fees for selling property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Dec 2016 11:44 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"when I showed the 1st licence to the town hall (8 years) they told me it wasn't necessary but would produce a 2nd licence (valid 5 years) for less than €100."

Don't fully understand what you mean, Bob. Why did you show it to the town hall? And why would they charge €100 to issue a copy of the same thing? As I said before, it's a first occupation licence - which states that the property has been completed according to the plans which were submitted and approved, and is now suitable for habitation. Unless the building has subsequently been altered, why would they issue a "new" one? As I said before, I have not heard of any new legislation requiring one to be presented in order to complete a sale, and none of the estate agents I know have ever mentioned anything about it being a requirement. But I'm ready to be corrected if I'm wrong about any of this, or if something has changed!

The energy certificate is required for the same reason as in the UK - it's an EU requirement, which as usual has taken rather longer to be implemented in Spain than elsewhere in the EU - but I get your point. The one I got, for a 12 year old apartment, had a G rating simply because it has a 100 litre electric water tank. 

This message was last edited by Roberto on 29/12/2016.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 10:01 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

You're not reading it correctly, are you Roberto. 

The estate agent told me they are now only vaild for 5 years. I showed it to the town hall who said it was stil valid but, if I wanted a 2nd licence of occupation (not a copy of the first one but the 2nd licence) then it would cost me although they said I didn't need it. My point was, the agent had given me wrong info. 

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 11:11 AM by verona Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

It is also my agent that told me it is only valid for 5 years, however I since found out I don't need one. I am becoming deeply suspicious of the agent and lawyer he recommended. He was wanting best part when of 600 euros up front for something I already have. He didn't even pose the question as whether I had a HC or not. He is also wanting 185 euros for the energy certificate, which thanks to some advice on here I have found I can get it for 60 euros..!!

Funny now, after the agent and lawyer were bombarding me with text and emails saying we need this, we need that and we need it yesterday. Since I have questioned the above, they have both gone quiet!

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 11:35 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Have you considered using just the agent for your sale and let them do the work, Verona? You are paying them a huge amount of money so they should at least do something for it. We did use a solicitor when we purchased but just our agent when we sold. They went to the notary for us as we weren't in Spain and even paid in the (very small) proceeds from the sale into our bank account. They then claimed back the 3% retention, which was in our account almost exacly one year after the sale. maybe we were just lucky but it went very smoothly.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 11:38 AM by verona Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

GB45, I have considered this but it was the agent who has advised me to use a solicitor and recommend this one, which has made me very suspicious.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 12:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Another tip (albeit probably too late for you unfortunately): Never, ever, use the lawyer recommended to you by the agent; they are almost certainly in cahoots together to extract the maximum €€€ from you. Look on the bright side, though, you've already reduced the original quoted costs by over €700! Glad that you've found useful info & help here. yes

@Bobaol:

You're not reading it correctly, are you Roberto. 

I'm not being pedantic, I can read perfectly well, I'm just not understanding it!

The estate agent told me they are now only vaild for 5 years....My point was, the agent had given me wrong info. 

I understand that, and I'm not surprised!

...the town hall...said it was still valid but, if I wanted a 2nd licence of occupation (not a copy of the first one but the 2nd licence) then it would cost me although they said I didn't need it.

I presume they said you didn't need it, in order to sell the property?

But what I really don't understand, is what exactly is a 2nd licence of occupation? The First licence of occupation is issued when the town hall receive the architect's report stating that the place has been built according to the plans, and is fit for habitation. Unless the town hall are going to employ an architect to come out and re-inspect the property, to certify that it is still fit for habitation, what would they be charging €100 for? To rubber stamp a copy of the original with a more recent date? I just don't undestand why they would offer to charge you for something, and at the same time tell you that you don't need it. It simply doesn't make sense to me. 

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 12:12 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I wonder if it is me or not but there is something vaguley familiar about these posts and I can't put my finger on it

Maybe it has been discussed before or something is missing or not quite rightindecision

Deja vu?

Like 1      
30 Dec 2016 12:38 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Maybe you were chatting to Tony down the pub about it recently? cheeky

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 12:55 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Maybe you were chatting to Tony down the pub about it recently? 

Roberto,  are you sure he is not Tony from down the pub, sounds rather like him at times !

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/12/2016.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2016 3:39 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Roberto 

Maybe it was tony 

He never makes up stories , or  answer his own questions and he has only one name unlike someone we all know on here 

Like 1      
04 Jan 2017 2:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Updating this thread because it's mentioned here also, but have posted on the thread about Habitation Certificate since it's more relevant under that heading. My research today has found that there is no requirement for sellers to produce a Habitation Certificate / First Occupation Licence. I would suggest, therefore, that any costs involved in obtaining one for the buyer, should be picked up by the buyer, if he (or his representative) want one.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Handing keys back to bank - 8 posts
Driving to Costa Del Sol - 10 posts
Spanish weather at Valentines's Day.... - 2 posts
household items for sale - 13 posts
Caretaker - an Angel from Heaven....... - 0 posts
Electric company contact details - 6 posts
Scotsman gives a tip to removal company - 0 posts
Which code do I use, Justin & HOW? - 4 posts
Looking for an apartment to rent - 6 posts
Andalucia to UK - 0 posts
Stelios and O'Leary...At each others throats...Again... - 3 posts
Wanted: 3 month let in S.Valencia - ASAP - 1 posts
Second Hand Furniture in Murcia Region - 0 posts
mariadecastro - 4 posts
La Cala Procession - 1 posts
Pure Breed horse and donkey company in severe problems, please help! - 3 posts
HELP - what do I need to be prepaired? - 2 posts
White goods wanted MM02 - 0 posts
Looking for a beautiful holiday apartment in Marbella area? - 0 posts
mobile phones - 4 posts
Nursing and care staff wanted – Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Selling email addresses? - 1 posts
Animal Cruelty - 1 posts
Replacement Repsol Gas Bottles for Calpe area - 3 posts
art in spain? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x