Need to buy a new portable gas fire - Almeria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a new reasonably priced portable gas fire. We are renting and do not trust the one here. I would prefer to buy a new one for peace of mind. We're new to the Province and as yet don't know our way around too well. Albox is the nearest large town. The one where we are takes the silver bottles. I would appreciate any advice.

Denise

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 5:47 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I would've thought that the dealer you get the bottles from sold gas fires - however if not there should be plenty of "hardware type" shops that sell them.  You will probably have to sign a contract to obtain a brand new one, and I would be hesitant at purchasing a 2nd hand one coz you'll probably end up in the same predicament that you're in already.  Look for shops particularly with the "Cepsa / Repsol" sign.

Good hunting

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 6:06 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Many thanks Jimbofinn, is there anything, I wonder, in Spain that you don't need a contract or licence for?

Kind regards,

Denise

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 11:18 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

You do not need a contract for a portable gas fire. We bought our last one from Carrefour but do not know how far you are from large supermarkets (only been to Albox a couple of times).

Most larger hardware shops will sell them. Just in case you need one,a new silver bottle ( not a refill) can be purchased from your local supplier. We needed our NIE so they could fill in  a certificate that the garage supplied. A copy of this goes to the townhall apparently.

Jean

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 11:50 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi

I would think you would also get them in the Hiper Ocio at Albox, it's off the main road on the opposite side to the petrol station - from memory, there is a large sign for it.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 1:01 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Seen some very recently in AKI; priced at around 62 euros.

You need to buy the bottle pressure regulator and pipe separately these available too from the same source

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
25 Jan 2010 2:15 PM by denisehl Star rating in La Linea de la Conce.... 20 posts Send private message

Many thanks to you all for the suggestions, will be off shopping tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Denise

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Astronomical Endesa Bill for Dec-Jan 2010 - 11 posts
eXCERCISE BIKE WANTED - 0 posts
Banco Halifax login problems - 3 posts
Any rules on buying a spanish car if a non resident? - 6 posts
Wanted Long Term Rental in Turre - 0 posts
how do i get bbc/itv in mar menor - 6 posts
new bar at lo crispin - 4 posts
i dont know spanish.. can soeone tell me what song this is? - 5 posts
Distance to build - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 10 posts
Abandoned puppies - 0 posts
Illegal licences - 0 posts
Any way of getting a MOT in spain, or equivalent. - 43 posts
beware of trying to get out of a mess in spain - 2 posts
Zapatero gets a bashing over demolitions - 25 posts
helpme find plumber/bathroom designer DAVID ORTON was UK based - 7 posts
new to forum about to conclude jardines - 11 posts
Suing agent who sold the property? - 1 posts
PROPERTY NEEDED UNDER 120k - 0 posts
Social Security Help - 1 posts
de-faulting on spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Advertising my Blog - 6 posts
Freesat HD on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Withdrawal of P & O Portsmouth to Bilbao route - 21 posts
how many people really want to or are trying to sell their spanish property? - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x