opinions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Why, oh why do people with a strong negative view on any thread, feel such a compulstion to shout it out.  Often in an agresive and hurtful way. As if their opinion is the only true opinion. While the people with a positive view seem to keep quiet?

There are as many opinions on any given subject as there are people on this earth. And all are correct for the person who holds them.

I would have any one that wears a football shirt (be they player or fan) rounded up, put in a field and shot.  

I would have any one that whines about the country they are living in rounded up, put in a field and shot.

I would have any one that drives their car without insurance, a driving license and mot rounded up, put in a field and shot.

I would have any one that thinks marmite is horrid rounded up, put in a field and shot.

This is only my opinion.

What's yours!

Regards, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 6:53 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Personally, I just LOVE marmite!!   ("-")

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 7:04 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

To any VIEWERS of this thread.

PLEASE post a reply, any reply. Even if it's to say you think this is silly.

Get involved. Have your say.

Take care, regards, Febe

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 7:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

In answer to your question, it's a simple matter of human nature and emotions. Why when our flight is delayed 5 minutes do we kick off, but when it arrives on time we think nothing about it? Why don't we go and thank the pilot for doing exactly what we paid him to do, or write to the airline thanking them for a job well done? When something pleases us, or we agree with something, we feel good and that's enough, but when something upsets us or offends us, it's natural that we try to do something about it, change it. What's so strange about that?

If you thought that any of your stated pet hates would seriously upset anyone, would you have voiced them here? I think you chose them carefully, because you knew that nobody would particularly disagree with you, or have a strong opinion one way or another. There are no doubt other topics you could have thought of, which you just know will cause an outburst of negativity, so if you can't take it, don't post it.

P.S. love Marmite!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 7:12 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I would like to turn this around and say all the things I love in this world...

children playing

smiling faces

people talking to each other in animated conversation

a good bottle of wine

a great meal

my lovely husband

my lovely family - in the UK and my extended family here in the UK which includes all my great mates

I could go on all day

As for the negatives... there's only one I agree with and that's uninsured drivers.

Life's too short to whine... my glass is more than half full.

Irene

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 8:00 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Roberto, Thanks for your reply.

I see what you mean re. negativity. I han'nt thought of it that way. If you're happy, you're happy. Makes sence to me.

I did'nt put any thought into the pet hates I put down. I'm not trying to get a negitive response. Or upset any one. The things I put down were off the top of my head. You credit me with far more intelligence than I possess. Thank you.

Irene and Alan,

What a lovely post. May I add....

White lillies, they smell so good.

Spring rain, it brings out all the herby scents around here.

My bath and dish washer, if I still had them!

Roasted dog with garlic. Now that could sort out the unwanted dog problems could'nt it! PLEASE NOTE. This is a joke.

Take care, Febe

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 8:20 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Febe

I dont think theres a field big enough

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 8:20 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Febe, I agree with all your post & would add ,anyone who feels the need to take a set of golf clubs on holiday. Or play the game .

Any policeman who has been convicted of a criminal offence, who is still in the force. ( 1000+ @ the moment. )

All drug dealers , rapists & murders.

Anyone caught with a gun or knife.

Car thieves.

Anyone who abuses soldiers dead or alive who are serving their country.

The majority of politicians.

Mobile phone users when driving.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 9:04 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

People (usually teenagers) who wear their jeans half way down their bums! oohh the urge to give them a tug

people talking loudly on mobile phones on the train

people who queue jump

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 9:09 PM by Maggy Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

I LOVE:

Having my health, walking in the countryside, eating the foods I like, having a nice glass of wine, being thankful for everyday I am alive, my kids, my partner, living in a civilized part of the world (it may not be perfect but hey, where is!).

I HATE:

Tomatoes, fish, male chauvanists, bullyies, lazy people.... I could go on but I won't I need my glass of wine now.....................

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 9:27 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

I LOVE: Most things Spanish including Spain, Good (in my opinion) music, Fridays, Justin is going to love me for this one: Eye On Spain.

I HATE: Negative and boring people, people who judge others. Sundays.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 9:27 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

This has got to be" probably the best thread in the world''

It gives us all the chance to be both positive and negative without anyone trying to change/ disagree with OUR opinions

So to my mind this thread should be  arguement and abuse free!!!!

Nah! sounds to got to be true, or does it? 

This message was last edited by David W on 31/03/2010.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 9:45 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Philevans,

We could allways use Wales, not that I have anything against the Welsh, one of my best friends is Welsh.

Guslopez,

Have you ever voted? The only time I voted was for the 'Monster Raving Looney Party'. They did'nt get in, thank God.

Alan and Tracy,

Done that. When one of my girls brought (bought is past tence of 'to buy', brought is past tence of 'to bring'. Is that correct?) a boy friend round, with his jeans hanging round his bum...........What can I say?......I've got the Devil in me! At least he had clean pants on!

Maggy,

What have tomatoes ever done to you?

Add to love list......

Computers that are working well.

Add to hate list....

Computers that have a mind of their own and will only download pdf, pnd, ttfn, lol, sad and pms files when they want to.

Take care, Febe

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 10:21 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Sorry to reply so much, not like me.

Sunrise,

Peolpe who judge others..........I'm with you there. 'Let the man who is without sin cast the first stone'  I have made so many mistakes in my life that I never judge others. Live and let live. OK, so murders, rapists and drug dealers, politicans, car thieves and 'so called' builders can all be rounded up, put in a field and shot! Including peopleon mobile phones whilst driving and the bas***d bus driver that re-aranged the back end of my Seat when parked legaly!

DavidW.

I love you, and would have your children if I were not married to the best man in the world.

This is not the place to put people down. This is not the place make people feel stupid. This is not the place to vent your spleen.

GO ELSE WHERE IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT.

Share your opinion on any subject here.

I will not be offended. I hope that no one here will be offended. That is not the point of this thread.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 10:55 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Im with David ... this HAS to be the best thread on EOS right now

LOVES ....... (in addition to Marmite) ..... my hubby who is my soul mate and my best friend etc etc (awwww ), my children, my dog, my place in Spain (wish we could just up sticks and move over on a permanent basis), walking on the beach with soft sand under my feet and the sun slowly setting on the horizon, good food (veggie for me please) shared with friends who ensure the evening is full of fun n laughter, watching the Olympics (especially athletics ) ... the list could go on

HATES ...... drivers who obviously dont know what an indicator is (I wish I had a crystal ball stuck to the dashboard of my car), biggots, hypocrits, murders/rapist/pervs (etc), Monday mornings when I just know I will have an endless array of emails to respond to at work, footie (sorry any footie fans out there), my bank balance towards the end of the month () ... hmmm this list could go on and on too but I would bore others (and myself) too!!

HAPPY DAYS

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 11:07 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

Marmite

hot buttered toast with strawberry jam

the sight and sound of a crackling fire on a cold winters evening

my OH and children

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 11:39 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Wend691

Whats an indicator and is it near that thing people call a kitchen....whatever that is... I know, I'll go and stand in the field.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 11:50 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Hate: threads that anger or upset me and cause me to be negative

Love: threads that make me smile and remember that it's much nicer feeling positive. Thanks Febe.  

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 12:34 AM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I dream of the next 3 years going so fast ready for my early retirment, to cabo roig, with my wife, better put that in early.

Rum & coke in a tall glass with ice, just sitting in the front garden watching the world go by, I may get a Dog?

No news to read or see, swim if I want, rum and coke in a----- i've said that one, rum--oh!

That will do, 1st May 3 weeks in Spain,

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 2:18 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

LOVE this - can't help but smile when I watch it.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AGM Agenda - 7 posts
Car spray paint - 9 posts
Endesa Online help - 7 posts
Habitation certificates are imminent - 4 posts
I've just had another birthday (29th March, not 29th birthday!) - 4 posts
Advise on property purchase in duquesa - 17 posts
Justin and Maria - 2 posts
Girlfriend Wanted - 23 posts
Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts
Low cost airline Edinburgh to Barcelona - 1 posts
Interesting programmes on SKY TV - 1 posts
No Weather this Week? - 1 posts
Working in Altea - 2 posts
In need of help!!! - 5 posts
Large quantity of baby boy clothes - 0 posts
Places to Visit - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
IVF in Spain - 0 posts
Demolitions appeal accepted - 3 posts
driving from barcelona to cartagena - 1 posts
Is Spain finally moving out of recession? - 24 posts
Easter processions Malaga - 7 posts
Signing title deeds for a property in Spain - 6 posts
Awning for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 85

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x