ITV show on the Costa Del Sol

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

In fact this time it looks like Almeria and Costa Blanca are going to get the treatment as well.

It's a two part mini series called "Spain paradise lost" and will be aired from tomorrow night 17th June at 9pm BST. (10pm Spain)

Links to the official ITV Press release for Ep1 and Ep2.

Should be a interesting... as they always, but always miss out on the success stories.

You never know, this one might be different?

Oh look! A squadron of porkers just flew past the EOS office window!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 16/06/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 8:55 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

TechNoApe

I know where you are coming from, but if the series stops just one family going through the hell many of us have in the last few years, then I think it will have been worthwhile. While the success stories should also get a mention, I feel that until the corruption/poor regulation/justice system that has let so many down is addressed and changes made then the ugly truths should be aired for all to see. It would be great to  see a programme in future reporting on how changes had been made and telling people what a good place Spain is to buy due to the recent change, but untill then I don't think there is much of a case for celebration of the positive aspects of Spain for all those swindled, or going through court cases stretching out years.

I do understand the frustration of more negative publicity for those of you for whom things have turned out well. It will indeed hold back the whole property industry, but I feel the anger should be aimed at those who could change the system, (as some on this forum are trying to do) not those reporting on it, or the victims of it trying to highlight the problems to force change.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 9:51 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I will try to watch the show tonight although I am not sure since this means I will miss "Los hombres de Paco" on Antena 3 at the same time, good for your Spanish. It is a hard decision, what should i watch?

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 9:56 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Ana

record one?

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 10:04 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I don´t have a recorder. thank you for the suggestion Goodstich

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 1:00 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Oh no we missed this. 

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 1:04 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

It's not on in England until tonight.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 1:06 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Susan

........or Spain according to Techno'

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 1:13 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

17 Jun 2009 11:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

1. I will never moan about our garage flooding in the rain again. (of course, I will)

2. What has people taking on mortgages they clearly cannot afford, got to do with Spain?

3. Who was that estate agent in the convertable Merc? He needs to re-register his UK plated car pronto. Driving illegally ain't a very good advert for his (lack of) professionalism.

4. I know some on here think I'm a heartless smug b*****d, but I could have cried when I saw that nice Irishman (he sounded exactly like Richie Kavanagh!) trying to finish the building work on his house himself. My heart went out to him, poor sod.

5. Inez, you were terrific!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 11:40 PM by CovCraig Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

looked depressing!

Craig

Like 0      
17 Jun 2009 11:50 PM by martin Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Yes my heart went out to the irish man poor guy having to sweep up that mess the rain left behind, fair play too him for cleaning it up& for working trying to finish some of the work that the builders left not done.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 12:37 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Yes and he was on is tu*d broom!

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 6:39 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Poor chap didn't have any choice, he had to sweep whilst the water supply was there.

I wonder if the builders were TU, the big firm who went bust causing a lot of heartache for many home owners.

Unfortunately the programme didn't go into why so many people have got themselves into this mess.  When we were looking at buying a property there were so many property shows around and companies trying to get us to buy through them.

We went to one company which had a shop somewhere near Southend, when they found out how much we had to spend they tried to get us to use the money to buy two properties off-plan and sell the second nearer the completion date.  

I wonder if the blonde from Bradford found what she was looking for in Marbella. 

Inez - I thought the house she looked at was lovely, did the owners manage to sell it and how long ago was the programme made?

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 8:43 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morning all

heartbreaking stuff indeed for the Irish guy. If decent regulation had been enforced in the form of a bank guarantee from the developer , then would he have been in that mess?

As for the couple who took out a huge mortgage, well I think you just have to say 'tough luck' on that one. They took the gamble and lost. I did feel very sorry for another couple trying to sell their place through the auction, and looked like losing their pension. Again it's mainly market forces that have gone against them, but having said that, if regulation had prevented massive overbuilds, massive loans, and massive corruption, then the whole position in Spain could have turned out far better and many who bought in good faith would probably still be Ok, because of the supply/demand situation. 

I felt the programme missed the main point of why Spains costas are in this mess?  Was there any mention of lack of regulation that's led to massive overbuilds?, any mention of brown envelopes, back handers, corruption from top to bottom, dodgy lawyers, dodgy judges, plain lies from many agents over issues like bank guarantees and transference of funds, LFO's etc.?   They touched on it, when talking about easy money from banks and poor build quality, but that's about all.

It would have been nice to hear from a Spanish official on what they intend to do to try and put things right, or even offer any help or advice to those who have fallen foul of hopeless regulation and justice, but nothing!    We all know many people are in a mess through no fault of their own, so what I wanted to see was positive solutions, or even just some Spanish official having the balls to admit massive failure and coming forward with ideas that would not only help those wronged, but start to restore faith in potential buyers, so benifitting all.  Perhaps that's all down to programme makers though?

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 8:50 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

what about Rixxy? she looked so cool and professional on the show. Well done Rixxy!

Ana

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 9:00 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Must agree Inez you came across brilliant, well done, goes to show even when you have money to get a bargain not everyone is going to drop their prices to suit, the blond woman looking for a bargain ended up renting, I wonder why.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 9:05 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Who built La Zenia Elite? Well Tecnologia Urbanistica of course! Who said they have gone broke? As far as I know they are still trading. They are still being taken to court for outstanding deeds and unfinished urbanisations. Did you know that La Zenia Elite is only a few hundred metres from ATLAS HQ one way and Orihuela Costa Townhall the other way? Neither seem willing to help.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 9:05 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Who built La Zenia Elite? Well Tecnologia Urbanistica of course! Who said they have gone broke? As far as I know they are still trading. They are still being taken to court for outstanding deeds and unfinished urbanisations. Did you know that La Zenia Elite is only a few hundred metres from ATLAS HQ one way and Orihuela Costa Townhall the other way? Neither seem willing to help.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 9:06 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it, part 2 next week! I didnt know what was going out as they filmed 2 auctions, the villa owners and Dennis with the apartment and the owner of the pub restaurant were/are my clients and they also filmed 2 buyers.

It was filmed during march and april this year

Mandy looking at proeprty was lovely and her offer was good, owner didnt want to accept and the property got 2 buyes, neither of which completed. Ive just put it on a buy to let with price tag agreed now of 170,000 euros! If the owner had listened to me earlier, it would have been sold and for more, not just to Mandy either.

Off to work now, catch you all later.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jobbing Builder Wanted.... - 8 posts
Beer and Food Prices - 5 posts
UK tax office and paying tax in Spain - 0 posts
Potential Group action against CAM Bank for negligence - 1 posts
Satelitte Dish & Stand - 1 posts
Strawberries - 2 posts
Euro rate in Spain - 6 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 6 posts
Cats ,is it just me ? - 20 posts
French lessons/French conversation - 0 posts
car parking in Valencia - 0 posts
Community charge - 2 posts
Lost Purse - Reward offered - 0 posts
French lessons/native speakers - 7 posts
wanted highchair - 1 posts
Mother and toddler group - 7 posts
Petrol stations close to San Javier airport - 7 posts
FITTED KITCHEN MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts
AIR CONDITIONING UNITS MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts
Primark Algeciras - 34 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - 1 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - OR LAWBIRD - 4 posts
Wanted long term rental - 4 posts
Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet! - 64 posts
long-term parking murcia airport - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 223

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x