Rental Contracts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by Cecelia Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My contract on this flat runs out at the end of November. If I walk out now I know I would lose my deposit but is anything else likely to happen to me ? I have had ongoing problems with my  landlord with his provision of dangerous appliances plus a great reluctance to spend anything on repairs at all! To date (1) microwave (electric shocks and finally burst into flame!) (2) Washer (flooded the entire flat!) (3) Shower head, cracked. He replaced this but not the clip in the wall, so it no longer fits (now there is water all over the bathroom with every shower! )
TV broke down in April, he took it away and said he would get it repaired, I am still waiting!!
Final straw, ancient electric iron and more electric shocks! Asked for another to be given an equally old one with a frayed flex!
I have been to the agent this morning ,The agent says that in Spain you look at a flat and take it as seen, there seems to be no responsibility on the landlord to provide safe equipment. Is this true?? 
I have been really upset by this as I am a good tenant, pay all bills promptly and look after the property. I just want to find another flat and leave.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reflections of WW1 - 5 posts
EOS please tell us which members are in your team - 22 posts
Business Internet - 7 posts
Manilva Feria 2009 - 1 posts
Link Appearing in My Post - 3 posts
Business Potential? - 5 posts
Doing it yourself - 13 posts
UK car hire from Bristol airport - 1 posts
Manilva wine festival - 3 posts
Inflatable Spa Jacuzzi Hot Tub - 45 posts
in search of a suitable pueblo - 11 posts
Cap and Collar Limits on Mortgages? - 5 posts
Driving a Spanish registered/insured car belonging to a friend - 5 posts
Why is fruit so bad in Spain - 22 posts
Monarch Airlines criticised by CIT Marbella - 0 posts
Replies (WHAT IS THIS ?) - 7 posts
Article re BGs - 2 posts
Article from lawyer about litigating BGs - 6 posts
"the truth at last " - 0 posts
Horizontal law and cost of lifts! - 25 posts
Toyota Yaris for sale - 4 posts
Petition stand up and be counted - 1 posts
AIFOS AND LAWSUITS - 4 posts
New photos of road from Coto Real to Duquesa Port - 0 posts
WRONG TELEPHONE NUMBER - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x