mobile phones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by rach123 Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

I am moving to spain in april.. i dont know how to go bout getting a mobile phone. Any info would be apprecialted please.. thanks

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 5:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just go down to any phone shop, choose a phone and network, then show some identification if you want a PAYG. Alternatively, if you have a unlocked UK phone, just get the sim card. Not sure how it works if you want a contract though?

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 12/02/2010.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 5:27 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

If you want a contract, I think you'll have to give bank account details and proof of address, etc.  We have two contracts with Telefonica/Movistar and we had to give proof of address, bank account details and passport.

I've just bought a PAYG sim for my son (didn't need a phone) and Carrefour have a really good offer - €10 for the sim, which gives you €12 credit!!  And their charges are 0.08 cents per minute/message!!  Apparently the cheapest in Spain at the moment (I was told by the sales lady!!).

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 8:12 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Is that 8 cents a text to UK?

My Movistar is expensive to UK so I've got an English Vodophone which I keep just for texts to Uk. It costs me 11p to text UK and same for my kids to text me. Also cos it's an English phone they can use thier free minutes to ring or text me for free.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 8:21 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Karensun, just looked at leaflet and it's "a todos los operadores nacionales, a todas horas", so I don't think international.  But you also get 10% discount on top-ups of €20 or more - I put an extra 20 on my son's card (as he is travelling to Belgium) and got two euros back! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nursing and care staff wanted – Costa del Sol - 2 posts
Selling email addresses? - 1 posts
Animal Cruelty - 1 posts
Replacement Repsol Gas Bottles for Calpe area - 3 posts
art in spain? - 0 posts
Bichon Frise breeder - 0 posts
Deposit for a private purchase? who holds it - 6 posts
So I have bought my Euro Millions ticket for this friday..... - 4 posts
La Linea? the good the bad and the Ugly? Wots it really like - 7 posts
Hacienda Riquelme - Full Furnishing Required - 0 posts
Any tips/recommendations for travelling on train from Barcelona to Alicante - 3 posts
Free English Premier League football on Spanish TV - 4 posts
Hi I'm Maureen - Bought apartment in Torrievieja - 5 posts
Dacion el pago - handing back the keys - 8 posts
Hi there...I´m new here :-) - 5 posts
Speeding Fine - Please help - 3 posts
Switching your keyboard from English to Spanish - 9 posts
Car Hire, Malaga Airport. - 13 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 6 posts
Great Builder found in Benalmadena !! - 6 posts
ALMERIA AIRPORT - 9 posts
Time For Money To Be Released By Courts - 3 posts
Free wifi in Estepona area? - 2 posts
residents certificate for 94 year old - 3 posts
Animal lovers - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x