today we could be in the future. Our agent told us about the new airport and the expectation that it should start taking flights from 2009 so its not new  news to us, but we've found the general information on the threads useful. We understood that Polaris plan a shuttle service so they're clearly expecting their residents and guests to make good use of it.

Jan & Mike

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

occupation licence duquesa. - 14 posts
Advertising for short term rentals - 1 posts
'Bubble' fears hit Spanish property - 3 posts
Why?....Confused! - 2 posts
Stories from Spain - 0 posts
What to Eat (and drink ! ) in the "real" Spain - 5 posts
OPEL ZAFIRA 2.0 DTI FOR SALE - 4 posts
Dunelm's (in the UK) - 7 posts
Mortgage Advice - 56 posts
Parpapiro's - Duquesa - Costa del Sol - 4 posts
What do we do with unwanted furniture?? - 8 posts
news from my solicitor - 122 posts
Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 41

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x