Proxy forms

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

Our proxy forms has a list of the items on the agenda and a tick box for each item stating for/against/abstain it also states that if the form is not completed ie each box ticked then the form is invalid. I disagree with this as the owners not in attendance have not heard the arguments for or against and that the form is not a proxy form but a postal vote. At our AGM a vote was taken on the proposal that the forms should be left blank . The vote was 1 against and 48 for. The one against was the former president who said that the vote had to be unanimous so the proposal failed. Is this correct and who decides what is a unanimous vote and what is a majority vote?

This version of the form was voted in at a meeting some years ago.

grateful for any comments

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 7:56 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Don't you just love community meetings!

If just one person votes against a motion in the meeting then it cannot be passed. That's the law!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 1:42 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Tut tut, Justin, you need to do some revision! Suggested bedtime reading tonight, Horizontal Law, Section 17. Most resolutions only require a simple majority of those attending the meeting.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/horizontal-laws.pdf

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 9:39 AM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

Thank you Roberto, Having read section 17, it seems to me that it only needed a majority vote on this matter as it is not covered in our statutes, do you agree?

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 9:44 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hmm, on reading this you are right, but the three administrators we have had have always followed the procedure I mentioned below.

Now I'm confused...although that doesn't take much these days!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 5:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

That's my understanding - very few things actually need a unanimous vote. Menos mal, because in 99.99% of communities, that's probably impossible!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

opinions - 84 posts
AGM Agenda - 7 posts
Car spray paint - 9 posts
Endesa Online help - 7 posts
Habitation certificates are imminent - 4 posts
I've just had another birthday (29th March, not 29th birthday!) - 4 posts
Advise on property purchase in duquesa - 17 posts
Justin and Maria - 2 posts
Girlfriend Wanted - 23 posts
Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts
Low cost airline Edinburgh to Barcelona - 1 posts
Interesting programmes on SKY TV - 1 posts
No Weather this Week? - 1 posts
Working in Altea - 2 posts
In need of help!!! - 5 posts
Large quantity of baby boy clothes - 0 posts
Places to Visit - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
IVF in Spain - 0 posts
Demolitions appeal accepted - 3 posts
driving from barcelona to cartagena - 1 posts
Is Spain finally moving out of recession? - 24 posts
Easter processions Malaga - 7 posts
Signing title deeds for a property in Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x