ITV HD launches full HD channel on SKy and Freesat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Currently shown on Sky HD receiver channel 178
And freesat receiver 119

Sky HD receivers are getting a mixture of the freesat free to air astra 2d horixzontal frequency, and the FTV versions - all depending on the regions of your sky card.

So for freesat and Sky HD boxes with no card you wil be getting the the weaker astra 2d horizontal frequency...and so reception as per BBC2...(another blow for Freesat HD!)

Yet, even with sky cards, you may have to add ITVHD as an "other channels" scanning the 11973v frequency...as you version on 178 may be allocated as the freesat / free to air version!

For example, a sky card getting ITV1 West will have the sky card version of ITV1 HD on 178, yet one for Tyne Tees is getting the freesat / free to air version....

Ultimately you will not know which version you will have on 178 until you have had a go and see if you can get ITV1 HD without you card inserted.!

Although apart from a few moves, the first true HD programme made in HD for ITV will not be on until Tuesday at the earliest - all others will be upscaled!

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
13 Apr 2010 1:58 PM by wheltonpat Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Can you give me some more information on the future of Freesat here on the Costa Blanca (Torrevieja)?  I have a 2.4 m dish and Humax HD box and have had no problems with any of my channels.  However, I have just heard and I quote "Astra 1N will be deployed at 28E in Q2 2011 to open up the Astra 2C frequency sub band.  This is bad news for most expats - the mission is to provide extra spotbeam capacity for the UK!  Undoubtedly the "spot beam technology" will have moved on since 2D
was created making fringe reception unlikely from the new Astra 1N satellite."  Does this mean that we will start losing channels?

Regards

Pat

Like 0      
13 Apr 2010 2:53 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Ive heard that the only way soon to get sky sat tv will be broad band internet in future.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2010 3:43 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Nothing official has been released about where 1N is going when it is launched in 12+ months time, as It may go to 19 or 23 east instead (the latter being the most popular choice as this is where it was first mentioned in 1ns press release).  As nothing has been relased officailly, location and reception is all speculation and guesswork. First reports were that it was going to 28 to replace 2c that moved away from there a few years ago, and to make EXTRA space - presumably for more HD channels, and to provide back up for any failures. However, its placement (and reception) is subject to speculation, as it was also said it would be going to 19 east and then 23.5 east, the latter being its last location on the astra website - so who knows where it will be going. If the person who posted that read further along the thread where he saw that then he would know all of this anyway - that the location has not been finalised rather than just posting things without having all the facts.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 13/04/2010.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
13 Apr 2010 3:47 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Ive heard that the only way soon to get sky sat tv will be broad band internet in future.

Until internet servers and speeds are able to handle all the channels then this is unlikely - many satellite channels transmit at 4mps, and HD even higher. And at the moment satellite is a much more effiecient and cheaper method for the broadcasters. So unlikely in the short or medium term.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
13 Apr 2010 4:58 PM by wheltonpat Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Very pleasant ..........  I wanted to find out some information and now I have.  Don't need the acerbic comments.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2010 5:18 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Apologies.

Maybe the person you "heard" it from only noticed this part of the discussion on a satellite related website and not the rest of the discussion....where someone asks "what does this mean in Spain"" and some one else posted "depends where 1n ends up"....and the fact that 1n's destination is unknown...Chineese whispers can miss out important and the latest information....thats what I was refering to.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 13/04/2010.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
13 Apr 2010 6:18 PM by wheltonpat Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Accepted.  Someone had sent that to me from the UK, so had not seen the other site.  Thanks for the info.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

So clever! - 9 posts
HIKE IN THE CREVILLENTE MOUNTAINS - 0 posts
Opening a Spanish Bank account in the Los Montesinos/Torreviaja area - any good advice? - 10 posts
La Mairena to La Cala - 4 posts
Legal Informtion - 17 posts
Fixtures and Fittings - Can They Be Excluded From The Sale Price To Reduce Tax - 6 posts
Spanish Property Scandal - 18 posts
need - 0 posts
Proxy forms - 5 posts
opinions - 84 posts
AGM Agenda - 7 posts
Car spray paint - 9 posts
Endesa Online help - 7 posts
Habitation certificates are imminent - 4 posts
I've just had another birthday (29th March, not 29th birthday!) - 4 posts
Advise on property purchase in duquesa - 17 posts
Justin and Maria - 2 posts
Girlfriend Wanted - 23 posts
Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts
Low cost airline Edinburgh to Barcelona - 1 posts
Interesting programmes on SKY TV - 1 posts
No Weather this Week? - 1 posts
Working in Altea - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x