Sky TV - new cards coming soon - implications?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2010 8:24 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I replaced my FTA card in October last year. The box is the same box the original FTA card was used in and away we went with no problems. Coming back to Spain yesterday and all the C5 and other channels are showing "wrong card in wrong box". This cannot be as this card has never been a subscription based card and therefore should be able to be moved at whim. I have had to email Sky about it as my mobile isn't roaming properly at the moment .  I'm wondering if the card has "gone to sleep"?

Mark

edit to add: Card can't have gone to sleep, as still have regionalised BBC, ITV and other FTA channels, just no 5, Fiver, 5 USA, etc 

YOur card has gone to sleep.

the old blue card, when they went to sleep, had the upgrade message on.

the white cards have the "wrong card for box" message.

althoughthe card can go to sleep andn ot let you have five, fiver fibe usa, it will still work for the BBC and ITV and C4 regionalisations. and you go not need a card for any of the other FTA channels, as by definition, they are free to air!

leave the card in the box with a signal and your channels should come back over a 24 hour period.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 11:37 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

All the 5 channels are working for me now. I sent an email to Sky last night enquiring about the problem and about 3 hours later we had them .

Mark

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 12:31 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

We put our new card in at New Year, but got a message No Satellite Signal being received. Does this mean the card is not working or  has the dish maybe  moved in the wind? Sorry if it's a stupid question, my husband thinks it must be the dish otherwise the message on the screen would have said something about the card.

Thanks, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 4:42 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

We put our new card in at New Year, but got a message No Satellite Signal being received. Does this mean the card is not working or  has the dish maybe  moved in the wind? Sorry if it's a stupid question, my husband thinks it must be the dish otherwise the message on the screen would have said something about the card.

As usual, husband is correct!

If there was a card issue then the message would say something along those lines.

A no signal means either the dish has moved, or problems with the cabling, or problems with the LNB or problems with the receiver....the normal issue is the dish has moved.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
04 Jan 2010 6:59 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Many thanks!  We'll sort the dish out on our next visit.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Six Month Anniversary - 4 posts
NIE HELP SECTION 2 - 3 posts
FURNITURE PACK-LOWER PRICE & ADDED EXTRAS!!! - 0 posts
Customer Service jobs - Malaga and Granada - 0 posts
Vodafone Dongal - 17 posts
Simusat - 2 posts
Horse Riding in the Condado de Alhama area? - 1 posts
Are there any decent internet providers ??? - 8 posts
WANTED - 0 posts
IKEA MURCIA - 1 posts
Feeeview in Calpe? - 3 posts
Giving up residency - 1 posts
Driving from Norwich, England to Marbella, Spain - 3 posts
Hi everybody - 2 posts
Can you tell me what the consequences would be if someone who will not pay rent/utilites is taken to court - 4 posts
Oil or Gas Central Heating - 7 posts
Lidl Muesli Bars - 17 posts
INHERITANCE TAX - 1 posts
Can I transfer my Spanish property to my children now and will this mean they will not have to pay inheritance tax - 17 posts
I saved water & electric by changing my shower head! - 1 posts
CHILDMINDING - 1 posts
Update from my visit - 1 posts
CRB - Criminal Records - 0 posts
community administrators - 7 posts
piano players ... - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x