Water meter costs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 May 2009 12:00 AM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar

Can anybody tell me what the cost is to have a water meter fitted after the builder has decided to stop the water?

Like 0      
08 May 2009 8:44 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

soz can't help with water .... but love your spider signature thingy ... that's creepy!

Like 0      
08 May 2009 8:47 AM by security response Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi there i dont no the actual cost of the meters at this stage but a standard water meter the same as the water companies use are approx 50 quid i would say. the actuall installation is simple if you are good at putting your hand to things. if you open your current water box you will see the builders have left is so easy to do. you need to switch the valves of and fit the meter between the inlet and outlet.

when you buy the meter the kit will come with all accessories. just for example have a look at this link.

watermeters com au

hope this helps. i am presuming if you fit your own meter by the time they ask for the money there is nothing they can do. but lets get it right depending on where they start fitting on the site some people are going to get more free water than others. i would say at the rate they work out here they will prob do max 10 a day.or is that to optimistic haha

Like 0      
08 May 2009 9:22 AM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

It's not just a matter of fitting a meter. You will need to have a contract with the water supply company and the developer is holding onto the documents you need to do that yourself!

Like 0      
08 May 2009 7:59 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hello there

From my experience of having water connected  to our casa de campo in Murcia you will first of all need your LFO and a boletin from a plumber.Cost of boletin approx 100 euros.

Then the running around starts.

Take boletin to local mines and environment office. In our case this was in the Hacienda Office in Cartagena. GIven form to take to bank and pay the fee (about 8 euros) and bring back form to office. Form stamped and instructed to take to Town Hall.

Visit Town Hall - Urbanismo office. Given form to complete. Took form home and returned to Town Hall. Given another form to take to bank to pay fee (about 20 euros). Back to Town Hall and told they would be in touch.

Not heard anything from Town Hall so call in to enquire. " We sent you a letter. Did it not arrive? Thought it best not to answer,  might upset them! Obtained copy of letter and told to take to Aguagest office.

Aguagest took form. Hooray, no bank visit required! Told to ring in a week and they would give us a quote after they had checked the site. "Which is your house? Is it the one with the pool cover?" It was. No problem.

Rang about three times and eventually got quote of 1500 euros for piping from mains, meter and connection. Told to go to office and pay.

Paid up at Aguagest office and everything fitted within 3 days.

Success!!! Was really proud that I had succeeded in my brush with Spanish system.

Jean

Like 0      
31 May 2009 8:41 PM by lojnej Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

lojnej´s avatar

Hi,

This might be useful information to people who are renting or living permantly in your dream home in the sun.

We only have a small water heater in the apartment and run out of water quickly obviously when water comes out of the heater fresh water goes in and the heater warms it up (costing you money in electric bills).

I changed my shower head in my apartment in Condado de Alhama. It was on a bath shower mixer I measured the flow rate of the shower head and it delivered a massive 15ltrs per minute.

I put the new shower head on and it saved me 6 ltrs a minute that is a lot over a shower. This now means that all my family can get a shower without running out of hot water. Also the new shower head has a choice of 3 spray modes which pulsate. We even get a better shower due to the spray patterns.

You can also get flow restrictors which save you water (a cheaper option) but the negative side to these are that they turn your shower from a powerful wet shower to the performance of an electric shower.

Hope this helps you to save water and energy.

Thanks Simon

This message was last edited by lojnej on 04/06/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 6:13 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I have a property in Cabo Roig, I purchased the apartment last December, the first bill for water was 175e I thought was verry steep, they are comming in every 3 months now and are quite high, I have herd that other rates waste/sewerage are in the same bill.

Why do the water charge a connection fee and not elec, I should have said that the property is 8-9 years old and at the time had the meters removed before I had purchased,

The electrical bills are OK I'm even online but water, I have had no bills no info just money out of my account,

can some one help, with no new bills I have no account numbers to use online?

Jonty

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 10:35 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi iberdrola do charge a connection fee we paid 150€ to have  the meter fitted and we have just paid 119€ to Agaugest for the water meter and keep an eye on your bank account.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2009 12:47 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

How do you get bills though, I have DD receipts, and have tried to get online bills, as I have will my electric, I expected that I would get a note in  the post to go and pick mail up at the post office? I have just had another bill come out of my account 111e SUMa? no bills for that in the post?

I'm over at the end of this month, so I'm going to go into the water place, and try and sort it, I believe they are near the police station and town hall in near Le zenith on the 322.

Wish me look

Like 0      
08 Sep 2009 8:04 PM by mariposa07 Star rating. 82 posts Send private message

Hi Alancambs,

I'm not sure where your property is, but if it's in Murcia then it would come under Aguas de Murcia.  At the beginning of the year our urbanisation was in a similar situation to yours.  After looking into matters I discovered that we needed an:-

•  official Boletin from the plumbing contractor that signed off the build,
  • a habitation licence (certificado de primera ocupacion) from the council to prove that the property met building regs
  • a copy of your deeds
  • NIE
  • approx 180e for the meter

You have to present these documents at Aguas de Murcia HQ in Murcia city centre in person, or someone on your behalf (must have written authorisation from the owner to act on their behalf).

And that's about it, your meter would then be fitted the same or within 48hr, I organised 38 contracts on the same day, all went well and happy to say we are no longer reliante on builder's supply.

Good luck.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2009 8:41 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Alancambs: Is there a FOL for the development?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Orange - 5 posts
WANTED LAWYER WHO TAKES NO NONSENSE AND FIGHTS FOR CLIENTS - 1 posts
Hiring baby car seats etc. San Juan de los Terreros - 0 posts
car boots in costa blanca - 1 posts
What's the easiet way to know where your local airport flies to - 2 posts
Parking at Murcia Airport - 2 posts
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN JUST 2 HOURS - 0 posts
children's healthcare - 0 posts
Funiture for sale - 0 posts
corrie - 0 posts
removers - 0 posts
Hi From Lisa Grant - Spectrum FM - 105.5fm - - 0 posts
Rio Park Bank Guarantee Promised But Not Issued - 16 posts
damp - 1 posts
David Beckham is still a Red - 8 posts
For sale - flights Gatwick-Murcia-Gatwick (dep 25 May return 2 June) - 8 posts
At last we have ALL posts of each member back - 2 posts
Van Wanted - 3 posts
Gardeners - Who Pays? - 1 posts
doplin managent rip opff - 0 posts
Confused - 3 posts
LFO resale question - 6 posts
How is the current economic climate affecting Spain? - 2 posts
Golf at Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Post-completion problems - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x