new to forum about to conclude jardines

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by gary & Julie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi, new addition to forum, we have finally got things sorted with Polaris and arrive next week to conclude things. We are arriving on Sunday and sign notary on Wednesday, We have bought a 3 bed ground floor Jardines,were originally buying on terrazes de la torre not even started., Can anyone tell us how much Notary and land registry fees are, we have been quoted 3,800 euros which i feel are a bit high,we also plan to order furniture when there any ideas who has best deals at moment and how are things on site clubhouse started yet what facilities are open, thanks Gary

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 2:40 PM by Jann Star rating in Merseyside and Jardi.... 802 posts Send private message

Welcome.

You could ask for a break down of the fee's. Depending which Bank you are going with they should provide you with some thing like that, our fees were about 3,600 in 2008. So with the euro/sterling issue and price hikes maybe your's are about average for now. As I recall we got some back months after the completion as they like to ensure they have everything completely covered then once everything is paid there's a chance of a small refund. Hopefully someone who has completed recently will be able to give you something more current.

You'll be able to find lots of information on the Condado de Alhama forum. Hope this stage goes well for you, Condado is a lovely resort with lots of potential

Jan

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 4:41 PM by gary & Julie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

thanks Jan, any ideas wheres best to buy furniture, is there anybody advertising on the forum, cheers Gary.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 5:31 PM by Jann Star rating in Merseyside and Jardi.... 802 posts Send private message

No particular advertising that recall at the moment. If you log onto that forum and introduce yourself and once you can get private messages I expect you'll get lots of recommendations. I havent heard anyone using furniture pack companies of late. I dont know if some companies have gone to the wall. A lot of people considered furniture packs when we were first looking at what to do but I dont know how many really did it. They do provide everything but I know many people thought that it was too expensive and just did it themselves in the end. However, each to their own and they do mean you can arrive and its all sorted for you down to the last teaspoon.

Lots of people did what we did, either found someone who could do lights, curtain rails, blinds,shower screen and shelving- or did it themselves. Then shopped for all the sundry articles locally Carrefour, Leeroy Merlin, Ikea, various Malls for cutlery, crockery, kitchen equipment even bedding and other soft furnishings then picked up the furniture from recommended sources or specific shops they'd identified on the 'net. Some people shopped in the UK and transported it all over.

We used Homestyle for the living room suite, Real Domestics for all the electrical goods (delivered and fitted and packaging removed) Media Market for the tv but the beds we got through a friend and I'm not sure what store they used. Gines Navarro on the way to Mazarron for loads of other things including our outdoor furntiure. Plumes4Furniture (I thinks thats the title) in Mazarron for a host of other bits and pieces(  furniture store with beds and suites and dining furniture, side tables, tv consoles etc) also has a bargain basement with the end of range or one off pieces, pictures and ornaments.

Hope that helps.

Jan

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 6:06 PM by gary & Julie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

thanks Jan, thats a great help, Gary

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 8:01 PM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

Hi Gary and Julie

We completed on Polaris Mar Menor 2 in November and in the main bought everything from the UK except for the washing machine and TV's which we in the end bought from El Cortes Ingles as the company we paid a deposit to in San Javier went bust and we lost our money...........

We found it much cheaper to buy everything in the UK and pay a removal company to take it over........... I bought european bed bases over the internet and then bought european size linen as they are a bit longer........... Garden furniture in Spain is so expensive and if you want good quality you are best to get it in the UK and send it over.if you buy electrical items here then you will need to change the plugs but that is all.

In my opinion the furniture packages are not particularly great and you run the risk of your property being kitted out much the same as others.When I asked how much it would cost for a washing machine from a certain furniture company they would have charged me 500 euros more then El Cortes Ingles.

That said I am in need to a tv MODULAR wall unit and plan to go to IKEA n Murcia when I am next there.

If you are not at the property to take deliveries you may be better placed to see if someone on your resort will take delivery for you......... what ever their hourly rate it will definately be cheaper than the high mark up from these furniture companies........ even during these times.

This message was last edited by nicolaraho on 21/01/2010.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 8:03 PM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Hi,

Just to reiterate what Jann said really. We used Real Domestics for all the white goods and can't recommend them highly enough! Turned up on time fitted everything and cleared up any mess after! As for the lights etc I would recommend a guy we used called Pete the Spark(do a search thats what his web-site is called), really freindly guy and top notch at his job!

We did everything else ourselves! Many many trips to Ikea, and although it was hard work we got the place up and running in a week, including a dodgy trip back with a sofa hanging out the back of our hire car/van!

Good luck!

Tony & Sue

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 9:48 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Welcome to the forum

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 9:08 AM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

is the company you refer to real Domestics the same as Real Domestic appliances? The reason that I ask is the Real domestic appliances have gone bust.......... with some of our money......... if Real Domestics are a different company where are they based please?

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 9:52 AM by Jann Star rating in Merseyside and Jardi.... 802 posts Send private message

All what we bought we found comparitively priced to the UK- did a lot of research including emailing and telephoning companies. We organised delivery for the week we were 1st in the apartment but had had the appliances all fitted (incl kettle, toaster and microwave)and the beds delvered the week before with the keyholders assistance. The companies both telephoned her when on route to the apartment so she was there for a very short amount of time which didnt add to the cost. Then we sort of camped after stopping at IKEA  and Leroy Merlin on route from the airport for some basics including two lamps as there were no light fittings initially and we took bedding but bought pillows, quilts and towels. In the main it was fun though hard work that week as we shopped endlessly- cant see I'd want to go into IKEA ever again!.  We hired a Berlingo and got everything into it. We got our  outdoor furniture from Gines Navarro but it was on 'offer' which made it less than what we had been looking at on the 'net or when looking around, but those deals are luck of the draw. I think if you do it yourself the key is maybe not to expect to get everything immediately and be prepared to do a bit of researching and to wait

As for Real Domestics I have only the email address as found when googled might have some receipt back over in the apartment. Its hard to belIeve there would be two companies of the same name although we didnt refer to them as Real Domestic Appliances. I'm sorry you have lost money nicolaraho, as we thought they were great and very efficient

Jan

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 11:12 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

Hi Nichola,

This is their web-site: http://www.appliancesdirectspain.eu/index.php not really sure if they are the same ones that you have dealt with. I must say I'd be suprised if these are the ones gone bust 'cos they looked to be doing well when we were out in Oct.

This the address of the shop where we went to pick up the microwave when we first went out(we had nothing to cook with so we agreed we could pick it up before they arrived a few days later with everything else.).

Real Domestic Appliances S.L.
Centro Comercial Los Dolses 2,
Villamartin, Orihuela Costa,
03189 Alicante, Spain.

Tony

This message was last edited by tonynault on 22/01/2010.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2010 3:47 PM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

yes that is the same one.............. we paid a 300 euro deposit with a guy called Tom who worked there who was very helpful. That deposit was taken in November with the balance due which I must say my husband forgot to pay so when I realised the goods had not been delivered( 2 tvs and a washing machine) I chased them but got no answer.......... it was DFS who told me they had gone bust as one the employees knew Tom well........ I have been ringing the phone number but no one answers........ and obviously no one has returned any emails............. another 300 euros written off.............  thankfully my husband's memory laspe served in our favour....... not that I would tell him that.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Suing agent who sold the property? - 1 posts
PROPERTY NEEDED UNDER 120k - 0 posts
Social Security Help - 1 posts
de-faulting on spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Advertising my Blog - 6 posts
Freesat HD on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Withdrawal of P & O Portsmouth to Bilbao route - 21 posts
how many people really want to or are trying to sell their spanish property? - 12 posts
Drive to Spain - 4 posts
Taking lizards to spain - 3 posts
car hire prices - 10 posts
spanish property in UK or Spanish will? - 3 posts
EOS not alerting me when I start a new thread - 4 posts
Connecting Electric Supply - 3 posts
Jobs in teaching Torrevieja - 3 posts
wood burner with flue wanted - 0 posts
AGM - 2 posts
Postal redirection - 3 posts
BMI baby Cardiff to Murcia - 4 posts
Valuations - 4 posts
Does a NintendoWii bought in UK work in Spain? - 8 posts
What's positive about living in Spain????? - 41 posts
sub letting? - 4 posts
bill det - 0 posts
almanzora country club update - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x