Social Security Help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

My partner, Debbie, has a social security number and NIE in Spain, and a work contract until end of Jan. How does she get her social security card in case she needs to visit the doctor? We have heard conflicting reports - some say from the Social Security office, and some say directly from the doctor´s surgery. I tried to call local doctor at Las Lagunas to ask yesterday but receptionist unhelpful and sighed all the way through conversation.  She said Debbie had to get empadronamiento first (I understand we can get this from La Cala de Mijas Town Hall) and then ask again??

But where do we go then to get social security card?

Gracias, Jane

Like 0      
21 Jan 2010 11:11 AM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Jane,

below extract from the           > Mijas Foreigners Dept. Information On Spanish Social Security Health Care<.  Leaflet

'If they have not yet reached the condition of pensioner in their home country, or are employees working abroad or unemployed persons, they should ask for form E-106 if wishing to receive medical health care in Spain.  On arrival in spain they should contact the closest CAISS office and have the form stamped  -  if family members also require health care, take documentation to prove the relationship (i.e. marriage certificate birth certificate etc...) This procedure is immediate. To register for health care take a copy of the form to the nearest health centre with a copy of your passport.  Always keep the original copy while staying in Spain'

If you need more information there is a tel. no. 952 58 90 10 and if you live in Mijas the CAISS office is situated in feungirola. 

CAISS apparently stands for ( Centers of attention and information of the social security)

This website could be helpful www.seg-social.es 

If you live in Mijas  La Cala would be your first port of call for more info. not sure if you can download the E-106 form we brought ours from the UK but ours is the E-121 as we are pensioners. The one thing I am sure of you cannot go directly to a doctor. Also prescribed medicine is free for pensioners however everybody else will only have to pay 40% of the cost.

hope this helps,  Kathy

Kathy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

de-faulting on spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Advertising my Blog - 6 posts
Freesat HD on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Withdrawal of P & O Portsmouth to Bilbao route - 21 posts
how many people really want to or are trying to sell their spanish property? - 12 posts
Drive to Spain - 4 posts
Taking lizards to spain - 3 posts
car hire prices - 10 posts
spanish property in UK or Spanish will? - 3 posts
EOS not alerting me when I start a new thread - 4 posts
Connecting Electric Supply - 3 posts
Jobs in teaching Torrevieja - 3 posts
wood burner with flue wanted - 0 posts
AGM - 2 posts
Postal redirection - 3 posts
BMI baby Cardiff to Murcia - 4 posts
Valuations - 4 posts
Does a NintendoWii bought in UK work in Spain? - 8 posts
What's positive about living in Spain????? - 41 posts
sub letting? - 4 posts
bill det - 0 posts
almanzora country club update - 4 posts
Lawyer in Murcia? - 7 posts
Hi I haven't been on for a while but this is an urgent appeal - 4 posts
Wanted 2 month rental Iznajar Cordoba - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x