I want to buy a "Hot Tub", any suggestions please?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by chrisalan Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi all

I wish to buy a hot tub for the roof of my apartment on  Condado de Alhama.  I thought of trying to buy second hand from Spanish Ebay, (seems the cheapest way of doing it) but of course it is in Spanish and I am no way fluent enough to read it all, apart from transferring all the words to my translation package each time I cannot understand what I would be buying.  Also, if it is second hand, does anyone know who would be able to install it for me? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe you know of a really good sensibly priced supplier?

Thanks

Like 0      
02 Apr 2010 10:57 AM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Just a thought, but if you buy one ebay, think of transport costs. as they are very heavy. can put you in contact with someone for a quote on new one if you like. That will give you something to price against.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2010 11:04 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

If you look on the noticeboard outside Margaret's (The supermarket on Camposol A section) you may see one advertised. We managed to buy one from  MCC and transport from there to our place near La Pinilla cost 100 Euros.

If you want details of who we used please let me know.

Jean

Like 0      
03 Apr 2010 11:31 AM by richard4848uk Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

03 Apr 2010 11:56 AM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

There was a thread on here re. inflatable Hot tubs which did seem to be popular with people, seemed a whole lot cheaper and I would imagine easier transport.  good luck

Kathy

Like 0      
03 Apr 2010 1:19 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Hi,

If you are planning to put this onto the roof of your appartment, just make sure that the roof has sufficient load bearing capacity. Some of the larger hot tubs, when filled can easily weigh up to 2 tonnes.

I wouldn't like to think of your roof-top installation becoming a basement feature !!

Like 0      
03 Apr 2010 3:32 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Why dont you download and install the Google toolbar and it will translate the Spainish Ebay site to English if you set that as your preference

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2010 5:37 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

We purchased an inflatable Lay-Z-Spa hot tub from from Costa Spa and I seem to recall it cost 600€.

It is certainly good value for money and great fun.

The original thread that 1962 is referring to is here.

Hope this helps.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 3:37 PM by DavidDB Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Chrisalan, 

what did you go for in the end. I am thinking of doing the same thing on my roof. They were great in the UK been told good in Spain but wanted your thoughts. 

Thanks

David

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 11:52 PM by chrisalan Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi DavidDB

We bought a Lay Z Spa and it is great, so easy to keep clean and quickish to refill when we have to drain it and refill, takes a while to heat in colder months but very quick in summer.

Good value for money.

Where abouts are you in Spain?

Good Luck

Chris and Alan

Like 0      
10 Mar 2011 10:32 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Eroski have sent around a summer garden magazine and they have the inflatable Lay-Z-Spa for EUR489

are they any good?

Like 0      
12 Mar 2011 11:22 AM by chrisalan Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Sounds good to me, if it states "Lay Z Spa, I am sure it must be the same make although there is several different models, you make want to check out the model on there website.

Regards

Chrisalan

Like 0      
12 Mar 2011 1:49 PM by CM84 Star rating. 51 posts Send private message

There was one for sale on costabuysell.com the other day. Not sure if its still there but was really cheap

Like 0      
12 Mar 2011 2:16 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Hot Tubs are great fun try to buy the biggest you can as everyone will want to jump in you can get Multi Media tubs now but they are quite expensive we use ours all the time great after a hard day at the office

Rod

Like 0      
15 Mar 2011 6:26 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

hi we have a lazy spa and though we enjoy using it we have found that the canvas cover has not worn well in the hot sun. But hot tubs are lots of fun and very relaxing.

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
25 Jun 2011 10:55 AM by fadi Star rating in China. 1 posts Send private message

fadi´s avatar

Own a hot tub is really great. Just soaking in it and relaxing your tired body.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

help with proxies - 2 posts
FACUA Spanish consumer organisation - 0 posts
long term rentals - 4 posts
MOT - 0 posts
ITV HD launches full HD channel on SKy and Freesat - 7 posts
So clever! - 9 posts
HIKE IN THE CREVILLENTE MOUNTAINS - 0 posts
Opening a Spanish Bank account in the Los Montesinos/Torreviaja area - any good advice? - 10 posts
La Mairena to La Cala - 4 posts
Legal Informtion - 17 posts
Fixtures and Fittings - Can They Be Excluded From The Sale Price To Reduce Tax - 6 posts
Spanish Property Scandal - 18 posts
need - 0 posts
Proxy forms - 5 posts
opinions - 84 posts
AGM Agenda - 7 posts
Car spray paint - 9 posts
Endesa Online help - 7 posts
Habitation certificates are imminent - 4 posts
I've just had another birthday (29th March, not 29th birthday!) - 4 posts
Advise on property purchase in duquesa - 17 posts
Justin and Maria - 2 posts
Girlfriend Wanted - 23 posts
Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x