beware of trying to get out of a mess in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

if anyone wants a warning to not chuck further monies at a  solicitors firm , that has been mentioned on this forum, for not even telling my family what they have charged 1500 euroes for, then please contact me off forum, or I may end up in further financial trouble, yours sam

Like 0      
08 Apr 2010 1:33 PM by meijoo Star rating in La Azohia, Cartagena.... 34 posts Send private message

There are a handful of good solicitors around but they are like gold dust.  Our community was lucky to be represented by one of them. He has, to date, managed to overturn a well known global promoter in favour of the community, his charges were minimal.  He managed to squash their court threats again, for minimal costs.

You have to do your homework, be aware, trust few and read between the lines.  Free advice is never free, you end up paying one way or another.  The vulnerable will always be victims, it is what best fits the environment at the time.  Greed, lies, deception is the order of the day. If you can get around that than, well done.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2010 10:07 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I am forever telling people to try to make the best of a bad deal or try direct communications with developer and/or bank in preference to expensive and long drawn out litigation.

It is my firm belief too many lawyers are being over optimistic on the litigation front and letting clients believe the road to victory will be short and sweat.

Anyone who has been through the system knows this is not the case and even favourable judgements in many cases do not result in immediate cash payouts - sometimes necessary to start a new claim - and of course more fees.

When lawyers reply to a thread I try to draw them into fee discussions or to discuss less than favourable outcomes but rarely do they respond.

So optimistic are some laywers they neglect to explain a worst case scenario and how not only might you get nithing back but to add insult to injury you could be liable for the other sides legal costs.

I encourage everyone to share their experiences for the benefit of those coming along behind.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Zapatero gets a bashing over demolitions - 25 posts
helpme find plumber/bathroom designer DAVID ORTON was UK based - 7 posts
new to forum about to conclude jardines - 11 posts
Suing agent who sold the property? - 1 posts
PROPERTY NEEDED UNDER 120k - 0 posts
Social Security Help - 1 posts
de-faulting on spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Advertising my Blog - 6 posts
Freesat HD on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Withdrawal of P & O Portsmouth to Bilbao route - 21 posts
how many people really want to or are trying to sell their spanish property? - 12 posts
Drive to Spain - 4 posts
Taking lizards to spain - 3 posts
car hire prices - 10 posts
spanish property in UK or Spanish will? - 3 posts
EOS not alerting me when I start a new thread - 4 posts
Connecting Electric Supply - 3 posts
Jobs in teaching Torrevieja - 3 posts
wood burner with flue wanted - 0 posts
AGM - 2 posts
Postal redirection - 3 posts
BMI baby Cardiff to Murcia - 4 posts
Valuations - 4 posts
Does a NintendoWii bought in UK work in Spain? - 8 posts
What's positive about living in Spain????? - 41 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x