Question for Maria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Hi Maria ,would you have time to comment on the concurso process and in particular the later stages where the company in administration seeks to reach an agreement with the creditors .Some kind of time line or order of proceedings and legal implications for off plan  purchasers would be great  .A huge thank you in advance  . I know it is a lot to ask but many companies are coming to this stage and it would be good to have some advise on what it all means for the many purchasers on the forum  who find themselves involved in  this situation   . Thanks MM

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
15 Dec 2009 8:47 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I will prepare a post for the blog. Hope to have it finished before the end of the current week.

Thanks,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Dec 2009 9:38 AM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria as always you are willing to help .I look forward to the  blog and am sure it will help many on the forum .Thanks MM

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
15 Dec 2009 9:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

MAGICMEG:

I am starting today with number 1 on the agreement, I expect  to wrote 3 or 4 more posts to explain the whole last par of the Insolvency proceedings. I do hope it helps!

Today´s one is on the agreement.

Decisions phase

Solutions of the Insolvency proceedings under the Act are:

• Agreement.
• Liquidation.

They are alternative but it is possible to star an agreement and to end up in liquidation.

The agreement

This is the outcome whish is preferred by the Act. There are two types of agreement:

1. Anticipated agreement proposal - which can be offered with the initial Lawsuit, when it s the insolvent company who initiates the proceedings.

2.  Agreement proposal - where the procedure has not been initiated by the insolvent company, following the common phase, this company can propose an agreement to prevent the liquidation.

The Act regulates a whole procedure for the processing of the agreement to determine whether the liquidation of the company can be avoided by agreement. Many agreements represent significant remissions and long waits.

If there are more than one agreement, the creditors’ meeting is held for them to approve or reject the proposals.

Once the meeting has approved an agreement, a judicial approval of it is needed, even at this stage, the agreement can be opposed

Ultimately, the judge's subjective belief about the commercial viability of the agreement should determine that this is approved.

With the approval of the agreement, and even though the law considers it within the same stage of the proceedings, in practice, a new phase is opened: compliance of the agreement.  Generally, the insolvent company itself will execute the agreement and will be reporting the execution to the Judge.

(Tomorrow: Liquidation)

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
16 Dec 2009 7:01 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria greatly appreciated MM

Like 0      
17 Dec 2009 9:26 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

There are now two diffrent posts on : " Agreement" and "Liquidation"

Third hopefully coming out today!

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lawyers fees - 4 posts
HEADING TRANSPORTING PETS TO SPAIN OR SPAIN TO THE UK - 1 posts
Tax Form 210 - 7 posts
300€ Banks? No Thanks! I will mind it - 6 posts
Jacqueline Heath; Pianist. A Real Star - 0 posts
Schools in Ourense, Galicia - 0 posts
Gas for Superser - 5 posts
iGuana-grill, El Rosario, Marbella - 0 posts
2 Bed 2 Bath Apartment, Altos de la Quinta II - 0 posts
new internet virus,please read this - 3 posts
Moving to Ciudad Quesada - 7 posts
BUSINESS FOR SALE - 0 posts
STOP SMOKING IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Spanish inheritance tax paid by UK citizens - 7 posts
What If the Unthinkable Happened? - 4 posts
What improvements would you like for EOS? - 10 posts
Spanish Economic Crisis - 22 posts
Greece in Trouble : Riots and 'Bankrupt' - 8 posts
El diario de un Perro... - 0 posts
canceling telefonica - 6 posts
Looking for Sid and Dot - 2 posts
JustAnswer.com - Is it a Scam? - 5 posts
Banks! Partners in Crime - 6 posts
Web designer Costa del Sol - 5 posts
youtube - advice welcomed - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x