Winter sun in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Are you going to Spain over the winter for the weather? Better take a look at this news article and make your own minds up!!

Wrap up warm

Mark

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 8:01 AM by Marky1969 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

We are spending five months in Duquesa over this winter, since we arrived on Nov 1st we have had 5 or 6 wet days the temprature has averaged 17/18 degrees . In the UK they have had non stop rain and now its freezing cold . Hopefully the next 3 months will be as nice as the first 2 !! after reading that article i"ll still take a chance on spain thanks !! popping back next week for a few days ( you cant beat an english christmas) for a snowball fight and a bit of sledging  . Dont listen to scaremongers just enjoy the sun .

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 11:56 AM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

We came out to Costa Blanca for last weekend.We left the UK to freezing fog and arrived to blue Spanish skies. We spent Saturday on the beach/prom at La Mata where the temperature was around 22C.

We got back Sunday night to light rain and cool temps...and it has gone downhill since then with significant snow here in the Southeast this morning.

So having experienced two extremes of weather within a week, I know exactly where I'd rather be..and it isn't the UK!

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 1:23 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The problem in Spain though is that properties aren't built for the cold.  Marble floors are just not what you want in winter!

It is often the case where it feels colder indoors than outdoors.  We have had some bitterly cold days, particularly when it gets windy up in Manilva where we are.  I had to go home early the other day as it was freezing in the office...and we had the fire on at home!

Anyway, the cold weather won't last too long so it's not bad at all.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 3:00 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

... and on top of the freezing floors, we just had a bath coming back from Carrefour on the A7!!  Thunder, lightning, downpour - and never overtake a lorry where there's a dip in the road!!  It was like a tsunami coming at us!!

And it's forecast for the next week!  Although, it always gives me a feeling of comfort and security when sitting indoors (with the heating on!!) looking out at the heavens opening up.

Now, where's that cocoa???

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 3:56 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Yes lovelly, WINTER SUN IN SPAIN!!! I should have flown out from Gatwick at 0620 this morning but couldn't get to the airport because of a little bit of snow. I had to rebook my flight with Easy Jet at a cost of £128 and hope I can fly Sunday morning. If the weather is still bad tomorrow, then I'll walk to Gatwick, should just about make it for check in Sunday morning. I don't think that anybody is going to convince me that it's cold around the Almeria area.

Best wishes.

Tech

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 4:59 PM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

In Urcal,about 20 minutes from Turre,this afternoon is slight rain and 15 degrees but feeling colder than that.

Jimbo

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 6:33 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi Jimbo,

15 degrees but feeling colder in slight rain? I'd be up on the roof terrace with a bar of soap in that temperature. It's 0 degrees and feeling a lot colder here with more snow to come. Just hope I make it on Sunday.

Tech

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 7:28 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Tech

We are on the Gatwick to Almeria flight on Sunday morning, so we are hoping along with you, that there is no more snow!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 9:57 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi Noreen,

How are you getting to the airport and what time are you leaving?

regards

Tech

Like 0      
18 Dec 2009 10:12 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Tech

We are actually driving down to the airport tomorrow early evening. We find this is better with the early flight as we are just a few minutes walk from the terminal.

The weather forecast for the Gatwick area is sunny but cold for tomorrow & no more snow forecast. For our area there is light snow forecast tonight but again sunny tomorrow. Maidstone doesn't have any more snow forecast & again, sunny tomorrow.

Hopefully we will have no problems!

Easyjet website this morning had all the cancellations listed so I am going to check that out tomorrow & also their Twitter as there were updates throughout the day on that.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 11:32 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Better pack some warm clothing.

I live near Aguilas and at sea level and after a night of torrential rain woke this morning to see it snowing !! 

The previous nights downpour stopped it from settling on the ground but my dogs got covered when I let then out.

Snow is very apparent on the hills (not the mountains) and it is freezing cold although brightening up as I type this but don't  think many holidaymakers will desire to strip off even if it is a trifle warmer than UK..

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 11:44 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thanks Floella

I had seen that there was snow in Murcia overnight!

I am now struggling to get everything packed, including extra fleeces.

It is a beautiful bright crisp Winter's morning here in Kent so no sign of more snow - yet! It also looks like Easyjet are not having too many problems at Gatwick today, so fingers crossed.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 12:10 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi Noreen,

it's a beautiful morning here in Maidstone as well, but it is a case of keeping fingers crossed as my flight was cancelled yesterday. Are you staying in a hotel at Gatwick? I plan to arrive at the terminal early and just 'hang around.' Just hope everything stay fine and we are able to travel.

Best wishes.

Tech

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 12:19 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Tech

Yes, we are staying at the Ramada which is just a few minutes walk from the South terminal.

We book it combined with Airport Parking & it usually works out pretty reasonable.

Good Luck & Let's hope we actually get there tomorrow!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 1:54 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Just returned from the local shops and outside car temp was registering 4.5 which in real terms is probably 6  but no sun visible. Vera,being slightly further south hopefully will be a trifle warmer.

Sure you will all have  a great time regardless.

Feliz Navidad

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 2:15 PM by Marky1969 Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Just finished a round of golf at Estepona golf club little bit of sun temprature 14/15 degrees ,played in polo shirt and shorts , very nice round started sweating climbing some of the hills !!!! 

Like 0      
19 Dec 2009 4:19 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Yes alright for you Marky, just finishing a game of golf. I should have finished a game of bowls (because of my age) instead I am looking outside, lovelly day but everything is white! Just hope there are no cancellations tomorrow and we take of on time, then I can enjoy some outside activity. Nearly time to leave for my hotel at Gatwick.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all at EOS.

Best wishes.

Tech.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2009 11:08 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Does anyone know what the forecast for Sabinillas area is from Boxing Day to New Years Eve.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
20 Dec 2009 11:23 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp

Here's a link to a site showing forecast for that week.  Although, saying that, it was forecast to rain yesterday and today and for the rest of the week here, but no rain yesterday and nothing today up until now, but looking possible!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TRAMPOLIN HILLS NEWS.IMPORTANT - 3 posts
Renting Hose - Power Problems builders elec - 3 posts
DOWNLOADING FILMS FROM COMPUTER ONTO A D.V.D. - 8 posts
where to apply - 0 posts
Another question for Maria - 8 posts
Capital gains tax - allowable acquisition costs - 4 posts
Renting without declaring - 3 posts
The Charity Gazette aka CBN / The Post - 5 posts
Like the new Home Page! - 4 posts
I have heard it all now! - 7 posts
New Free to air & Freesat channel - just scan in to your satellite receiver - 0 posts
What's it called? - 4 posts
Evemarina SL credits communication ends on the 17th of December - 0 posts
A date to remember in Spain - 0 posts
Reliable and fair Car Mechanic - 6 posts
Question for Maria - 5 posts
Lawyers fees - 4 posts
HEADING TRANSPORTING PETS TO SPAIN OR SPAIN TO THE UK - 1 posts
Tax Form 210 - 7 posts
300€ Banks? No Thanks! I will mind it - 6 posts
Jacqueline Heath; Pianist. A Real Star - 0 posts
Schools in Ourense, Galicia - 0 posts
Gas for Superser - 5 posts
iGuana-grill, El Rosario, Marbella - 0 posts
2 Bed 2 Bath Apartment, Altos de la Quinta II - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x