Confused

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2009 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

As you are probably aware from my previous postings. My Husband works in the UK from Monday to Friday every week and we have a limited company there. Which pays us both so we pay stamps and stuff there.

I live in Spain full time and have done for the last 6 months. We have owned our house here for 2 years and reformed it before I moved over.

I went to see an advisor about taxes and was told we didn't need to fill in any tax returns. Is this correct?

Thanks

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
05 May 2009 11:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Presumably, despite living here, you are still officially non-resident? Your husband certainly could be, since he spends more time in the UK than Spain. If that's the case, then surely you have to at least complete the non-resident's renta declaration for your property (now form 210)? On the other hand, if you are both officially residents, and your property is your principal residence, but all your income is derived in the UK and has been taxed there already, then maybe he's right and you don't have to file here. May be a good idea to seek a second opinion, though. I'm no tax expert.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 May 2009 7:21 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Confusing isn't it Roberto?

We have feet in both camps. In the UK, we are deemed to be resident there still for fiscal purposes.

The advisor that I went to said that it's possible to be resident in Spain without being a fiscal resident?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
06 May 2009 5:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I suspect he may be right -  a second opinion may still be worth getting. It will cost nothing to ask. If it's true you don't have to bother filing a return here - so much the better, eh?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LFO resale question - 6 posts
How is the current economic climate affecting Spain? - 2 posts
Golf at Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Post-completion problems - 1 posts
Holiday rental required Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 1 posts
Dictatorship or what?? - 17 posts
Builders Water Supply - 8 posts
rentals - 15 posts
Make sure you get all your appliance guarantees - 0 posts
Collecting Certificate of Habitation from Town Hall - 1 posts
Does a bank guarantee allow us to successfully reclaim back the deposit we've paid? - 6 posts
KIDS QUAD BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Want to swap Costa de la Luz apartment for property in South West UK - 1 posts
Tooway, The way Forward - 0 posts
We have not signed our contract. Is it still legal ? - 12 posts
It's back..... Part 2 - 9 posts
small claims court - 4 posts
small claims court - 3 posts
Royal Doulton Dinner Service - 5 posts
Hi everyone, yet another newbie in deep doo-doo - 20 posts
Forum Help - 10 posts
driving on someones insurance - 0 posts
Decisions, decisions - 3 posts
Community Pools - 3 posts
Lawyer not providing final costings after completion. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x