Inflatable Spa Jacuzzi Hot Tub

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi does anyone know of a reliable company that sells or stocks inflatable jacuzzi spas in the Costa Del Sol? I feel like chilling on my terrace with a nice glass of wine in a jacuzzi and have heard that the portable inflatable spas are fantastic. Unfortunately I dont have the 5k to spend thus why I want one of the inflatable ones. If any eyeonspain users are feeling flush and want to buy me a 5k spa please feel free to do so

Thanks guys

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 3:13 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Sounds lovely! And if they're feeling really flush they could buy me one too! I have the perfect space just waiting ....

Anyway, I don't know the name of the shop, but if you drive from Manilva to Estepona along the coast road (N340), there is a shop on the main road (sea front) just past the turning for the bus station in Estepona (but before you reach the next roundabout - so only maybe 30 yeards or so?) .... they have an inflatable one in the window .....

Let me know what you think if you're going to check them out!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 3:46 PM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thank you buzylizzie

If anybody is flush enough they now need to buy two lol. Problem solved anyhow just been on www.costaspa.com and they are delivering and setting one up tomorrow, how is that for service ... See Im happy now

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 4:14 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Wow - they're really cheap!

Please let us know what you think - I could be tempted myself at those prices

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 4:36 PM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thats what I thought they are so cheap, well worth the money..  just think this time tomorrow I will be sitting in my jacuzzi drink in one hand chilling out looking at the stars bubbling away lol.

When I spoke to them they where really friendly and helpful not pushey at all very impressed so far will keep you informed

Like 0      
07 Aug 2009 2:12 PM by ukkyle Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Just thought I would let everyone know, my jacuzzi hot tub came yesterday and last night I got in it, All I can say is amazing ... glass of wine well a bottle lol and 36 degrees water perfect why spend 5k on a jacuzzi for your terrace when you can get them for less that 500 euros and they are the exact same. The guy that came out to set up was really nice and pleasant, left full instructions, dvd and spare chemicals.

I can recommend costa spa - best 500 euros I ever spent this is a must forr every terrace www.costaspa.com

Like 0      
07 Aug 2009 9:48 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Shame they don't come up to our neck of the woods .

Mark

Like 0      
08 Aug 2009 10:25 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi ukkyle,

We'd actually been talking about these in the office a few months back and were wondering where you could buy one and how much they'd be.  500 euros does sound reasonable.  My only worry would be is how easy would it be to accidently burst it?

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2009 10:28 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I started looking around last night and found these in the UK for £399. I have emailed them for weight and size specs with a view to sending one over from here. Having seen some similar in The Range, they seem to be as thick as the large inflatable swimming pools you can get, so should be pretty tough.

MArk

Like 0      
20 Sep 2009 12:28 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Been on the phone a few times to these guys at Costa Spa and they sound a very professional outfit.

No sales pitch, just straight forward no-nonsense informal chat and know their subject.

So after thinking about it for some time, and as Sanchez1 said we had been talking about these in the office a few months back, today I've taken 'the plunge' and ordered a Lay-Z-Spa Premium and they are delivering and setting it up tomorrow morning!

Can't wait... tomorrow evening will be sat in our own Jacuzzi... glass of chilled wine in had... Na! What am I talking about, you all know it will be a Cerveza!!!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 20/09/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
20 Sep 2009 5:57 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

sounds great, might even work here inside a greenhouse or some such.

the drought ended recently and though heavily sun burnt we only got the odd balmy evening for an outdoor use.

can you throw in some magic chemicals to help the old bones or is the wine essential?

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
20 Sep 2009 7:24 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I'm sure that if you went to an indoor spa in the UK you would see what benefit it has for old bones and new bones... wine or no wine!

My Dad is undergoing Hydrotherapy as we speak, and in his words it is 'a godsend'!

As for me, I've worked hard all my life! I've re-located to Spain and still have to work to pay the bills, mortgage , etc... just like most folk.

But what better way to relax every time I come home from work.

Nuff said!!!!

Can't wait until tomorrow!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
21 Sep 2009 7:15 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Jacuzzi delivered ... Installed... and has just reached 39 degrees Celsius!

Can't wait to try it!!!

Gonna wait until it get's dark... open a really nice bottle of Cava... and go for a dip in our own Jacuzzi... under the stars!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
21 Sep 2009 10:25 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

OMG!!!

Wow!

Wow!!

Wow!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 12:08 AM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Hi TechNoApe this sounds like the answer to the age old question ,What do you buy  the man who  has everything ?

Do you think they sell them in Scotland ? I don't  think  they would  be tough enough to withstand a Scottish winter outdoors  but who knows it is the OHS 's birthday in a few days I might stick one in the garage and hope for the best ,I could always paint stars on the ceiling and warm the cava up to slightly above freezing point .

The real  trouble will be avoiding  frost bite on the 2 min journey back into the house !!!!!!!!            Enjoy    MM

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 12:13 AM by freddie06 Star rating in Ireland. 21 posts Send private message

I know it is a lot to ask but can we have photos please of it.........................

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 10:36 AM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

These are available in the UK - see the link below.  I considered one for home, but unfortunately they need to be taken in during the winter (with our weather), but look like a great idea for Spain - when I am able to go over more often!!

Link below.

Ted

http://www.drinkstuff.com//products/inflatable-hot-tubs.asp?nav=left

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 11:53 AM by stonephil Star rating in Stone Staffordshire .... 399 posts Send private message

stonephil´s avatar

Word of warning to anyone thinking about buying a Lay-z-spa by Bestway.

I bought one in the UK a couple of years ago and have had nothing but problems with it.

The spa itself is fine and when it is working is great fun, the problem is the heater / filter unit. In 18 months I had 4 replacements to the original. The unit just stops working. The latest two have now had an electronic cut out installed ,which turns the thing off after a pre defined time (12 hrs I think) .

A replacement unit costs about £250 once your 12 months warranty has expired so is a big cost

I am certainly not alone with these problems, look on ebay for comments from others.

It may be that the heater just cannot cope with the UK ambient temps and it will be fine in Spain where it should not have to work so hard to maintain the temperature.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 3:17 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Stonephil,

The new 2009 model has had some improvements to the pump and is fitted with an RCD.

And as you say it probably doesn't have to work so hard in Spain to maintain the temperature, as last night I switched the heater off just after 9.30pm and I put the cover back on, then at 12.50 when I switched the filter off,  it was still 35 degrees. Also the cover is zip fastened onto the new model, so I suppose it helps keep the heat in.

Ted H and MagicMeg,

As Ted H they are also available in the UK.

It took less than 2 hours to set up the Spa and fill it, and then 5 hours later it was ready to use. So even if you can't use it that much during the Winter months, you should be ok from Spring through to Autumn methinks even in Scotland!

Freddie06,

Will do and will post them in this thread, but won't include pics of me in it, as Green Peace may call on my door and try and put me back in the ocean!

All I can say is that we paid about 5,000€ less than we would have for a similar sized fixed Spa, and it would then have cost over 2,500€ to hire a crane and have it installed on our roof terrace, which is three floors up from the Garden, and the Garden is about 18ft up from the road at it's lowest point. Oh! And I forgot, they wanted 500€ to deliver it from Alicante!!!

Let's do the math: 8,000€ vs 600€

So to me, it seems money well spent on what would be a very luxury item to have... without the luxury cost.

Will be in it again tonight, beer in hand!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 22/09/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 3:23 PM by stonephil Star rating in Stone Staffordshire .... 399 posts Send private message

stonephil´s avatar

Technoape,

I sincerely hope you don't have the problems I have encountered, we had one of the first units to be imported into the UK and it sounds as if they have made some improvements.

Even with all of the problems we encounted it has still been fantastic and as you say the price is great

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

in search of a suitable pueblo - 11 posts
Cap and Collar Limits on Mortgages? - 5 posts
Driving a Spanish registered/insured car belonging to a friend - 5 posts
Why is fruit so bad in Spain - 22 posts
Monarch Airlines criticised by CIT Marbella - 0 posts
Replies (WHAT IS THIS ?) - 7 posts
Article re BGs - 2 posts
Article from lawyer about litigating BGs - 6 posts
"the truth at last " - 0 posts
Horizontal law and cost of lifts! - 25 posts
Toyota Yaris for sale - 4 posts
Petition stand up and be counted - 1 posts
AIFOS AND LAWSUITS - 4 posts
New photos of road from Coto Real to Duquesa Port - 0 posts
WRONG TELEPHONE NUMBER - 2 posts
Transporting my 2 dogs and cat from Spain via France - 3 posts
Looking for Pregnant Models!! - 8 posts
Good Bank for Online Store - 1 posts
Repossession or Dacion en Pago? - 2 posts
rental changeover and laundry costs - 0 posts
gerry n - 1 posts
Can you apply for an NIE number at any police station - 2 posts
Group Action - 1 posts
META stuff? - 0 posts
Rental income stolen - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 46

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x