Pay as you go Broadband

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Aug 2009 5:34 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Thank you Jeanie!  I am going to be in Spain in December/January.  Can I assume that if I buy one of these dongles (what a lovely word that is) in Spain, I can link up to the Spanish Internet system?  Surely it cannot be that simple?  The thought of not having access to the Internet for two months is rather daunting, so could a dongle be the answer to my prayers!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 7:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I have vodafone too (not vidafone!!!!! )

Yes you plug in into the side of your computer a usb point. On the first one the user programme installs automatically thereafter it connects when you plug it into the computer

Im using it now!! And used it in the UK last june.

They are FAB!!! - dont bother with Telefonica, they are pants!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 9:50 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Many thanks Rixxie!  So I can take my computer with me, and buy the dingle dangle in Spain.  That's great!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 10:02 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yup! and you can use it around the pool, on the beach, in the bars!!!! If you see someone with an hp doing tha same, that will be meeeeee............... :)

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 10:17 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

......and I'll stand you a drink or two Rixxy!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2009 10:43 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ha! Now you are on!! :)

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 11:00 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Great i am now sold on a Vodaphone dongle (or dingle dangle!!!) .... no Telefonica brilliant! .... where can i get one?  I live in Calpe. 

Thanks for any info.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 12:34 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Any vodafone kiosk. Thats the other thing they seem to be everywhere (here anyway) go in and ask for it. Took a couple of days to come on line for me.

Usually they speak english too but they cant sort out problems, although if you build a relationship with them they do seem to bend over backwards to at least get you to the correct person to speak to!

Good luck!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 12:59 PM by Kinch Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Just out of curiosity, is the sim for the dongle a standard phone sim or is it a special broadband one?

Thanks

Niall

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 1:18 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Dont know, but if you install skype on your PC. phone calls to other skype users are free. just need to get a headset

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 4:10 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

The dongle sim is the same as a normal phone sim but for data use only.

Inez, I got mine from a Vodafone shop and it worked immediately.

All info on www.vodafone.es if you can read spanish including store locations.

S

Like 0      
30 Aug 2009 1:01 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Team , thats good. Mine was on contract so no idea of that was why or they were just busy as they are usually fast

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
01 Sep 2009 9:34 PM by Kinch Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I received my unlocked dongle today. Does anyone know what the APN settings are for Vodafone Spain Pay As You Go?

Thanks

Niall

Like 0      
01 Sep 2009 11:01 PM by Bob 13 Star rating in Bristol & El Pinar. 13 posts Send private message

Apologies just come in on this post late but could you tell me how it cost to buy a Vodaphone Dongle for Pay as You Go and how much to top it up and what sort of allowance you get ??

Sorry about all the questions but I thought I would get them in one !

Bob

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 12:14 AM by gerkinsella Star rating in Dublin Ireland/Daya .... 35 posts Send private message

gerkinsella´s avatar

Hi All,

I received my unlocked dongle today. Does anyone know what the APN settings are for Vodafone Spain Pay As You Go?

Thanks

Niall

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 6:17 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

My apologies for the delay in responding. arrived back from Costa Blanca on the 7th September.

Yes I do have an unlocked dongle that I brought off  Ebay, before I went to Spain I tried the dongle on Vodafone payg and it worked quite well in the UK. I then tried it in spain on a payg spanish sim card however I could not get it to work this could have been for a number of reasons ie my sim card may be to old and not enough credit on it it kept throwing back that the sim was not reconised.

I did go into the Vodafone shop in Torrevieja the one just off the Ramon Gullard Street on the corner and enquired about the sim for my dongle you can buy the sim for €24.50 and top up for €50 i think the young lady said this would last about a month. it was not worth me paying this as I was due to fly back in three days time however I will try again next time.

The settings I have got with the dongle are as follows,

Profile Name Vodafone .....APN: Contract /PAYG Internet /pp.vodafone.co.uk.....Access Number *99***1#.....User Name Web....

Password Web.

I did manage to register my spanish mobile sim card with the authorities.

If anyone knows what I may have done wrong then please feel free to comment,

Many Thanks

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 6:27 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

If you live on the Costa del Sol a cheaper option is wireless internet, paying only for when your here.

Vodaphone dongles work very well but the amount of data transfer you pay for is easily used up and is an expensive option.

If you want a cost effective alternative contact me and I can give you the best option from all the good, and bad, companies.

Regards

Neil

Soltec

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 9:13 PM by Grover Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Neil

I would be interested in wireless internet paying only when I am in Spain.  Could you give some further details please.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2009 11:40 AM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

I use Mas Movil (Orange network). They offer PAYG at cheap rates and coverage.

Sims are 20 Euro with 20 Euro of credit included so effictively free.

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/spain.html

Dave

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 9:27 PM by spanishblue Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi , any one not using the new mas movil 3g pay sa go internet modem or 3 g sim un and unlocked dongle is totally bonkers, this is the cheapest mobile internet around

5 cents per MB , only pay for what you use, buy one if you dare from me mobile 902 907 910, amazing

good luck guys, happy cheap mobile  surfing

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Multi lingual forum - 11 posts
New property management service we hold the key - 0 posts
Rental with a view to purchase - 0 posts
Registering with Health Authority - Form E106 - 8 posts
Ryanair pulling out of Manchester. - 18 posts
Social Security - Embargo of assets - 1 posts
Community fee - 10 posts
Check out this thread - 0 posts
manzanares lawyers - 0 posts
Wanted 80 to 100 sq meters as storage in Fuengiola, Las Lagunas, La Cala area - 0 posts
andalucian dream homes - 3 posts
Spanish assets - 26 posts
Qualification required to use public transport in the UK... - 4 posts
Car Hire again - fully comp insurance? - 25 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 0 posts
On-line shopping - 0 posts
Does anyone in Condado provide a pick-up/drop-off @ San Javier? - 2 posts
moving to spain - 9 posts
Horizontal Property Law - can a community/individual opt out? - 5 posts
Sky tv in Spain, the time is coming to watch out.!!! - 87 posts
Meson Rocio, Sabinillas - 17 posts
C Bar in the port - 4 posts
SPAIN UNCUT-UNPAID - 0 posts
Illogical Captain, totally illogical... - 3 posts
Drop down menus - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x