Dogs on the beach (the four legged variety)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

Does anyone know when dogs are officially allowed on Marbella´s beaches for walks?  I used to live in Cabopino and walked my dog every morning and evening on the beach with no problem. Now I am told dogs are not allowed on the beach in summer?  Does anyone know the actual rules regarding this?

Thanks,

Amatista

Like 0      
08 Aug 2009 9:05 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Is the beach blue flag rated? If so, the rules to gain a blue flag accreditation are to be dog free from May to September.

Mark

edited to add:

• Regulations concerning dogs and other domestic animals on the beach must be strictly enforced (i). Dogs should be banned from the award beach area throughout the bathing season in England. There should be an enforced bye-law or Dog Control Order banning dogs from the award beach area from May to September. The dog ban area should be marked on the beach map and on the ground and clear signage should be in place. There may be a dog exercise area adjacent to the award area (outside the Blue Flag award area), but this should be clearly delineated and controlled. For more information on dog control orders go to http://www.defra.gov.uk/Environment/localenv/legislation/cnea/dogcontrol-orders.pdf

I know it refers to a DEFRA website, but the Blue Flag scheme is a Worldwide scheme and as such the rules will be the same everywhere they take part, otherwise it would mean nothing.

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 08/08/2009.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2009 12:56 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello Marksfish.

I am not not sure if you are only referring to the UK regards to dogs on the beach laws. If so the same rules regards the months applies here May to September. You can call the police if and when these laws are disregarded. By the way do not believe the blue flags. They are just tthere to look pretty on most Spanish beaches.  And of course to fool you to think that the med is cristal clear. You can figure out when the water is clean in this way. Especially on the Costa Del Sol. When we have a poniente, hot winds blowing in from the land, clear vision of coastline the water is clean and freezing. When we have a levante easterly the wind comes from the sea, cooler weather and dirty sea even faeces and waste. Look out for that brown foam and unmentionables floating in the sea. On  a lighter note your washing dries with poniente in seconds,  Happy swimming with or without thedogs and the unmentionables.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
09 Aug 2009 12:21 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

I thought that dogs were banned from all beaches in Spain, but we take the attitude - if the locals do it then so do we!

This link seems to have a different opinion: http://www.ns.is/ns/upload/files/pdf-skrar/ena/beaches_en1.pdf

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Agricultural / Farming Diesel - 3 posts
Preserving jars for home made jam, etc - 5 posts
Non-Biological Washing products - 2 posts
Protection/ Guard dog wanted - 11 posts
Smoking ban in Spain - 36 posts
What size deposits are needed now - 3 posts
Funeral insurance problems - 1 posts
ALGORFA Air-Con business (Solarplan) - 4 posts
A tale of two lives. - 2 posts
Accounts available before AGM? - 1 posts
Buy to rent schemes - 7 posts
What is the point of a contract and BG!!!!!!! - 1 posts
Compatibility problem? - 0 posts
Rental Contracts - 0 posts
Reflections of WW1 - 5 posts
EOS please tell us which members are in your team - 22 posts
Business Internet - 7 posts
Manilva Feria 2009 - 1 posts
Link Appearing in My Post - 3 posts
Business Potential? - 5 posts
Doing it yourself - 13 posts
UK car hire from Bristol airport - 1 posts
Manilva wine festival - 3 posts
Inflatable Spa Jacuzzi Hot Tub - 45 posts
in search of a suitable pueblo - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x