David Beckham is still a Red

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2009 12:00 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

david and mates in the changing rooms at the Emirates

Regards

John

Like 0      
06 May 2009 5:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Did you see the shot of him rubbing his hands with glee as the goals went in ? Obviously still has his heart very much in Manchester. Shame really that his silly wife couldn't get along with the gaffer. He may have been seeing his playing days out alongside Giggs and Scholes and becoming the legend that his talent deserves.

BTW, I'm not a Red.........BUT, I'm also not a Gooner, and from what I saw, neither are the majority of their so called "fans". What an absolute disgrace that the stadium was nearly empty with half an hour still to play. Fair weather friends if ever I saw them. If I was the chairman, I'd play the next league game behind closed doors. Shame on them. Whatever your allegiance, you cannot deny the fact that Liverpool's fans always see it out to the bitter end, and sing their anthem whatever the score line. In fact, if they're losing badly, they sing all the louder, thereby encouraging their players to come back in the next game stronger, and with pride in their hearts. Isn't that what it's all about?

Edited: just seen this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8036367.stm

It's only a game, for God's sake.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 06/05/2009.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 06/05/2009.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 May 2009 11:43 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

roberto...what you say about Becks is spot on..but he hasn't done badly since he left.  But , and its a big but, I am afraid you are miles away from reality with your view of Liverpool fans...believe me I have been there when you could hear a pin drop and there was none of this singing to stit the team. They are like all fans who usrge their team on but can easily go very quiet if its not working...just like all fans.  They cannot fill their ground for most games. 

Regards

John

Like 0      
07 May 2009 12:20 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Spoken like a true Manc! Anyway, I don't doubt they also have their share of fans who leave before the final whistle, but every game I've seen, you can hear the fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone at the end - even at away matches, and whether they're winning or losing. I haven't noticed the same spirit with other team's fans. I'm not a Scouser, by the way, it's just an observation of a long suffering Yiddo!

Changing the subject slightly - do you think tonight's ref will ever get a European match again? I'm happy Barca are in the final, but they were a shadow of the team that thrashed Real Madrid, despite their possession, (1 shot in 94 minutes - who cares if they had most of the ball?) and were very lucky not to have four penalties against them. Having said that, Chelsea should have put the tie to bed earlier anyway, especially after the sending off (another ref error), so I don't feel sorry for the ranting madman Drogba at all.

Let's hope Barca turn up for the final!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 May 2009 9:20 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

hi

this ref will get the backing of eufa in so much that Chelsea and their players will be hammered , quite rightly, then be quietly moved aside and we won't notice him not officiating.

all teams suffer at refs...look at my team's non penalty in semi final at Wembley...

looking forward to a great final...all roads lead to Rome...well now they do.

Regards

John

Like 0      
07 May 2009 11:27 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Roberto............you will never become a chairmain-whilst agreeing with your sentiments it is not about football it is about...........money!

Empty stadium = appro £2m in lost revenue for a team like Arsenal!

Shame on you for considering it simply sport!

ps: I am considering entering myself in the Individual syncronised swimming at the next olympics simply for the grants alone!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 11:31 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Roberto

i forgot to thank you for your excellent directions to hotel in Torremolinas-it was well hidden and I WOULD HAVE SPENT HOURS FINDING IT!

thanks again

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 6:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You're welcome - glad to have been of assistance.

Back to refs, and Chelsea - is it something to do with Scandinavians? Anyone remember Anders Frisk?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 May 2009 11:55 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

i do and the death  threats

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

For sale - flights Gatwick-Murcia-Gatwick (dep 25 May return 2 June) - 8 posts
At last we have ALL posts of each member back - 2 posts
Van Wanted - 3 posts
Gardeners - Who Pays? - 1 posts
doplin managent rip opff - 0 posts
Confused - 3 posts
LFO resale question - 6 posts
How is the current economic climate affecting Spain? - 2 posts
Golf at Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Post-completion problems - 1 posts
Holiday rental required Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 1 posts
Dictatorship or what?? - 17 posts
Builders Water Supply - 8 posts
rentals - 15 posts
Make sure you get all your appliance guarantees - 0 posts
Collecting Certificate of Habitation from Town Hall - 1 posts
Does a bank guarantee allow us to successfully reclaim back the deposit we've paid? - 6 posts
KIDS QUAD BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Want to swap Costa de la Luz apartment for property in South West UK - 1 posts
Tooway, The way Forward - 0 posts
We have not signed our contract. Is it still legal ? - 12 posts
It's back..... Part 2 - 9 posts
small claims court - 4 posts
small claims court - 3 posts
Royal Doulton Dinner Service - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x